Author Topic: Fall 2020 / Winter 2021 football season thread  (Read 3895 times)

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Fall 2020 / Winter 2021 football season thread
« on: September 12, 2020, 11:36:09 pm »
New season, new thread.

Despite the sparse fans in the stands, despite all the virus fears, despite the woke social-justice virtue signaling... football goes on.

2019-20 thread
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Re: Fall 2020 / Winter 2021 football season thread
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2020, 11:48:27 pm »
Any bets on who will be the most "woke" team this year. My money is on Alabama, they have already did several videos on BLM with the coach (Saben) in them.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2020, 11:51:57 pm »
New season, new thread.

Despite the sparse fans in the stands, despite all the virus fears, despite the woke social-justice virtue signaling... football goes on.

2019-20 thread

How unfortunate that there are people still watching despite the social justice b.s.  Glad to see the numbers have dwindled significantly.

NFL sees double-digit ratings drop for season opener loaded with social justice activism

https://www.conservativereview.com/nfl-sees-double-digit-ratings-drop-for-season-opener-loaded-with-social-justice-activism-2647597449.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2020, 12:06:10 am »
How unfortunate that there are people still watching despite the social justice b.s.  Glad to see the numbers have dwindled significantly.

NFL sees double-digit ratings drop for season opener loaded with social justice activism

https://www.conservativereview.com/nfl-sees-double-digit-ratings-drop-for-season-opener-loaded-with-social-justice-activism-2647597449.html
Thankfully much of college football is still playing, and high school as well. Now, some are doing the same garbage there, but if you like football, there are still plenty of options.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2020, 12:09:45 am »
Thankfully much of college football is still playing, and high school as well. Now, some are doing the same garbage there, but if you like football, there are still plenty of options.

I don't like football to begin with -- but seriously --- watching a bunch of supposed politically correct morons getting paid to display their anti-American sentiment is shameful and you couldn't pay me to watch them.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2020, 02:20:29 am »
I love football, but It's difficult to muster any enthusiasm this year. Too much kneeling, too many BLM stickers on helmets, too much SJW nonsense - college and NFL.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2020, 07:52:53 pm »
Not watching.   My Internet is down so that helps me to not watch.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2020, 07:58:10 pm »

Sounds like we could use a @corbe poll on this..... :whistle:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2020, 08:10:20 pm »

1-0
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DB

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2020, 08:19:22 pm »

So you aren't here.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2020, 08:39:15 pm »

1-0

Watched the highlights on YouTube, great game.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2020, 08:53:07 pm »
So you aren't here.

In a sense no I am not.
ATT mobile hot-spotting.   

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2020, 09:14:19 pm »
Because of the new coach (Rivera), I tuned in to the Washington Redskins vs. Philadelphia Eagles game at 1pm.

They didn't show the pre-game National Anthem(s), etc., but understand the Eagles stayed in the locker room during the anthem.

The Eagles rushed to a 10-0 lead as the Skins went 3 straight " three and out" series, looking...well, looking like the Redskins for the past 25 years.

Imagine my surprise to find out they came back and won.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Then, I tuned in to check on the Tom Brady and Gronk show vs. the Saints.

So far, Brady hasn't lost a step at all.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2020, 09:45:39 pm »
I love football, but It's difficult to muster any enthusiasm this year. Too much kneeling, too many BLM stickers on helmets, too much SJW nonsense - college and NFL.

Exactly.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online DB

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2020, 10:28:43 pm »
In a sense no I am not.
ATT mobile hot-spotting.

I'm not here either.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2020, 10:32:37 pm »
I'm not here either.

I'm not "all there."  I guess I'm not anywhere?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DB

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2020, 10:39:06 pm »
I'm not "all there."  I guess I'm not anywhere?

A little here, a little there...

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2020, 10:45:37 pm »
Do you like green eggs and ham?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2020, 11:43:35 pm »
Do you like green eggs and ham?
I do not like them, Sam I Am.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2020, 11:49:34 pm »
I do not like them, Sam I Am.

I do not like green eggs and ham.

Offline Wingnut

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2020, 03:48:32 am »
Would you eat them in a box?  Would you eat them with a fox?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online DB

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2020, 04:59:15 am »
Would you eat them in a box?  Would you eat them with a fox?

I draw the line at green ham.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2020, 12:52:35 pm »
Chris Adamski  @C_AdamskiTrib
Steelers LT Alejandro Villanueva has the name Alwyn Cashe on the back of his helmet
Cashe was posthumousky awarded the Silver Star for heroism after his death at 35 while on duty in Iraq
http://Steelers.com had said ALL players' helmets would have Antwon Rose Jr's name
7:46 PM · Sep 14, 2020·
The Steelers' offensive lineman Villanueva is a graduate of USMA.
Antwon Rose was a gangbanger shot by police in Pittsburgh. Yes, the Steelers really had the nerve to honor him.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2020, 01:21:17 pm »
More on the name on Villanueva's helmet:
Iraq War hero Alwyn Cashe should get Medal of Honor, Esper says
Leo Shane III
August 28

For years, military advocates have pointed to the heroic death of Sgt. 1st Class Alwyn Cashe and the subsequent Defense Department decision not to award him the Medal of Honor as proof that the entire military medals system needs a dramatic overhaul.

Now, nearly 15 years after Cashe died after suffering fatal injuries while trying to rescue his fellow soldiers from a burning Bradley Fighting Vehicle in Iraq, the Pentagon appears poised to grant him that highest military honor, and make him the first African American to receive the award for actions in the most recent wars. ...

Cashe was posthumously awarded the Silver Star for his repeated rescue attempts, which resulted in second and third degree burns over nearly 75 percent of his body. Witnesses said that even as the heat burned his uniform and body armor off of him, Cashe continued to ignore the pain to pull his men out of the fire.

At the time of the Silver Star award, Army officials said that even though the vehicle was set ablaze by a roadside bomb, Cashe’s actions did not merit the Medal of Honor because the soldiers were not in active combat. ...
Military Times

Sgt. 1st Class Alwyn Cashe