Author Topic: 19 families buy nearly 97 acres of land in Georgia to create a city safe for Black people  (Read 1361 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
19 families buy nearly 97 acres of land in Georgia to create a city safe for Black people

By Pamela Kirkland, CNN

Updated 11:46 AM ET, Sat September 12, 2020

(CNN)"Welcome to Freedom!" exclaims real estate agent Ashley Scott as she surveys the nearly 97 acres of land that she and a group of 19 Black families purchased in August.

"I'm hoping that it will be a thriving safe haven for people of color, for Black families in particular," Scott says.

The land sits just East of Macon in rural Wilkinson County, Georgia. Scott and her friend, investor and entrepreneur Renee Walters, didn't initially plan on buying a large plot of land, but they had a vision that was clear -- to create a safe space for their Black families.

"Being able to create a community that is thriving, that is safe, that has agriculture and commercial businesses that are supporting one another and that dollars circulating in our community, that is our vision."

more
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/12/us/freedom-black-cooperative-toomsboro/index.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Well they are defnitely into their separatist sense of tribal blackness or something.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I pay taxes on 4x that amount of land and have never walked it all. Middle of nowhere, in the middle of nowhere.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline corbe

Then they'll build a wall to keep FAKE black people out.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Can you imagine the outrage if the heading was reversed, and it was reported land was bought to create a city safe for white people?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline corbe

Can you imagine the outrage if the heading was reversed, and it was reported land was bought to create a city safe for white people?

White People are realizing that HOA's suck, too.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I really,really,really hope some actual rednecks get together and file a racial discrimination lawsuit against them for barring whites from buying or living there.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LegalAmerican

I thought we already had that in Chicago?  Detroit, Baltimore?  Ferguson?  A place they can call their own? 

Offline LegalAmerican

Sounds like communal living and communism  to me.  It won't work. They can vision all they want. 
------
"Being able to create a community that is thriving, that is safe, that has agriculture and commercial businesses that are supporting one another and that dollars circulating in our community, that is our vision."=ARTICLE.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Racism on full display.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I thought we already had that in Chicago?  Detroit, Baltimore?  Ferguson?  A place they can call their own?

@LegalAmerican

No,what you  have in those cities are "part-mints". Part-mints are owned by the cities,and the peep-pulls just live there for free. They don't OWN them.

What they are building in Georgia is a "Little Africa",where no crackas,other than delivery men and service men,will allowed to intrude,and none of the residents will ever have a honkie neighbor to compare themselves to and show them to be slackers that had to rely on AA programs to be able to afford those houses.

Not only that,but the cities are allowed to move honkies in next door to the Master Race,and the Master Race has nothing to say about it

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Sounds like communal living and communism  to me.  It won't work. They can vision all they want. 
------
"Being able to create a community that is thriving, that is safe, that has agriculture and commercial businesses that are supporting one another and that dollars circulating in our community, that is our vision."=ARTICLE.

@LegalAmerican

Yeah,but at a much higher level of living than the typical low-class proletariat. Makes them feel like they are living at the Politburo level.

There is NO society more class-conscious than a Communist society. The ruling class have EVERYTHING they want for free,and the working class are only sometimes ALLOWED to have specific things.

Hell,the ruling classes even have special stores where only they could shop,selling items on they were even allowed to know about,never mind own.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Racism on full display.

@IsailedawayfromFR

Not to mention class-consciousness. Any black that applies will HAVE to be a member of the NAACP,have gone to the "right" schools,taken the "right" classes,and belong to the "right" organizations.

Also,you can bet your bippy no conservative black would even be allowed to rent there,never mind own.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I wonder if these Bozos realize that they already have an entire continent (~12 million sq miles) which is populated and governed by a huge majority of Black people? This is the same continent which flag American Blacks fly and which they call The Motherland, and yet they would never even consider moving there. Instead, they want to build their own tiny African State inside of America.

I'm betting the whole concept will crash and burn before it even starts. All I see is infighting, embezzlement, and chaos.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline skeeter

I wonder if these Bozos realize that they already have an entire continent (~12 million sq miles) which is populated and governed by a huge majority of Black people? This is the same continent which flag American Blacks fly and which they call The Motherland, and yet they would never even consider moving there. Instead, they want to build their own tiny African State inside of America.

I'm betting the whole concept will crash and burn before it even starts. All I see is infighting, embezzlement, and chaos.

They want their own all black community and still have access to the rest of the US.

Online roamer_1

I really,really,really hope some actual rednecks get together and file a racial discrimination lawsuit against them for barring whites from buying or living there.

I sure as hell don't. It's their land, they can do what they want with it. Just like the Aryans can.

As long as they are peaceable folks and break no laws, more power to em.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
They want their own all black community and still have access to the rest of the US.
That's fine with me. I really don't think they have to worry about non-Black races trying to 'get in'.
Like someone else already said, there are already almost all-Black cities and enclaves all over America.
And most people don't want to go anywhere near them, except to buy drugs.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online roamer_1

That's fine with me. I really don't think they have to worry about non-Black races trying to 'get in'.
Like someone else already said, there are already almost all-Black cities and enclaves all over America.
And most people don't want to go anywhere near them, except to buy drugs.

There it is. The thing they DON'T understand is that rural folks have to go along and get along. Hard to do without neighbors. If their vision is all black, they will find out the bed they've made.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
According to Georgia law, new cities have to:

be at least one square mile in size
have 200 people per square mile
have at least 60 percent of the area be used for residential, industrial, commercial or governmental purposes
put forth a local act to the Georgia General Assembly and be granted a city charter
provide at least three municipal services for citizens within the first two years of receiving a charter

The acreage of a square mile is 640 acres. The community would have to acquire just over 520 more acres of land to meet the requirements set out by Georgia law.

Scott says 19 families also aren't enough to meet state requirements. They are looking to have at least 200 families join the initiative. "We want especially our Black families to come to be pioneers with us," says Scott.

However, the community welcomes anyone to come and be a part of Freedom.  (Only if'n you be black)

Establishing a new city could take years and even decades, but Scott has hope they can get it done quicker than expect.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I sure as hell don't. It's their land, they can do what they want with it. Just like the Aryans can.

@roamer_1

WRONG!

There can be no such thing as a "white neighborhood" in  2020 'murika. Been illegal according to federal law since 1965 or so. There has been many lawsuits over this over the decades,and the courts have always ruled against it for whites.

They seem to think it is just peachy-keenfor minority racial groups to do it,though.

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

WRONG!

There can be no such thing as a "white neighborhood" in  2020 'murika. Been illegal according to federal law since 1965 or so. There has been many lawsuits over this over the decades,and the courts have always ruled against it for whites.

They seem to think it is just peachy-keenfor minority racial groups to do it,though.

I don't give two sh*ts about federal law. As if that law was right when it was passed. The Aryans have a compound up in here, and I will bet (in fact I know) there ain't no black folks living there. Same.

Don't matter. Their town is doomed simply for it's exclusion.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
There it is. The thing they DON'T understand is that rural folks have to go along and get along. Hard to do without neighbors. If their vision is all black, they will find out the bed they've made.

@roamer_1

They know. Oprah created an exclusive upscale housing development in the middle of NC back in the 70's,and ownership was restricted to black people. I can't remember where it is now,but it was in one of the poorer counties with a large,and maybe even majority black population.

And let's be plain about this,these were not middle-class homes. They were mansions on large lots with gated security.

Plenty of cheap labor around to do the serf work,and a lot of it was white. There is NOTHING rich blacks love more than white servants.

Oprah herself had a big house built there,but I seriously doubt she had any intention of even visiting there,never mind living there.

IIRC,it was a failure. Not close enough to any large city were there was a large population of upper middle-class blacks looking for upscale suburban living,and practically none of the locals,black or white could afford the costs.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

The community would have to acquire just over 520 more acres of land to meet the requirements set out by Georgia law.

@Wingnut

Well,they would if they were white......

Online roamer_1

According to Georgia law....

That is for articles of incorporation as a city. Incorporation is not necessary. I can name you several around here that are towns, that offer services, that are not incorporated. Are not bonafied. Yet they are on the maps.

What that seems to boil down to is the ability to adjudicate and enforce, and little more.

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

They know. Oprah created an exclusive upscale housing development in the middle of NC back in the 70's,and ownership was restricted to black people. I can't remember where it is now,but it was in one of the poorer counties with a large,and maybe even majority black population.

And let's be plain about this,these were not middle-class homes. They were mansions on large lots with gated security.

Plenty of cheap labor around to do the serf work,and a lot of it was white. There is NOTHING rich blacks love more than white servants.

Oprah herself had a big house built there,but I seriously doubt she had any intention of even visiting there,never mind living there.

So what?

IIRC,it was a failure. Not close enough to any large city were there was a large population of upper middle-class blacks looking for upscale suburban living,and practically none of the locals,black or white could afford the costs.

There you go...