Author Topic: ‘Enter At Your Own Risk!’: Texas Police Group Puts Up Billboards Warning Those Entering Austin That  (Read 483 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘Enter At Your Own Risk!’: Texas Police Group Puts Up Billboards Warning Those Entering Austin That City Defunded Police
By  Ashe Schow
•
Sep 12, 2020   DailyWire.com

People entering Austin, Texas, from Interstate 35 will see two billboards warning them that the city defunded police.

One billboard says, “Warning! Austin defunded police. Enter at your own risk!” CBS News reported. The board is referring to the Austin city council’s vote last month to cut the police budget.

The second billboard reads, “Limited support next 20 miles,” the outlet reported.

The billboards were put up by the Texas Municipal Police Association, which announced its campaign Wednesday on Facebook:

Today, TMPA released two billboards (pictured below), along Interstate 35, entering Austin, intended to raise public awareness that Austin is a defunded city. This reckless act, a political stunt by the city council pandering to the radical left, will do nothing but endanger the people of Austin.

As the largest police association in Texas, it is our duty and responsibility to stand up for the brave men and woman of the APD, as well as the other law enforcement agencies with jurisdiction within the city limits which will have less of APDs resources to depend on, and to raise public awareness of the dangers of defunding not just Austin, but any city across the U.S.

more
https://www.dailywire.com/news/enter-at-your-own-risk-texas-police-group-puts-up-billboards-warning-those-entering-austin-that-city-defunded-police
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DB

California requires warning labels on everything.

Why shouldn't cities have the same requirement?

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Outstanding. Let TPTB in the area be reminded every time they pass one.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I sent that pic a few days ago to my liberal brother who works in Austin.  He didn't find it amusing....lololol.
To a lib, the truth rarely is.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington