Author Topic: Biden is consoler in chief to Trump's commander in chief at Shanksville 9/11 memorial  (Read 224 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden is consoler in chief to Trump's commander in chief at Shanksville 9/11 memorial
by Rob Crilly, White House Correspondent |
 | September 11, 2020 03:09 PM

The stage had been stripped bare and the flower arrangements removed by the time Joe Biden arrived at the Flight 93 memorial, three hours after President Trump had addressed a Sept. 11 ceremony on the very spot.

The Democratic nominee laid a wreath with his wife, Jill, beneath the name of one of the crew members of the doomed flight and then chatted quietly with the victim's relatives.

“It never goes away,” he said to Cheryl and Camal Homer, “Does it?”

The two candidates for president made pilgrimages on Friday to the marble Wall of Names at the crash site where 40 passengers and crew died in a rural Pennsylvania field. But they did it in their own styles, offering different visions of how a president can relate to the nation.

In the morning, Trump addressed some 200 relatives and officials with a message of American exceptionalism and bravery in a speech that showcased decisive action against terrorist leaders.

In contrast, Biden had already told reporters that he would not be making news on the 19th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks (even as he made headlines by announcing that his campaign was suspending advertising for the day).

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/biden-is-consoler-in-chief-to-trumps-commander-in-chief-at-shanksville-9-11-memorial
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

“It never goes away,” he said to Cheryl and Camal Homer, “Does it?”
"What?" Cheryl asked.

"The desire to smell women's hair," Joe replied. "You don't mind if I ... *sniff* *sniff* "

"Get the hell away from me, you perv!" Cheryl cried.

"Okay, Jill, I'm ready for my pudding now."
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org