Author Topic: Chinese virologist claims she has proof COVID-19 was made in Wuhan lab  (Read 499 times)

Online mountaineer

Chinese virologist claims she has proof COVID-19 was made in Wuhan lab
By Natalie Musumeci
September 11, 2020 | 5:30pm
A Chinese virologist who has reportedly been in hiding for fear of her safety has stepped out into the public eye again to make the explosive claim that she has the scientific evidence to prove COVID-19 was man-made in a lab in China.

Dr. Li-Meng Yan, a scientist who says she did some of the earliest research into COVID-19 last year, made the comments Friday during an interview on British talk show “Loose Women.”

When asked where the deadly virus that has killed more than 900,000 around the globe comes from, Yan — speaking via video chat from a secret location — replied, “It comes from the lab — the lab in Wuhan and the lab is controlled by China’s government.”

She insisted that widespread reports that the virus originated last year from a wet market in Wuhan, China, are “a smokescreen.” ...
More at NY Post

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Chinese virologist claims she has proof COVID-19 was made in Wuhan lab
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2020, 10:57:23 am »
I have been saying this since very early on...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2020, 12:21:56 pm »
I think we all knew it, especially when Chinese scientists in that very lab started getting sick and dying. Thanks, Dr. Fauci, for sending Wuhan several million of U.S. taxpayer dollars!

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2020, 12:24:12 pm »
 :bkmk:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2020, 01:10:10 pm »

Apparently no one has told governor Cuomo yet. The dumbass is off by about 8000 miles.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 01:17:48 pm by skeeter »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2020, 01:17:13 pm »

You and me both!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Idiot

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2020, 03:22:11 pm »
Whoa......  and there I thought it was Trump's fault.  happy77

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2020, 03:56:48 pm »
This virus has never acted like any coronoavirus or the general flue, which tends to go after everyone indiscrimiately.

This virus specifically targets the unhealthy and compromised immunities, and barely bothers anyone else.

And it acts more like malaria than the flu.

I'm more afraid if this is a natural pathogen, because this kind of thing should be recombining out in the wild.
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2020, 04:00:09 pm »
Whoa......  and there I thought it was Trump's fault.  happy77
To hear the dems' complaining, you'd think he had a laboratory in the White House where he was cooking up all sorts of tomfoolery, like the mad scientist he is.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2020, 09:13:19 pm »
To hear the dems' complaining, you'd think he had a laboratory in the White House where he was cooking up all sorts of tomfoolery, like the mad scientist he is.
It's in room next to the one GW kept his weather machine in.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 09:14:47 pm by GtHawk »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2020, 09:42:53 pm »
I posted this story at Facebook and someone of the "shoot the messenger" school of thought complained that the NY Post is a tabloid, no better than the National Enquirer. I responded that the Post was simply quoting what the scientist said on the British talk show, they weren't actually making it up.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2020, 10:30:18 pm »
This virus has never acted like any coronoavirus or the general flue, which tends to go after everyone indiscrimiately.

This virus specifically targets the unhealthy and compromised immunities, and barely bothers anyone else.

And it acts more like malaria than the flu.

I'm more afraid if this is a natural pathogen, because this kind of thing should be recombining out in the wild.

From Nature.com
(NOTE the date of the article)

Letter
    Published: 09 November 2015

A SARS-like cluster of circulating bat coronaviruses shows potential for human emergence
https://www.nature.com/articles/nm.3985

From the Abstract:
Using the SARS-CoV reverse genetics system2, we generated and characterized a chimeric virus expressing the spike of bat coronavirus SHC014 in a mouse-adapted SARS-CoV backbone. The results indicate that group 2b viruses encoding the SHC014 spike in a wild-type backbone can efficiently use multiple orthologs of the SARS receptor human angiotensin converting enzyme II (ACE2), replicate efficiently in primary human airway cells and achieve in vitro titers equivalent to epidemic strains of SARS-CoV. Additionally, in vivo experiments demonstrate replication of the chimeric virus in mouse lung with notable pathogenesis. Evaluation of available SARS-based immune-therapeutic and prophylactic modalities revealed poor efficacy; both monoclonal antibody and vaccine approaches failed to neutralize and protect from infection with CoVs using the novel spike protein. On the basis of these findings, we synthetically re-derived an infectious full-length SHC014 recombinant virus and demonstrate robust viral replication both in vitro and in vivo. Our work suggests a potential risk of SARS-CoV re-emergence from viruses currently circulating in bat populations.

This was the work done in North Carolina up to 2014, with Xing-Yi Ge 
Xing-Yi Ge

Key Laboratory of Special Pathogens and Biosafety, Wuhan Institute of Virology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan, China
and  Zhengli-Li Shi
Zhengli-Li Shi

Key Laboratory of Special Pathogens and Biosafety, Wuhan Institute of Virology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan, China

Who apparently returned to the very lab in Wuhan our tax dollars helped fund, which ultimately was the source of the pathogen. (Whether those doctors had anything to do with its release or development from there, I do not know).

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2020, 10:31:11 pm »
Gee whiz. Some guys get all the neat toys. :silly:

C S Lewis