Author Topic: Kasich: Abortion Issue ‘Dwarfed’ by Need to Stop Trump’s ‘Division’  (Read 127 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pam Key 11 Sep 2020

Former Gov. John Kasich (R-OH) addressed ABC’s “The View” co-host Meghan McCain’s concerns over a potential Biden-Harris administration’s abortion policies by arguing stopping the “division” President Donald Trump was causing is a higher priority on Friday.

McCain said, “Governor, I actually have been looking forward to having you on to ask this question because you know my family. I was raised with a certain set of values and principles, and I was raised conservative. I’ve only gotten more conservative as I’ve gotten older, and I’m almost nine months pregnant.”

She continued, “I hate President Trump, and I think everybody else knows that. But there are some policies on the left, specifically with Kamala Harris right now, having to do with abortion. She co-sponsored a bill doing away with any limits at all, also running on taxpayer funding for abortions. I was surprised at this. You’re pro-life, and I know that. You were pro-life in politics, as am I. It’s a big part of who I am and my platform, and I don’t think taxpayers should be funding abortions for women who are as pregnant as I am right now. How would you push back against a voter like me who’s concerned about things like this in a possible Biden-Kamala administration?”

Kasich said, “I agree with you on your position, Meghan. But look, again, I’m not a person— I disagree with Joe Biden in a number of areas. I don’t agree with him in capital gains taxes, but the issues here are dwarfed, in my opinion, by the fact that he’s a person that can pull us together. So do I think that if he wins, that all of a sudden, all these things are going to happen that are negative? No, I don’t believe that at all because that’s not his character. That is not who he is.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/09/11/kasich-abortion-issue-dwarfed-by-need-to-stop-trumps-division/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34