Author Topic: Joe Biden Suggests Michigan Voters Chose Trump Partly Because of Racism  (Read 306 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joel B. Pollak 11 Sep 2020

Former Vice President suggested Thursday that voters in Macomb County, Michigan, abandoned the Democratic Party to vote for Donald Trump in 2016 because they are racist.

In an interview with Jake Tapper of CNN, Biden said that some voters felt “taken for granted,” and speculated that they responded to Trump using a “dog whistle” on race.

From the CNN transcript (emphasis added):

TAPPER: Let’s turn to the 2020 race, and specifically the fact that we’re in Macomb County, Michigan, right now.

This is a county that President Obama and you carried twice, and then President Trump carried by 12 percentage points in 2016.

You’re a son of Scranton. You’re somebody who likes to talk about working class, the middle class. Why do you think so many of these folks turned against the Democratic Party in 2016?

JOE BIDEN (D), PRESIDENTIAL NOMINEE: Well, look, I think, number one, a lot of it was taken for granted.

When we were in, I spent a lot of in Macomb County, a lot of time in Detroit. I was given the responsibility of getting it out of its bankruptcy and getting it on its feet. I was the guy that was asked, in the Recovery Act, to make sure we made sure we were in a situation where we saved General Motors and Chrysler.

I come from Claymont. You know Claymont. You’re a Philly guy. Claymont’s a working-class neighborhood. It used to be — have 6,000 steelworkers in Claymont. It shut down, Worth Steel.

But the point is that I think it was the feeling that they were taken for granted. I don’t know that for a fact. And I think that he used that dog whistle on race. Now it’s a bullhorn.

And I think that — look, the neighbors I come from, and I think, presumptuously to say, you come from, people don’t want a handout. They just want a fighting chance: Just give me a shot. I have been looking for a shot.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/09/11/joe-biden-suggests-michigan-voters-chose-trump-partly-because-of-racism/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Joe Biden Suggests Michigan Voters Chose Trump Partly Because of Racism
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 05:05:43 pm »
White working class males are getting pretty damn tired of being called "racists" every time they don't fall in lock step with their liberal betters.  Joe is an idiot, but that is redundant.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 05:10:38 pm »
White working class males are getting pretty damn tired of being called "racists" every time they don't fall in lock step with their liberal betters.  Joe is an idiot, but that is redundant.

This true.
It is now to the point that they say we are racists just because we were born white.
Some have suggested that nothing we can do will change that, no matter how hard we try.

I've heard people say racism is a health crisis.
So, logically, if I have a disease that is incurable, and that is killing the country, can I file for disability?
Not that I would, but it does get weirder everyday.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 05:59:28 pm »
You ain't black, Joe.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 10:34:23 pm »
"Former Vice President suggested Thursday that voters in Macomb County, Michigan, abandoned the Democratic Party to vote for Donald Trump in 2016 because they are racist."

Hmmmm....
Callin' a voter "racis'" is a sure way to get them "to switch" this time around?
Yeah, that's the ticket...!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2020, 10:42:46 pm »
In 2008, they weren't racists, so what happened over the next eight years that turned them into racists?  Bad leadership at the top?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2020, 02:57:06 pm »
 Smooth,Joe,smooth!

22222frying pan
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!