Author Topic: If Democrats ‘Codify Roe v. Wade,’ That Would Mean Abortions Until Birth For Any Reason Nationwide  (Read 127 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 If Democrats ‘Codify Roe v. Wade,’ That Would Mean Abortions Until Birth For Any Reason Nationwide

Americans in state and federal elections will decide if Roe and all of its implications will become official law. Millions of lives hang in the balance.

By Sarah St. Onge
September 11, 2020

In January 2019, New York passed the Reproductive Health Act. It was hailed as a watershed moment for women’s rights in the state. The NYRHA was meant to “codify Roe,” meaning to bring state laws into accord with the Supreme Court decision Roe v. Wade.

We’ve heard a lot from Democratic candidates regarding their wish to “codify Roe” on a federal level. Many voters believe codifying Roe would just assure reasonable protections for women facing problematic pregnancies, not realizing Roe is part of two decisions handed down by the Supreme Court.

On the same day Roe was decided, Doe v. Bolton was also handed down, with the court clarifying these were “companion cases.” Companion cases are meant to be read together when determining how a court decision should be interpreted. In large part, codifying Roe means codifying Doe as well.

Roe determines how states are permitted to limit abortion, based on the trimester of pregnancy. In the third trimester, a state is permitted to outlaw all abortions except when the health of the mother is involved. This is where Doe comes in. Doe defines what constitutes health.

In Doe, the Supreme Court clarifies health as anything “physical, emotional, psychological, familial, [or related to] the woman’s age, relevant to the wellbeing of the patient.” Pro-abortion advocates don’t want you to focus on Doe, because then you’d understand what pro-life advocates mean when they reference “abortion until birth.”

Doe classifies “health issues” as situations such as a financial crisis, or single-motherhood. So, essentially, this means anything involving a pregnant woman that may cause a rift in her life.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2020/09/11/if-democrats-codify-roe-v-wade-that-would-mean-abortions-until-birth-for-any-reason-nationwide/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline HuskyPatriot

All I can respond is that I just heard the names of the victims of 9/11 on TV and seven or so women's names were read with the addition, "...and her unborn child."   VERY emotional!  Why mourn the unborn if they're seen as "pieces of tissue" as I heard one feminist say once??? (Yes, this woman said that and I nearly jumped her.)  You dream and plan not for a "piece of tissue" but for a human being made in the image of God.  Mind you I'm not a mother, but...I'm Catholic.   (Sorry if this message sounds muddled, these codifications are just so repulsive.)