Author Topic: Rochester mayor fires police chief, suspends city attorney over death of Daniel Prude  (Read 245 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Rochester mayor fires police chief, suspends city attorney over death of Daniel Prude
By Rebecca Klar - 09/14/20 06:05 PM EDT

Rochester, N.Y., Mayor Lovely Warren (D) said Monday she is firing the city's chief of police and suspending its city attorney in the aftermath of the death of Daniel Prude in police custody in March.

Warren’s announcement that she is firing Police Chief La’Ron Singletary comes one week after the chief said he would be stepping down from the position but would stay on through the end of the month. 

“This initial look has shown what so many have suspected, that we have a pervasive problem in the Rochester Police Department,” Warren said at a hastily arranged press conference, according to The Associated Press. “One that views everything through the eyes of the badge and not the citizens we serve. It shows that Mr. Prude’s death was not taken as seriously as it should have been by those who reviewed the case throughout city government at every level.”
ADVERTISEMENT

Warren also said she would suspend Corporation Counsel Tim Curtin and Communications Director Justin Roj without pay for 30 days.

“I accept the discipline issued by Mayor Warren today," Roj said in a statement posted to Twitter. "At no time, before August 4, was I aware of what had happened to Mr. Prude, and when i saw the video I immediately expressed by opinion within City Hall that the officers involved should no longer be on our streets.”

“I personally believe that Mr. Prude would be alive today if the responding officers recognized his humanity, and acted with compassion and restraint."

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/516378-rochester-mayor-fires-police-chief-suspends-city-lawyer-over-death-of
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I wonder how that works out when all the Rochester Police officer corps up and quit last week?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DB

I wonder how that works out when all the Rochester Police officer corps up and quit last week?

What was Mr. Prude's responsibility for being high on PCP?

There's the root of what killed him.