Author Topic: Biden botches military coronavirus death count, campaign says he accidentally cited Michigan number  (Read 158 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden botches military coronavirus death count, campaign says he accidentally cited Michigan number
Biden cited the number of confirmed cases and deaths in Michigan as being the numbers for the military

By Andrew O'Reilly | Fox News

Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden misspoke during a campaign stop in Michigan, incorrectly saying that over 6,000 U.S. military members have died from the novel coronavirus.

Speaking in Warren, Mich., Biden cited the number of confirmed cases and deaths from COVID-19 in Michigan as being the numbers for the military, saying the armed forces had seen 118,984 cases and 6,114 deaths.

Shortly after the event, Biden’s campaign quickly clarified that Biden had mixed up the numbers for Michigan with those from military. As of Wednesday, only seven members of the military had died from COVID-19.

"Vice President Biden has the utmost respect for the men and women of the armed services and believes it's the sacred duty of our country to properly equip them, look after their families when they're deployed, and care for them when they return,” Biden’s Deputy Rapid Response Director Michael Gwin said in a statement to Fox News.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-botches-military-coronavirus-death-count-accidently-cited-michigan
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
That's great.

Biden doesn't even know he made the mistake
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joel B. Pollak 9 Sep 2020

CLAIM: There have been 6,114 U.S. military deaths from coronavirus.

VERDICT: FALSE. There have been seven.

Former Vice President Joe Biden has been attacking President Donald Trump for remarks that The Atlantic claimed he made about dead soldiers in war (and which over twenty witnesses have publicly refuted). On Wednesday, Biden commented on soldiers who had died during the coronavirus pandemic — and overstated the number by a factor of nearly one thousand.

Biden was speaking to members of the United Auto Workers in Michigan. After fumbling about for a card listing U.S. military deaths in Afghanistan and Iraq, which he said he always kept with him — but which he had given to his staff — Biden read the casualty numbers for those wars, along with those for the coronavirus. Struggling to read the numbers, he said:

U.S. COVID-infected military — excuse me, U.S. COVID-infected in America: six thousand, three hundred forty-four thousand, seven hundred [sic]. U.S. COVID deaths: one thousand, one hundred eighty-nine thousand, five hundred six [sic]. Military COVID-infected: one hundred and eighteen thousand, nine hundred and eighty-four. Military COVID deaths: six thousand, one hundred and fourteen. Folks: every one of these lives matter. Every one of these lives left somebody behind, grieving.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/2020-election/2020/09/09/fact-check-joe-biden-falsely-claims-6114-military-dead-from-coronavirus-real-number-is-7/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline HuskyPatriot

Botches, botches. New nickname, "Botches Biden"?  When he does this during the debates I hope someone in the media (Fox News no doubt) will jump on him as quickly as they do when they try to dig up contradictory stuff about everything (I mean *everything*) the sitting President says.   It's all so disgusting.....  9999hair out0000 

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Botches, botches. New nickname, "Botches Biden"?  When he does this during the debates I hope someone in the media (Fox News no doubt) will jump on him as quickly ....

No one in the media will help POTUS ... they will let Biden's lie sit there.  It will be up to the President to set the record straight.  I've read Trump and his team have been preparing for this reality. This pleases me.   happy77