Author Topic: GOP Sees Major Bounce in Voter Registrations in Pennsylvania: ‘I Want to Be in the Trump Party’  (Read 142 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hannah Bleau10 Sep 2020212

Republicans have experienced a significant bounce in voter registrations in the key swing state of Pennsylvania, netting roughly seven times more registrations than Democrats since the last presidential election.

Several polls show President Trump gradually closing the gap in the Keystone State, which RealClearPolitics has in Joe Biden’s (D) column by just over four percent. A Rasmussen Reports survey of likely voters in Pennsylvania released last week emphasized the shift in the state, showing Trump and his Democrat opponent tied with 46 percent each.

Regardless of the surveys, Trump’s campaign, as well as his allies, are continuing to put stock in the existence of the “silent majority” — a sect of Trump voters who are not explicitly expressing their Election Day intentions. Recent voter registration data from Pennsylvania is feeding those beliefs.

While Democrats have a sizable advantage in overall registered voters throughout the state, holding an advantage of roughly 750,000, the GOP has added 198,000 registered voters since the 2016 election — nearly seven times more than the 29,000 picked up by Democrats. Democrats currently comprise 47 percent of the electorate, down from 49 percent in 2016. The GOP now stands at 39 percent, up a single percentage point from 2016.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/09/10/gop-sees-major-bounce-in-voter-registrations-in-pennsylvania-i-want-to-be-in-the-trump-party/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

GOP voter registrations surge in key battleground state
Republicans in Pennsylvania have added almost 198,000 registered voters, according to report
Fox News, Sep 10, 2020

[...]

Many party officials credit President Trump with narrowing the divide.

An uptick in registrations in three critical areas across Pennsylvania -- including Erie, Luzerne, and Northampton counties -- helped Trump to flip the state in 2016, according to Politico; Hillary Clinton lost to him there by less than one percentage point.

Republicans have made the biggest net gains in western Pennsylvania's Westmoreland, Luzerne and Washington counties, Politico said, while Democrats have gained ground in the suburbs around Philadelphia including Montgomery, Chester, Delaware and Bucks counties.

While Democrats in the state said that they were not particularly concerned about the increase, Republicans said they have benefitted from the Trump campaign's in-person canvassing.

The leader of the Pennsylvania Republican Party, Lawrence Tabas, told Politico that Democrats are making excuses.

“If I were them, I would say that I think voter registration is some sort of a lagging issue. You would, too,” he remarked. “Having this additional edge of newly registered Republicans from the Democratic base, these are people who are going to vote in November. These people are committed.”

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/key-battleground-state-gop-see-voter-registration-surge

Offline Right_in_Virginia

“Having this additional edge of newly registered Republicans from the Democratic base, these are people who are going to vote in November. These people are committed.”

:thumbsup: