Author Topic: ESPN to Televise Protesting Players and Singing of Black National Anthem  (Read 709 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dylan Gwinn 10 Sep 2020

The players have said they will protest and, if they do, ESPN says they will televise it.

Normally ESPN only shows the honor guard and singing of the Star-Spangled Banner prior to games. However, for their opening Monday Night Football double-header, ESPN will also televise the “black national anthem,” a song known as Lift Ev’ry Voice and Sing. In addition, the network will also “show social justice movements, actions, as they happen.”

“Our policy is to cover the anthem when it’s newsworthy. That’s not going to change,” ESPN Executive Vice President of Event and Studio Production Stephanie Druley told reporters. “We are going to continue as we’ve done with the NBA and the WNBA. We will cover social justice movements, actions, as they happen. We’re not going to shy away from that.”

Druley stressed that ESPN does not view the social justice protests as being political.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2020/09/10/espn-to-televise-protesting-players-and-singing-of-black-national-anthem/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idiot

Re: ESPN to Televise Protesting Players and Singing of Black National Anthem
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2020, 05:00:55 pm »
Dylan Gwinn 10 Sep 2020

The players have said they will protest and, if they do, ESPN says they will televise it.

Normally ESPN only shows the honor guard and singing of the Star-Spangled Banner prior to games. However, for their opening Monday Night Football double-header, ESPN will also televise the “black national anthem,” a song known as Lift Ev’ry Voice and Sing. In addition, the network will also “show social justice movements, actions, as they happen.”

“Our policy is to cover the anthem when it’s newsworthy. That’s not going to change,” ESPN Executive Vice President of Event and Studio Production Stephanie Druley told reporters. “We are going to continue as we’ve done with the NBA and the WNBA. We will cover social justice movements, actions, as they happen. We’re not going to shy away from that.”

Druley stressed that ESPN does not view the social justice protests as being political.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2020/09/10/espn-to-televise-protesting-players-and-singing-of-black-national-anthem/
Good thing I got rid of my cable tv over 10 years ago....

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2020, 05:11:03 pm »
Piss on that.   ESPN is dead. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 05:11:40 pm »
Black national anthem?  These morons keep pushing for segregation after fighting for decades to integrate?  MLK is turning over in his grave at the utter stupidity of it all.

I say shutdown ALL TAXPAYER FUNDED sports parks, stadiums and arenas, perhaps permanently.  F*&^ these over paid morons.  If these *sshats do not like the USA, then I say go to a country that they can get what they want.  I consider all this anti American nonsense as treason.  And I resent taxpayer funds being used to build and maintain facilities for these treasonous b*st*rds.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 05:10:04 am by jafo2010 »

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 05:19:37 pm »
According to Radio + Television Business Report (RBR.com) the age of live sports viewers is scewing older. Much older. Today the average NFL viewer is at least 50. And it’s a problem for the NFL.

Hey, NFL  great strategy to lose more viewers.  Your core could care less about BLM and SJW messaging. 

But wait.  Maybe this is their plan to attract the new woke.  The younger crowd?

A less reassuring data point for the pro football industry is that the younger the fan, the less likely they are to be a regular viewer. The 21- to 24-year-old bracket expressed the least loyalty.

Oh snap.  NFL  =Not For Long.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2020, 05:58:57 pm »
I would have guessed the black national anthem was "Baby Got Back." Who knew?  :shrug:

No surprise, though, that ESPN would give this coverage. That network is hopelessly woke.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online corbe

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2020, 08:48:14 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2020, 09:14:57 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2020, 09:30:36 pm »
@corbe

Getting woke makes professional sports go broke. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online corbe

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2020, 09:30:41 pm »
   After tomorrow night when the Rockets are eliminated in the second round, I'm done with all their $hit.
   All I got left is LPGA and Curling, or find a Good Woman, instead of these Crazy's that occupy my time now.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2020, 09:33:46 pm »
   After tomorrow night when the Rockets are eliminated in the second round, I'm done with all their $hit.
   All I got left is LPGA and Curling, or find a Good Woman, instead of these Crazy's that occupy my time now.

She's purty.  I'd like to have her baby.....
I will NOT comply.

Online corbe

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2020, 09:35:42 pm »
   I'd drink her bathwater.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2020, 09:42:08 pm »
Blank national anthem?  These morons keep pushing for segregation after fighting for decades to integrate? 
MLK is turning over in his grave at the utter stupidity of it all.

@jafo2010

And saying "Where all de white girls? Where de money?"

I say shutdown ALL TAXPAYER FUNDED sports parks, stadiums and arenas, perhaps permanently.  F*&^ these over paid morons.  If these *sshats do not like the USA, then I say go to a country that they can get what they want.

I don't. If cities want to commit intentional financial suicide,let them. Not our business unless we live there.

I consider all this anti American nonsense as treason.

Because that is what it is.

And I resent taxpayer funds being used to build and maintain facilities for these treasonous b*st*rds.

I say let them bring it out into the open and show us who they are.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline aligncare

Re: ESPN to Televise Protesting Players and Singing of Black National Antheml
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2020, 10:02:13 pm »
The United States national anthem has no color except red, white and blue. The perpetrators of the black national anthem seek to divide Americans by race. That pisses me off. The only way I would ever recite it, is at gun point. Under threats they may have possession of my body and words, but they’ll never have my mind and soul. Those will always be American made and God-inspired.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2020, 05:21:03 am »
SneakyPete
I don't. If cities want to commit intentional financial suicide,let them. Not our business unless we live there.

Back years ago, I resided in Allegheny County, where the city of Pittsburgh, PA is located.  The ten counties that surround Pittsburgh had a referendum on whether to build two new ballparks one for football and one for baseball, and tear down Three Rivers Stadium.  The outcome of the referendum was 70% of the voters said NO NEW STADIUMS.  Not a close vote by any means.  Well, the corrupt politicians in PA went ahead and built two new stadiums anyway, spending over $400 million on two new stadiums while there was still $60+ million still owed on Three Rivers Stadium.

I have a HUGE problem when taxpayer funds are stolen for such projects so that these maggot owners and players can use our facility to spit on our flag and our national anthem.

I SAY TEAR THE FACILITIES DOWN AND LET THEM BUILD THEIR OWN FACILITIES.  ENOUGH TAXPAYER ABUSE.

I WILL BOYCOTT ALL PRO SPORT TEAMS, AND ALL THE STINKING COMPANIES SPITTING ON OUR FLAG AND NATIONAL ANTHEM