Author Topic: Texas Police Chief Zip-Ties 647 Protesters – Then Charges Get Dropped And Out Of Nowhere She Resign  (Read 468 times)

rangerrebew

Texas Police Chief Zip-Ties 647 Protesters – Then Charges Get Dropped And Out Of Nowhere She Resigns
By Adam Casalino|September 9, 2020

What’s Happening:

We recently brought you the story of a heroic Texas police chief who refused to let protesters block a highway.

She had all 647 of them zip-tied and arrested.

Unfortunately, the story didn’t end there. If you can believe it, all the charges were dropped and they were let free.

And now, we’re hearing some concerning news about the officer chief who actually did her job:

https://thepatriotjournal.com/texas-police-chief-647-charges-resign/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=pjnewsletter

Offline berdie

I can't say why the charges were dropped (I have a good idea) but I have a theory as to why the 647 weren't taken to jail. TDCJ was not accepting people from county/city jails at that time. The jails were at capacity. Where are you going to put the 647 lawbreakers until they bond out? And they were breaking the law.

I don't reside in Dallas any longer, thank you Lord, so I really only know what I see on the news. The DPD has been short staffed for quite a while and will likely remain so. Murder/crime rate is up and problems with pensions and lower salaries. I heard on the news today that the Dallas City Council, in their infinite wisdom, is voting to cut 7m from the DPD budget allocated for overtime. So if you are short staff to begin with where are you going to get staffing w/o overtime? I don't know if this lady did a good job or not...but what sane person wouldn't bail on a situation like this.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I can't say why the charges were dropped (I have a good idea) but I have a theory as to why the 647 weren't taken to jail. TDCJ was not accepting people from county/city jails at that time. The jails were at capacity. Where are you going to put the 647 lawbreakers until they bond out? And they were breaking the law.

I don't reside in Dallas any longer, thank you Lord, so I really only know what I see on the news. The DPD has been short staffed for quite a while and will likely remain so. Murder/crime rate is up and problems with pensions and lower salaries. I heard on the news today that the Dallas City Council, in their infinite wisdom, is voting to cut 7m from the DPD budget allocated for overtime. So if you are short staff to begin with where are you going to get staffing w/o overtime? I don't know if this lady did a good job or not...but what sane person wouldn't bail on a situation like this.
When a law gets broken, the very last thing one should do is release the criminals.

Temporary facilities can be made available to accommodate rather than permitting lawbreakers loose to break the law once again.

One county 100 miles from Dallas I am familiar with has a youth detention center that is unused at the present, as an example.

Riots have been occurring for months, so law enforcement budgets should be prepared to enforce with facilities like this, for the public good.

What is more important, fancy digs for criminals or keeping them off the streets to once again do harm to others?
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 11:52:52 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline berdie

When a law gets broken, the very last thing one should do is release the criminals.

Temporary facilities can be made available to accommodate rather than permitting lawbreakers loose to break the law once again.

One county 100 miles from Dallas I am familiar with has a youth detention center that is unused at the present, as an example.

Riots have been occurring for months, so law enforcement budgets should be prepared to enforce with facilities like this, for the public good.

What is more important, fancy digs for criminals or keeping them off the streets to once again do harm to others?

I'm sure you are aware that the people released were not running amok, burning, stealing and looting. They blocked the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge marching around, carrying signs and shouting "no justice, no peace". Although not a major thororfare, they did defy the law and it was illegal. I would have been truly p.o.'d if stuck in the traffic from that back up.

So they were zip tied and charged...later dropped.

As far as opening a juvenile facility that had been closed (for how long) I wonder how that would work. Staffing? Food? Transportation? Those things don't happen in an hour. Especially for these snowflakes that Mommy and Daddy are going to bail out asap. If you are talking about moving the already incarcerated, same questions. Plus, I'd have to look at the laws transferring inmates from one county to another. It can be done...at cost.

I totally agree, criminals should be incarcerated. But from what I saw/read...these idjits, had they not impeded traffic, would have never been apprehended in the first place.

Thanks for your reply @IsailedawayfromFR

Online Hoodat

TDCJ was not accepting people from county/city jails at that time. The jails were at capacity. Where are you going to put the 647 lawbreakers until they bond out?

You empty the jails by outsourcing.  Russia has plenty of empty prison space in Siberia.  All those empty gulags are going to waste right now.  They would probably charge us less than half of what it is costing now.  And after a stint in the gulag, the recidivism rate would drop to nothing.  And you now have plenty of room to incarcerate the 647 lawbreakers until they bond out.  It's a win-win-win.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I'm sure you are aware that the people released were not running amok, burning, stealing and looting. They blocked the Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge marching around, carrying signs and shouting "no justice, no peace". Although not a major thororfare, they did defy the law and it was illegal. I would have been truly p.o.'d if stuck in the traffic from that back up.

So they were zip tied and charged...later dropped.

As far as opening a juvenile facility that had been closed (for how long) I wonder how that would work. Staffing? Food? Transportation? Those things don't happen in an hour. Especially for these snowflakes that Mommy and Daddy are going to bail out asap. If you are talking about moving the already incarcerated, same questions. Plus, I'd have to look at the laws transferring inmates from one county to another. It can be done...at cost.

I totally agree, criminals should be incarcerated. But from what I saw/read...these idjits, had they not impeded traffic, would have never been apprehended in the first place.

Thanks for your reply @IsailedawayfromFR
No one should be illegally keeping people from the freedom to move on our streets.  It is criminal behavior, and in some situations can be interfering with commerce and/or emergencies.  Strike one.

And obviously they must have resisted obeying the police instructions to remove themselves from the street as they would not have been arrested.  Strike two.

Am also betting that some resisted arrest.  Possible Strike three.

To reiterate, these were not protesters.  They were lawbreakers who create harm to our community.  How would you like it if police who are busy rounding up these criminals could not respond to other more serious criminal activity?  That is why this should never be tolerated as it diverts police resources.

And you must not have read my post well.  I said that riots have been occurring for months across the country.  Plenty of time for contingency planning in monies and resources to occur.

It is no excuse to allow lawbreakers to skate for 'not enough room in the jail'.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Texas Police Chief Zip-Ties 647 Protesters – Then Charges Get Dropped And Out Of Nowhere She Resigns
By Adam Casalino|September 9, 2020

What’s Happening:

We recently brought you the story of a heroic Texas police chief who refused to let protesters block a highway.

She had all 647 of them zip-tied and arrested.

@rangerrebew

A tip of the beret to former Police Chief U. Renee Hall !

You go,gurl!

Somebody had to say it.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!