Author Topic: VID: Child Suspended From Virtual School Over Toy Gun (Daily Wire)  (Read 613 times)

Online roamer_1

VID: Child Suspended From Virtual School Over Toy Gun (Daily Wire)
« on: September 10, 2020, 12:03:37 am »
Daily Wire : Child Suspended From Virtual School Over Toy Gun 8:04 9/09/20

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Online roamer_1

Re: VID: Child Suspended From Virtual School Over Toy Gun (Daily Wire)
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2020, 12:05:04 am »
So how do teachers have a right to suspend students because they viewed a toy gun in the child's room during an online school session?

Offline DB

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2020, 12:15:50 am »
All I can say is if I were the parent I'd be on a rampage.

Enough is enough.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2020, 01:03:09 am »
All I can say is if I were the parent I'd be on a rampage.

Enough is enough.

This is SERIOUS. Online learning should be taking power AWAY from these busybodies. Instead, they extend their grip to INSIDE YOUR OWN HOME... I mean cops calling and everything. SO WHAT if my kid has toy guns in his room... It's MY HOUSE dammit. They'd flat lose their mud over what my kids had in their rooms if a toy gun gives em the willies. And even at that, it ain't NONE of their business.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2020, 05:38:57 am »
So how do teachers have a right to suspend students because they viewed a toy gun in the child's room during an online school session?
Compare and contrast: 1990, North Dakota, virtually every pickup in the parking lot had a rifle rack in the back window, and real guns in the rifle rack. This was so the students could go hunting in the limited daylight after classes concluded for the day. No one soiled themselves, least of all the faculty.

A generation later and teachers are going all incontinent over a toy, not in 'their' classroom, but in the home of a student likely miles away.

Jesus wept.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2020, 02:17:04 pm »
Compare and contrast: 1990, North Dakota, virtually every pickup in the parking lot had a rifle rack in the back window, and real guns in the rifle rack. This was so the students could go hunting in the limited daylight after classes concluded for the day. No one soiled themselves, least of all the faculty.

You also described the student parking lot of my Central California high school, albeit 2 decades earlier.

Since parents defending their families against this kind of crap from schools and social workers, it's time, I think, for parents in worst cases to go after the abusive teachers' and social workers' credentials and personal assets. Bullies understand consequences better than they understand their targets escaping relatively unharmed.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DB

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2020, 02:35:15 pm »
You also described the student parking lot of my Central California high school, albeit 2 decades earlier.

Since parents defending their families against this kind of crap from schools and social workers, it's time, I think, for parents in worst cases to go after the abusive teachers' and social workers' credentials and personal assets. Bullies understand consequences better than they understand their targets escaping relatively unharmed.

Yep, in the 70's it was common in SLO county California. No one thought a thing about it.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2020, 04:25:51 pm »
Yep, in the 70's it was common in SLO county California. No one thought a thing about it.

Well, in the fall they might've been thinking about dove and pheasant seasons, wink777  :yowsa: . Maybe even deer season. yogi555
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2020, 04:41:16 pm »
I guess I've seen it all now.

Offline verga

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2020, 05:02:06 pm »

Central NY until 1980.
Parents need to sue and the teacher needs to be fired and the administration needs to get their heads out of their @$$e$. And I am a Public high school teacher. So just to be clear. He is suspended, which means he has to stay HOME and they still have to give him virtual education. Morons, complete total Morons.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 05:03:01 pm by verga »
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2020, 07:15:36 pm »
... And I am a Public high school teacher. So just to be clear. He is suspended, which means he has to stay HOME and they still have to give him virtual education. Morons, complete total Morons.

With remote schooling, how does a suspension work then? Is his virtual education time at a separate time, away from his regular classes? Or is this just an entry in his cumulative file but he still "attends" the online classes?

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2020, 07:17:51 pm »
Parents need to sue and the teacher needs to be fired and the administration needs to get their heads out of their @$$e$. And I am a Public high school teacher. ... Morons, complete total Morons.

FWIW, I totally "get" much @#$% like this frustrates you and other good educators.

Offline verga

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2020, 07:50:18 pm »
FWIW, I totally "get" much @#$% like this frustrates you and other good educators.
I am not bragging or  complaining when I say this: we go cancelled in March. I teach $ dual enrollment College classes, and I had a gut feeling this was going to happen. Our district has a system called Canvas which allows you to prepare lessons, videos, tests, etc... for remote learning. I got a quick and dirty lesson on how to use the system from a friend of mine at the college and began to prepare lessons for the final 9 weeks for my DE kids. Once that was done I went back and filled in all of the lessons to that point, so I would have stuff ready for this year whether we went back or not. After that I spent the rest of the summer putting ALL 8 of my classes online. I like to anticipate and I did not want to hand in half finished or rushed content.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2021, 05:40:28 pm »
This is the outcome for one of the cases in the OP video:

A Year After Sending Cops To A Kid’s Home, A Colorado Springs School District Apologizes

https://www.cpr.org/2021/09/10/a-year-after-sending-cops-to-a-kids-home-a-colorado-springs-school-district-apologizes/

A year after two officers went to a Black seventh-grader’s home in Colorado Springs over a toy gun, the school district apologized to the family.

Widefield School District 3 handed the apology letter last month to the parents of 13-year-old Isaiah Elliott. CPR News obtained a copy.

It says, in part, “The District deeply regrets the impact this incident had on the Elliotts, and apologizes to Isaiah for any embarrassment or discomfort he may have experienced.”

Glock doesn't make a neon-green orange-tipped-barrel 9 mm labelled "Zombie Hunter"? Who knew?

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2021, 05:56:47 pm »
Parents, I would be tempted to put some sort of filter on the camera where it blurred the picture (glass with Vaseline smear) and did a tunnel view (some sort of tube).

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2021, 07:14:55 pm »
https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/09/us/cat-filter-lawyer-zoom-court-trnd/index.html

Maybe hang a banner behind the computer station: "What is behind this banner is none of your damn business!"

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2021, 07:47:28 pm »
https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/09/us/cat-filter-lawyer-zoom-court-trnd/index.html

Maybe hang a banner behind the computer station: "What is behind this banner is none of your damn business!"
How about an American Flag? Or is that too much of a trigger for these goons?

That kid has been in sh*t for a year over this, and there is no apology which will make that right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis