Author Topic: (Video) President Trump Delivers Remarks on Judicial Appointments & Takes Questions  (Read 264 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

President Trump Delivers Remarks on Judicial Appointments & Takes Questions
White House.gov, Sep 9, 2020

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LJhaat0iTg

Good speech on the judiciary ..,. good answers to the pack of jackals.

I like that POTUS now ends these pressers when he's said all he wants to say.   happy77

Offline RedHead

Several of his pics - Cruz, Hawley, Cotton - have publicly stated they aren't interested in the appointment.  Maybe Trump should have asked them first?

Several of his pics - Cruz, Hawley, Cotton - have publicly stated they aren't interested in the appointment.  Maybe Trump should have asked them first?

Political officeholders really can't say they'd give up their seat if something better came along. @RedHead  It's too risky to say "hey! I'd like that" when you're one of 20 on a list of possible candidates.  Actually being nominated is a whole different animal.   happy77

The list is meant to tell voters POTUS is considering bright constitutionalists who could potentially sit on the court for a generation. 

Offline RedHead

Political officeholders really can't say they'd give up their seat if something better came along. @RedHead  It's too risky to say "hey! I'd like that" when you're one of 20 on a list of possible candidates.  Actually being nominated is a whole different animal.   happy77

The list is meant to tell voters POTUS is considering bright constitutionalists who could potentially sit on the court for a generation.

The list was thrown together without a lot of thought.  There are plenty of names left on Trump's original list that would make good Supreme Court justices.  He should have stuck with that.

Besides, Cruz and Hawley and Cotton are not interested in being on the Supreme Court.  They all want to be president.

The list was thrown together without a lot of thought.  There are plenty of names left on Trump's original list that would make good Supreme Court justices.  He should have stuck with that.

Besides, Cruz and Hawley and Cotton are not interested in being on the Supreme Court.  They all want to be president.

Would you provide a link for the assertion the list was "thrown together without a lot of thought"?  I'd like to see the source (thanks).

To your other point everyone in the Senate wants to be President, 1/2 think they already are.  :laugh: 

A real chance for a permanent seat on the SC would be a "come to Jesus" moment for each senator about national political viability.  All I'm saying is each would have a serious decision to make if the time ever comes.

@RedHead