Author Topic: Why did Washington Post sit on Bob Woodward's Trump recordings?  (Read 358 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why did Washington Post sit on Bob Woodward's Trump recordings?
« on: September 09, 2020, 08:19:29 pm »
Why did Washington Post sit on Bob Woodward's Trump recordings?
'This should’ve been reported to the American people when he said it,' Amber Athey said

By Brian Flood | Fox News

A new book by legendary reporter Bob Woodward set social media ablaze on Wednesday when the Washington Post published audio of President Trump used by the author, with many wondering why the “Democracy Dies in Darkness" paper sat on the recordings for so long.

The upcoming book, “Rage,” was written after Trump spoke to Woodward – who is an associate editor for the Washington Post -- for 18 on-the-record interviews between December 2019 and July 2020. The Post reported Wednesday on passages from the book, including Woodward's discussions with the president.

“To be honest with you, I wanted to always play it down,” Trump told Woodward about the coronavirus on March 19, referring to a desire not to cause panic among the American people. In an earlier conversation in February, Trump told Woodward coronavirus was "deadly."

While many were quick to slam Trump, others questioned why the Washington Post and Woodward sat on the information for over six months. The Post’s motto is “Democracy Dies in Darkness,” but the paper’s famed editor apparently shelved key information until the week before Woodward’s book is set to hit stores.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/woodward-book-trump-recordings

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline RedHead

Re: Why did Washington Post sit on Bob Woodward's Trump recordings?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2020, 12:04:13 pm »
Why did they sit on them?  Fifty-five days till the election.  That's why.

Offline HuskyPatriot

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2020, 02:15:04 pm »

Yes, publishing is all about timing and money.  This title will probably shoot up the top non-fiction sale list by next week.  Right now "Melania and Me" is #1 on the hit parade. (Pun intended.)  Mary Trump's book has dropped to #5.   (Source: https://www.nytimes.com/books/best-sellers/hardcover-nonfiction/)

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2020, 02:22:07 pm »

They probably wanted to keep all of this stuff until the last half of October but Trump was gaining momentum.

Online corbe

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2020, 02:30:43 pm »
   It was incredibly stupid for Trump to grant the interviews in the first place, Woodward has always been a Hostile.  On the bright side at least Mulvaney talked him out of going on 'the view'.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2020, 02:37:42 pm »
   It was incredibly stupid for Trump to grant the interviews in the first place, Woodward has always been a Hostile.  On the bright side at least Mulvaney talked him out of going on 'the view'.

At least Trump gives interviews and takes tough questions,  the other guy,  not so much.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2020, 02:40:13 pm »
Charlie Spiering 10 Sep 2020

President Donald Trump on Thursday continued responding to material in author Bob Woodward’s new book Rage.

The president challenged the narrative set by Woodward, that Trump not only downplayed the serious nature of the coronavirus in the early stages of the infection, but lied to the American people about it.

“Bob Woodward had my quotes for many months,” Trump wrote on Twitter. “If he thought they were so bad or dangerous, why didn’t he immediately report them in an effort to save lives? Didn’t he have an obligation to do so? No, because he knew they were good and proper answers. Calm, no panic!”

Profile photo, opens profile page on Twitter in a new tab
Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
Bob Woodward had my quotes for many months. If he thought they were so bad or dangerous, why didn’t he immediately report them in an effort to save lives? Didn’t he have an obligation to do so? No, because he knew they were good and proper answers. Calm, no panic!
8:02 AM · Sep 10, 2020

more
https://www.breitbart.com/2020-election/2020/09/10/donald-trump-why-did-bob-woodward-not-come-forward-sooner/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idiot

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2020, 02:49:12 pm »
Charlie Spiering 10 Sep 2020

President Donald Trump on Thursday continued responding to material in author Bob Woodward’s new book Rage.

The president challenged the narrative set by Woodward, that Trump not only downplayed the serious nature of the coronavirus in the early stages of the infection, but lied to the American people about it.

“Bob Woodward had my quotes for many months,” Trump wrote on Twitter. “If he thought they were so bad or dangerous, why didn’t he immediately report them in an effort to save lives? Didn’t he have an obligation to do so? No, because he knew they were good and proper answers. Calm, no panic!”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/2020-election/2020/09/10/donald-trump-why-did-bob-woodward-not-come-forward-sooner/
This finally does it...I'm voting for Biden now!  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline HuskyPatriot

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2020, 02:52:13 pm »
Yup.  Mr. Trump is known to go rogue, that's one of the reasons folks luv him.  No "handlers" and scripts for him!  But I agree that the Woodward chat was a misstep. I read that the President is not doing any "mock debates" before the debates with Biden begin and just meeting with staff on a variety of subjects.  I hope that goes well for him since he can go off on a tangent.  But then, Biden might be gasping for air again. I mean our guy is practically an Olympic athlete compared with the ex-VP!   

Online corbe

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2020, 02:52:45 pm »
Lindsey Graham admits he urged Trump to interview with Bob Woodward

by Madison Dibble, Breaking News Reporter |   | September 10, 2020 08:13 AM

South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham admitted he urged President Trump to speak with journalist Bob Woodward for his new book, Rage.

Graham, a Republican who is up for reelection this year, explained to the Daily Beast that he encouraged Trump to talk to the Watergate sleuth because it would give him a chance to tell his side of the story, unlike with the last book Woodward wrote, 2018's Fear.

"The last book Woodward wrote, Trump said he didn't know that he had wanted to be interviewed. So I said, well, the guy is a well-known presidential author. And, you know, you got a chance to tell your side of the story. The president agreed, and there you go," Graham said.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/lindsey-graham-admits-he-urged-trump-to-interview-with-bob-woodward
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2020, 02:53:30 pm »
Yup.  Mr. Trump is known to go rogue, that's one of the reasons folks luv him.  No "handlers" and scripts for him!  But I agree that the Woodward chat was a misstep. I read that the President is not doing any "mock debates" before the debates with Biden begin and just meeting with staff on a variety of subjects.  I hope that goes well for him since he can go off on a tangent.  But then, Biden might be gasping for air again. I mean our guy is practically an Olympic athlete compared with the ex-VP!
There will be no debate.  They can't afford for Biden to speak in public.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2020, 02:59:07 pm »
Lindsey Graham admits he urged Trump to interview with Bob Woodward

by Madison Dibble, Breaking News Reporter |   | September 10, 2020 08:13 AM

South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham admitted he urged President Trump to speak with journalist Bob Woodward for his new book, Rage.

Graham, a Republican who is up for reelection this year, explained to the Daily Beast that he encouraged Trump to talk to the Watergate sleuth because it would give him a chance to tell his side of the story, unlike with the last book Woodward wrote, 2018's Fear.

"The last book Woodward wrote, Trump said he didn't know that he had wanted to be interviewed. So I said, well, the guy is a well-known presidential author. And, you know, you got a chance to tell your side of the story. The president agreed, and there you go," Graham said.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/lindsey-graham-admits-he-urged-trump-to-interview-with-bob-woodward

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2020, 03:20:24 pm »
This finally does it...I'm voting for Biden now!  *****rollingeyes*****
:silly:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2020, 04:02:09 pm »

Long Time, No See, @RedHead!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: