Author Topic: ABSOLUTELY BRUTAL  (Read 1742 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: ABSOLUTELY BRUTAL
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2020, 04:24:36 pm »
They already have thought of that. The guy who hit Kyle Rittenhouse used the edge of his skateboard to hit his neck and coming back for seconds when he grabbed at the rifle and (likely) pulled on the barrel, not realizing as Kyle tightened his grip to retain the weapon the trigger would likely be pulled. Fatal error, and the skateboard guy may have shot himself by pulling on the rifle.

@Smokin Joe

It's impossible to tell in situations like that. I seriously doubt either one of them know for sure what caused the shot to be fired.

Other than the obvious fact that a left-wing fool did an unprovoked attack on a man armed with a rifle,that is.

If it had been me it would have been obvious. He would have taken a head shot when he got within 20 feet of me.

If I am trying to get away from you,do yourself a favor and let me leave. If you don't,anything bad that happens to you is on YOU,not me. *I* TRIED to leave.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2020, 05:04:56 pm »
Attempting to disarm someone by grabbing the gun by the muzzle is self-rectifying behavior.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline verga

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2020, 05:53:16 pm »
Attempting to disarm someone by grabbing the gun by the muzzle is self-rectifying behavior.
Someone needs to tell these soyboys that real life is not the movies or Television. Knew  martial artist that was convinced he could disarm a gun.
I had a "blank" pistol. He died about 6 times.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2020, 06:37:14 pm »
Someone needs to tell these soyboys that real life is not the movies or Television. Knew  martial artist that was convinced he could disarm a gun.
I had a "blank" pistol. He died about 6 times.

That 21' knife thing is a pipe dream too.

Offline verga

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2020, 12:55:29 am »
That 21' knife thing is a pipe dream too.
That is the FBI's rule of thumb
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2020, 02:30:31 am »
That is the FBI's rule of thumb

Yeah, maybe if the knife-fighter is a friggin spec ops ninja.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2020, 02:39:22 am »
Yeah, maybe if the knife-fighter is a friggin spec ops ninja.
Hey! It doesn't matter how proficient they are or aren't.
If the FBI says you need 21 ft of space and inside that they're a threat, who am I to argue?
If your draw doesn't go smoothly (Murphy), you might need every inch of that.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2020, 02:52:43 am »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2020, 02:54:37 am »
Hey! It doesn't matter how proficient they are or aren't.

Well, yeah, it kinda does... Most knife fighters don't know what the heck they're doing. And I can tell in the first presentation. And if he is rushing in with a knife, it is likely he doesn't know what he is doing.

If the FBI says you need 21 ft of space and inside that they're a threat, who am I to argue?
If your draw doesn't go smoothly (Murphy), you might need every inch of that.

Or it could be the other way around and he's a new John Wesley Hardin or Cullen Baker.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2020, 03:25:53 am »
https://www.policemag.com/341203/revisiting-the-21-foot-rule

So yes, no, kinda, maybe. I am alright with that.

Though the conclusion is wrong... It states it may be justified, which implies it may not. If he has a knife, shoot him. They use an absurd example of a 150 foot shot with a carbine... Well, alright. But if he is 30 feet instead of 21, or even further, justification should ought to be assumed.

Offline verga

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2020, 04:09:09 pm »
Well, yeah, it kinda does... Most knife fighters don't know what the heck they're doing. And I can tell in the first presentation. And if he is rushing in with a knife, it is likely he doesn't know what he is doing.

Or it could be the other way around and he's a new John Wesley Hardin or Cullen Baker.
@roamer_1 @DB @Smokin Joe Years ago I trained with a Filipino Martial Artist by the Name of Billy Bryant. We made a video of him demonstrating a technique. He was literally aboe to skin someone arm is less than 5 seconds. If you have a bladed weapon, I want you as far away as possible.

Offline verga

Online roamer_1

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2020, 05:15:20 pm »
@roamer_1 @DB @Smokin Joe Years ago I trained with a Filipino Martial Artist by the Name of Billy Bryant. We made a video of him demonstrating a technique. He was literally aboe to skin someone arm is less than 5 seconds. If you have a bladed weapon, I want you as far away as possible.

That's right... But that's up close. Knife is about close contact. A little more than arm's length. It's chess.

The only guys I would worry about rushing in with a knife would be holding it military style with the blade back along the forearm. If he has that 'Viet Nam' thing in his eye, and holding that way, I prolly have trouble...  He's gonna be not only a soldier, but a forward scout of some kind, used to hand to hand.

The only other guy that would matter from that distance is a hillbilly pulling an Arkansas toothpick from behind his neck. But he ain't coming in ... He's throwing from right there. And he ain't going to miss...