Author Topic: Trump said he didn't have responsibility to understand pain of Black Americans: 'No, I don't feel th  (Read 200 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump said he didn't have responsibility to understand pain of Black Americans: 'No, I don't feel that at all'
By Aris Folley - 09/09/20 01:59 PM EDT

President Trump said he doesn’t feel a responsibility “at all” to try have a better understanding of the pain Black Americans feel, according to a new book by Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Bob Woodward.

His comment came during an interview he had with Woodward on June 19, just weeks after the police killing of George Floyd, an unarmed Black man whose death at the hands of Minneapolis police in late May sparked months of widespread protests against police brutality and systemic racism.

In the discussion, which is one of nearly 20 interviews between Woodward and Trump that are referenced in the journalist’s book "Rage," according to The Washington Post, Woodward presses the president about race.
ADVERTISEMENT

At one point, the journalist — after pointing out a number of similarities Trump and he share, like race and age —  suggests to the president that they have a duty to try have a better understanding of the “the anger and pain” Black Americans feel.

In response, Trump reportedly says, “No. … You really drank the Kool-Aid, didn’t you? Just listen to you. Wow. No, I don’t feel that at all.”

Woodward presses Trump further about the topic, but, in response, Trump reportedly refers to how well the economy has fared for Black Americans under his administration. He also reportedly again reiterated his long-repeated claim of doing more for the Black community than almost any president in history.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/515682-trump-said-he-didnt-have-responsibility-to-understand-pain-of-black
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34