Author Topic: Dr. Anthony Fauci Defends Trump on Coronavirus: ‘I Don’t Think He Ever Distorted Things’  (Read 808 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joel B. Pollak 9 Sep 2020

Dr. Anthony Fauci defended President Donald Trump from claims Wednesday that he lied about the coronavirus, telling Fox News: “I don’t recall anything that was any gross distortion in things that I spoke to him about.”

On Wednesday, it was revealed that Trump told journalist Bob Woodward that he had downplayed the threat of the coronavirus pandemic to prevent the public from panicking.

Trump spoke to Woodward several times, as the latter researched his latest book about the administration, Rage.

The Washington Post went further, saying that Trump had been “intentionally misleading” Americans.

Trump’s rival, former Vice President Joe Biden, made a similar argument on the campaign trail in Michigan on Thursday, telling members of the United Auto Workers that Trump had “lied” about the coronavirus pandemic, calling Trump’s admission “a life and death betrayal of the American people.”

But Fauci, who is the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told Fox News later: “I don’t think [Trump] ever distorted things that I spoke to him about.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/health/2020/09/09/anthony-fauci-woodward-trump-coronavirus/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mr President..Woodward is NOT your friend and you should have NEVER granted an interview, much less have it recorded... 9999hair out0000
Support the USO

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Trump privately called coronavirus 'deadly' while comparing it to flu publicly: Woodward book
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/515650-trump-privately-called-coronavirus-deadly-while-comparing-it-to-flu

He also told Woodward he didn't want to start a panic.  This was in March.  At the time I think he was trying, rightfully,  to keep the country open or shut it down for weeks not months.   

« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 07:58:02 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WOW...the press is all over this with the Presser going on...*how can we ever trust you again to tell us the truth*...
Support the USO

WOW...the press is all over this with the Presser going on...*how can we ever trust you again to tell us the truth*...

I love how you say "WOW" like this is something new.   :laugh:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Washington Examiner
@dcexaminer
 Â· Mar 30
"I wanna keep the country calm. I don't want panic in the country. I could cause panic much better than even you.

It would make you look like a minor league player."

@realDonaldTrump clashes with @Acosta after being accused of "downplaying the crisis for months."
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mika Brzezinski
@morningmika
·
2h
Trump lied and people died.
Support the USO

Mark R. Levin
@marklevinshow

Now comes Woodward. What’s this, the 5th or 6th book in recent weeks pushed by Drudge and the media and intended to elect Biden and smear Trump?  And where are all the books exposing Biden?  I’ll discuss this on my radio show this evening.

1:57 PM · Sep 9, 2020·Twitter for Android

Offline skeeter

Mika Brzezinski
@morningmika
·
2h
Trump lied and people died.

How creative. Mika is a wit, isn't she.

Mark R. Levin
@marklevinshow

1. We all knew the media would try to win this election for Biden.  And the daily drumbeat of media-generated attacks on Trump prove it.  Book after book.  Crazy anonymous allegations. None of this is news.

2. But they chew up the news cycle. These are pseudo events that are used to manufacture controversies and distract the public from substantive issues related to Biden.

3:15 PM · Sep 9, 2020·Twitter for Android

https://twitter.com/marklevinshow/status/1303773999768403969

Mark R. Levin
@marklevinshow

1. Woodward’s book had fallen to #9 on amazon. So he and his publisher gave cherry picked parts to the Washington Post and Drudge to hype, knowing the rest of the media would follow.  And he’s set for a slobbering interview on 60 Minutes.

2. This is how it works.  Manipulating news and news cycle.  Attacking Trump.  Helping Biden. The Unfree Press.

3:50 PM · Sep 9, 2020·Twitter for Android

https://twitter.com/marklevinshow/status/1303782759308111872

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Profile photo, opens profile page on Twitter in a new tab
Ilhan Omar
@IlhanMN
US House candidate, MN-5
All I can think about is my father and the nearly 200,000 other people who lost their lives to COVID-19 as a result of this president’s gross negligence and lies.

Trump had the power to save lives and went out of his way not to.
Support the USO

I liked how the President answered the last question asked .... he went over what the administration had done during the first three months of the year .... and then said he fought hard not to panic the nation, that nothing would be gained from that.  "It's call leadership."  --- "Thank you very much everybody.  I'm sure we'll talk again later"

They come after this man from every fu*^king avenue:

Profile photo, opens profile page on Twitter in a new tab
Ilhan Omar
@IlhanMN
US House candidate, MN-5
All I can think about is my father and the nearly 200,000 other people who lost their lives to COVID-19 as a result of this president’s gross negligence and lies.

Trump had the power to save lives and went out of his way not to.

Why post these lies?

Offline rustynail

How long till Fauci modifies (walks back) his statement?

Offline DB

Once this leaked out of a Chinese lab and out of China people were going to die no matter what anyone did.

The only thing that could be done is manage the rate of spread to keep hospitals from going into triage mode and expanding the resources available to those hospitals so they could handle more people.

Testing and the rest didn't really matter that much. The cat was well out of the bag.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
How creative. Mika is a wit, isn't she.

"Wit" and "Twit" are often confused by people like Mika trying to hard to be the 1st.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Quite gentlemanly of Dr. Fauci to say this...

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
He also told Woodward he didn't want to start a panic.  This was in March.  At the time I think he was trying, rightfully,  to keep the country open or shut it down for weeks not months.
As accounts accumulate of inflated deaths, of tests which yield false positives, of attributions of death to COVID which likely should have been attributed to the underlying condition(s) which may have been fatal, it looks like downplaying the disease, was indeed the correct course--especially considering the early projections of two million dead.

Only a small fraction of ICU beds here are taken up with COVID-19 patients, and there is a significant surplus of beds (about 50%), yet we have more active cases than ever. More beds were provided elsewhere, but the shortages defined by the projections of two million dead didn't happen, and the facilities went largely unused.

We have had plenty of insanity, from toilet paper shortages to not being able to get laundry products, all over the disease, as the panic mongers of the MSM have flogged this horse to ribbons.

Of course, without that mass panic and widespread civil unrest, the Democrats had to muster their own little army of Bolsheviks to get out and do the looting and destruction patriotic and decent Americans would not.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Quite gentlemanly of Dr. Fauci to say this...
Me thinks Fauci has put finger to the wind and figured which way the election was going to go.

Offline berdie

Well, I sure see why the media and the Dems are all wadded up. No president IN HISTORY has minimized anything to minimize panic. /s

Had Trump or the powers that be came out and said this is bad, very bad and we don't know squat...there wouldn't have been enough toilet paper in the world to clean that mess up. Oh, wait...we couldn't find tp to buy. What a mess! *bouche*