Author Topic: N.Y. Will Transfer Homeless Males From Liberal Neighborhood After Backlash  (Read 432 times)

rangerrebew

N.Y. Will Transfer Homeless Males From Liberal Neighborhood After Backlash

September 9, 2020
Updated: 10 hours ago

Practically 300 homeless males who had been briefly residing in a resort on the Higher West Facet of Manhattan might be relocated after weeks of backlash from some residents who stated the boys had diminished the standard of life within the upscale neighborhood.

Town had moved the boys into the resort, the Lucerne, in July as a part of an effort to curb the unfold of the coronavirus in New York’s dormitory-style homeless shelters. Over all, hundreds of homeless women and men have been positioned in resorts across the metropolis.

But the decision was met with particular blowback on the Upper West Side, turning into a take a look at of values for a largely white neighborhood with a fame as one of the liberal enclaves in New York and elsewhere within the nation.

https://www.carihargaterupdate.com/opinion/n-y-will-move-homeless-men-from-liberal-neighborhood-after-backlash

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: N.Y. Will Transfer Homeless Males From Liberal Neighborhood After Backlash
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2020, 11:54:56 pm »
Of course they will.

"Do what I say, not what I do" is the motto of libs/
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 08:31:20 am »
N.I.M.B.Y.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 10:35:43 am »
N.I.M.B.Y.

Of course, NIMBY. Watch. They’ll go to Staten Island or Jersey.   :shrug:

@Smokin Joe
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 05:07:54 pm »
Rules are for "little people that need direction",not them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline GrouchoTex

rangerrebew

New York City needs more neighborhoods in revolt against City Hall
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2020, 01:56:37 pm »
 New York City needs more neighborhoods in revolt against City Hall

By Nicole Gelinas

September 13, 2020 | 7:44pm

A strange thing happened last week: In response to a community concern (amplified by Post reporting), Mayor de Blasio . . . acted. No, he didn’t solve the problem, but he didn’t ignore it, either. It’s a glimmer of hope for New York: grassroots groups can get results.

In July, the Upper West Side got a shock. With no warning, the city dumped 283 men in the Hotel Lucerne on Amsterdam. These men aren’t just down on their luck: They suffer from mental illnesses and addictions. With street traffic already down significantly, the warehousing of vulnerable men with no daytime supervision became a tipping point. Pedestrians had to fear random attack. Kids saw addicts shooting up. Witnesses filmed paid sex acts in the streets — incidents that, considering the incapacitated condition of the so-called sex workers, appear to be assault.

https://nypost.com/2020/09/13/new-york-city-needs-more-neighborhoods-in-revolt-against-city-hall/