Author Topic: Dan Rather on Atlantic’s Trump Story: ‘Whether He Said It or Not, It Is Believable to a Lot of Peopl  (Read 769 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dan Rather on Atlantic’s Trump Story: ‘Whether He Said It or Not, It Is Believable to a Lot of People’
Joel B. Pollak 8 Sep 2020

Former CBS News anchor Dan Rather, who left the network for airing a false story about George W. Bush’s military service during the 2004 election, doubled down Tuesday on his support for a story in The Atlantic claiming President Donald Trump disparaged the troops.

The Atlantic cited four anonymous sources who claimed that Trump called American soldiers who died in World War I “losers” and “suckers” in 2018, and also claimed he skipped a visit to a military cemetery because he did not want to get his hair wet in the rain.

The claims have been disputed, on the record, by well over a dozen sources, including former National Security Advisor John Bolton, who has become a strident critic of the president. On Sunday, the U.S. Ambassador to France and former Deputy White House Chief of Staff Zach Fuentes both denied the story was true.

Rather, hosting a show on “Radio Andy” on Sirius XM 102, devoted a segment to the Atlantic story, asking callers to react to the story. He asked several whether they believed the allegations were true.

Rather and several callers said that while they could not know for certain, they believed the article’s allegations because of other things the president had said.

“Whether he said it or not, it is believable,” Rather said.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2020/09/08/dan-rather-on-atlantics-trump-story-whether-he-said-it-or-not-it-is-believable-people/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

In the famous words of agent Maxwell Smart, “Would you believe...Trump greased the wheelchair ramp at the VA hospital?”

Offline dfwgator

And why is it believable?

Because of all the other BS the media has put out there about Trump over the years,  this is just the latest example.

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline aligncare

And why is it believable?

Because of all the other BS the media has put out there about Trump over the years,  this is just the latest example.

They spread lies all over the media, then they’re shocked when they read the lies they spread all over the media!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 06:52:48 pm by aligncare »

Offline aligncare

Is Dan Rather really a Texan? I assume it washes out after years of anchoring at CBS and living in New York.

Offline dfwgator

Is Dan Rather really a Texan? I assume it washes out after years of anchoring at CBS and living in New York.

Mayor Daley's boys didn't beat him up enough in 1968.

Offline HuskyPatriot

Well, he went after Sen. McCain about his military service and everyone is running with it in different directions now!!!  In the heat of battle, folks go for what they want to believe....  This is going to be real messy folks!!!!!

Offline dfwgator

Ditto for Cronkite.

Offline libertybele

Well, he went after Sen. McCain about his military service and everyone is running with it in different directions now!!!  In the heat of battle, folks go for what they want to believe....  This is going to be real messy folks!!!!!

The truth about McCain's military service has come to light over the years and certainly his record as a GOP Senator is pathetic. You can bet your sweet petunias that he'd be cheering for Biden; he was despicable.

It's been messy since the left refused from day one to help with a peaceful transition to the Trump administration. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Noticing this refrain more and more on various outlets.
The story is becoming that it doesn't matter if it is true or not.
Whether it is true or not Trump should apologize to the troops anyway.
The Leftist line seems to be, even if it is NOT true ... it should be!
They are getting caught in another Dan Rather type made-up lie.
So now they are crying outloud, 'We don't care if it is true or not. We are going to report it forever anyway.'
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline dfwgator

The truth about McCain's military service has come to light over the years and certainly his record as a GOP Senator is pathetic. You can bet your sweet petunias that he'd be cheering for Biden; he was despicable.

It's been messy since the left refused from day one to help with a peaceful transition to the Trump administration.

Trump brought out a lot of inconvenient facts about our former GOP "heroes".

Offline dfwgator

So now they are crying outloud, 'We don't care if it is true or not. We are going to report it forever anyway.'

Because they keep getting away with it.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Dan Blather and that Mapes reptile were beaten at their game by truth-seeking amateurs.  They still can't believe they were taken down by several interweb Sherlock's!

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline berdie

I'm not sure that having Dan Rather come out and say this is a winning strategy, lol. Sorta like Oprah lecturing about white privilege imho.

Offline PeteS in CA

Dan Blather and that Mapes reptile were beaten at their game by truth-seeking amateurs.  They still can't believe they were taken down by several interweb Sherlock's!

Dan Blather was the worst person - from The Atlantic's POV - to apply the false-but-true narrative to this, :silly: ! Mary Mapes being the second worse only because she is less well known.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Yeah.  Buckhead.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Dan Blather was the worst person - from The Atlantic's POV - to apply the false-but-true narrative to this, :silly: ! Mary Mapes being the second worse only because she is less well known.

It's like Al Capone swearing on his mother's grave that John Dillinger is telling the truth.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

I'm not sure that having Dan Rather come out and say this is a winning strategy, lol. Sorta like Oprah lecturing about white privilege imho.

888high58888  Dan Rather lost all credibility a long time ago.  I could care less what he has to say and for that matter I could care less what Oprah has to say.  Neither are worth taking a second to listen to.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

Mayor Daley's boys didn't beat him up enough in 1968.
He never understood the frequency.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

Kennith?
I’d pegged Dan as an idiot’s dream, tunnel vision from the outsiders screen.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

@aligncare

To the everlasting shame of those of us who live here, Cap'n Dan the "news" man is a graduate of Sam Houston State University (Teacher's College at the time he went there) in Huntsville, Texas and there is a building on campus now that bears his name.  He got noticed for his coverage of hurricane Carla in 1961 when he worked for KHOU in Houston and went on to become Concite's butt boy!  Oops! I mean understudy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dan_Rather
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 12:49:19 am by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline HuskyPatriot

The First Rathergate

More of Rather's "journalistic" handiwork.

Dan Rather, Fake Newsman

Wow; interesting!! What a mess of unethical journalism. Thanks for sharing!