Author Topic: Will Courts Pick the Next President?  (Read 219 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Will Courts Pick the Next President?
« on: September 08, 2020, 05:11:30 pm »
https://www.wsj.com/articles/will-courts-pick-the-next-president-11599518640

Will Courts Pick the Next President?
If the election is close, the fallout could make Bush v. Gore look like an ice-cream social.
By  The Editorial Board
Sept. 7, 2020

Georgia’s voting deadline is unambiguous: Absentee ballots are due when the polls close on Election Day. Late arrivals are meant to be set aside, stored, and eventually destroyed without being opened. That’s what state law says, and the way to protect democratic legitimacy in an anxious age is to run elections by the book.

But in the Twilight Zone of 2020, everything is apparently up for grabs. Last Monday a federal judge issued a preliminary injunction that orders Georgia officials to count all ballots postmarked by Election Day, even if they don’t show up until three days later. The suit was filed by the New Georgia Project, a group founded by Democrat Stacey Abrams. The judge expressed a reluctance to “interfere with Georgia’s statutory election machinery,” but she concluded that “the risk of disenfranchisement is great.”

Similar litigation is taking place across the country. Pennsylvania’s Supreme Court last Tuesday accepted a lawsuit filed by the state Democratic Party, and officials suggested last month in a separate case that ballots be counted if they arrive by Nov. 6, even if the postmark is missing or illegible. In Ohio, the League of Women Voters is challenging the process for verifying signatures. Minnesota has waived its rule that absentee ballots must be signed by a witness, and the state Supreme Court is weighing an appeal of that suspension, brought by President Trump’s campaign.

If the presidential election is decided by a whisker, with Donald Trump or Joe Biden leading by some thousands of votes in a few states, a court ruling could prove decisive. The pivotal jurisdictions will be flooded with Republican and Democratic lawyers, and the resulting chaos could resemble the 2000 Florida recount, with smudged postmarks as the new hanging chads.

More at URL above...
(subscription required for full article at WSJ)
Note:
You can real the full article here:
https://archive.is/5Z5wh
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 05:14:30 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Will Courts Pick the Next President?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2020, 05:24:26 pm »
If states tighten ballot deadlines now and prepare to process mail votes before Election Day, it would cut the risk of an outcome that causes half the country to claim it’s illegitimate.

The word "tighten" isn't in Legislators' vocabulary.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline HuskyPatriot

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2020, 07:03:42 pm »
I don't think that we'll wake up the day after with a clear winner unless it's a landslide, but nothing is instant with this one. I would think that the media (of whatever strip) can't declare a winner until all the mail-in ballots are counted...   I loved what the President said at the podium recently, a breezy comment like, "it will never end, it'll go on and on..."   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 07:30:50 pm »
I don't think that we'll wake up the day after with a clear winner unless it's a landslide, but nothing is instant with this one. I would think that the media (of whatever strip) can't declare a winner until all the mail-in ballots are counted...   I loved what the President said at the podium recently, a breezy comment like, "it will never end, it'll go on and on..."   *****rollingeyes*****

DEMS are mailing in ballots in record numbers.  The biggest concern is fraud and hopefully the RNC has made provisions and put systems in place to do some damage control. 

Don't see a landslide happening on either side. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2020, 07:51:33 pm »
                              If SO

This guy will continue to Disappoint.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online berdie

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2020, 08:15:32 pm »
I sure hope not for multitudes of reasons. All the obvious political and civil unrest.

I really don't want 24/7 coverage of hanging chads, pregnant chads, chads, chads, chads.

Besides all that I really want to see the talking heads faces when they play "You Lose Again". I really like comedies.