Author Topic: Desperately Derailing Donald  (Read 340 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Desperately Derailing Donald
« on: September 07, 2020, 01:25:21 pm »
Desperately Derailing Donald
The effort to stop President Trump is growing comical.
American Greatness, Sep 6, 2020, Victor Davis Hanson

[...]

We should expect lots of these “bombshells” and “walls are closing in” pseudo derailments. Except Trump has been the most widely investigated, probed, attacked, and smeared president in history. And so the scandal-field has pretty well been picked over, as those fired like Omarosa Manigault Newman, Anthony Scaramucci, John Bolton, and others have long ago more or less lectured us that Trump is nuts, crazy, dangerous, stupid, ignorant, and so forth.

In terms of bombshells, what does the Left do after the 2016 suit to decertify voting machines, the FISA court abuse, the effort to sabotage electors’ votes, the first impeachment drive, the Logan Act gambits, the Emoluments Clause joke, the 25th Amendment ruse, the Russian collusion hoax, the 22-month-asleep-at-the-wheel Mueller and his “all-stars,” Ukraine! Ukraine!, the second impeachment drive, and the 2020 trifecta of Trump as Typhoid Mary, Bull Connor, and Herbert Hoover?

The point is, in Jussie Smollett fashion, the demand for scandals is outrunning the supply and time grows short.

It’s no wonder that one of Joe Biden’s largest campaign contributors, billionaire Laurene Jobs of the Apple fortune, who owns most of The Atlantic, had the former Obama Administration megaphone Jeffrey Goldberg exhume a two-year-old and long-ago-refuted charge that President Trump did not wish to visit a U.S. military cemetery in France because he variously was afraid of the rain, that he would get his hair wet, and that he did not wish to celebrate “losers” and “suckers.” All this was from a left-wing media that not long ago damned a “militaristic” Trump for being infatuated with generals, and putting far too many in his White House, while needlessly spending billions on manpower and equipment to repair a military hollowed out by the Obama Administration.

The resuscitated scandal hit-piece was primed for all the left-wing cable news shows and supposedly would dominate the otherwise quiet Labor Day weekend news.

More:  https://amgreatness.com/2020/09/06/desperately-derailing-donald/

Re: Desperately Derailing Donald
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2020, 01:30:46 pm »
FTA:

Three, the issues of May and June have evaporated and now bleed Biden more than they do Trump. The virus itself slowly wanes. Better treatment ameliorates its effects. And the vaccine looms larger. The lockdown was more or less discredited by the exemption given thousands of violent protesters and the issue is now recalibrated as keeping 50 million children out of school. The economy did not go into depression but seems to be climbing out of recession. And George Floyd’s death increasingly has nothing to do with nightly looting and arson, as the rioters turn unapologetically Marxist, nihilist—and increasingly venomously racist.

Given all that, and given the dearth of fresh scandal material, expect more ossified scandals, Kindergarten interviews, improving favorability ratings for the president, and desperate efforts to prove COVID-19 is resurging, quarantines must be extended, rioting and burning are acts of love, and we are in a Great Depression. And the more this does not work, the more vehemently it will be repeated.

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2020, 01:38:26 pm »
Mr. Hanson gives his take on not only the latest and desperate smear against the President, but also:

"The Summer of Love"
"Biden Unbound"
"Sure Thing Polls?"
"60 Days of More Scripts"

IMHO, reading this essay is time well spent.   happy77

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2020, 01:41:44 pm »
FTA:

It may be the rats' Covid strategy ends up not only aliening them from the entire nation, but handing Trump the October surprise to end all if it so happens a vaccine is successfully tested by then.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 01:43:07 pm by skeeter »

Offline Absalom

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2020, 05:49:45 pm »
Hmm............American Greatness huh??? ; a laundry list of 3 dozen zeroes who can barely spell.
Hanson, a respected commentator must be either bored out of his mind or desperate for a job, to be scribbling for this idiotic rag!!!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2020, 06:30:27 pm »
Hmm............American Greatness huh??? ; a laundry list of 3 dozen zeroes who can barely spell.
Hanson, a respected commentator must be either bored out of his mind or desperate for a job, to be scribbling for this idiotic rag!!!

:yowsa: One wonders why someone like yourself - SO far above us mere mortals - wastes his time scribbling on this site.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2020, 06:52:29 pm »
:yowsa: One wonders why someone like yourself - SO far above us mere mortals - wastes his time scribbling on this site.

I get flack when I suggest I can fix that.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2020, 07:03:16 pm »
I get flack when I suggest I can fix that.   :shrug:

Not from me you don't!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2020, 07:14:24 pm »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Absalom

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2020, 08:35:45 pm »
----------------------
Er.......................I was referring to American (self-labeled) Greatness!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2020, 09:29:25 pm »
https://amgreatness.com/

Looks like a site worth checking out.

two reasons:

VDH is published there

@Absalom derides it without stating reasons, other than his own TDS

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln