Author Topic: Atlantic editor: Reporting on Trump comments about fallen service members has only just begun  (Read 2647 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Atlantic editor: Reporting on Trump comments about fallen service members has only just begun
By Rebecca Klar - 09/06/20 01:07 PM EDT

The Atlantic's editor-in-chief said Sunday that  reporting about President Trump’s comments denigrating fallen U.S. service members has only just begun.

"I would fully expect more reporting to come out about this and more confirmation and new pieces of information in the coming days and weeks," Jeffrey Goldberg said on CNN's "Reliable Sources.”

"We have a responsibility and we're going to do it regardless of what he says,” Goldberg added.

Trump last strongly denied the report in The Atlantic, which centered on his canceled trip to the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery near Paris in 2018.

The magazine reported Trump canceled the trip because he worried his hair would be disheveled by the rain.

He also reportedly asked senior staff during a meeting before the planned visit: “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/515316-atlantic-editor-says-trump-story-calling-service-members-losers-has-only-just
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 05:31:13 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Idiot

Seriously...who gives a crap....

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Atlantic’s Goldberg: ‘We Are Not Going to Be Intimidated by the President’

Goldberg said, “I spent a lot of my career covering dictatorships in the Middle East, and so I’m familiar with this kind of discourse. It is a threat. It is meant to intimidate. I would only say we are neither failing or radical left. I would also say, I’m not speaking for the ownership or the management of the company. I would say that we have excellent owners who value editorial independence and integrity. I would just say that we are not going to be intimidated by the president of the United States. We’re going to do our jobs. I think that is true for a large number of outlets. His intense frustration — which comes out in these outbursts — comes from the fact that unlike dictators in other countries, he cannot shut down media outlets that he doesn’t like. And so, it’s our duty to continue to pursue the truth no matter what he says about us.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/09/06/the-atlantics-goldberg-we-are-not-going-to-be-intimidated-by-the-president/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Absalom

Historians measure what happened and recount it, though few were present during the event measured.
As such, they must investigate, then rely on the integrity of those reporting it.
Man is subject to patterns in his attitudes, behaviors, impulses and sentiments, throughout life; as such a critical measure of the integrity of events/words reported, is whether or not there exists a pattern to accept/believe what was reported.
Consider the Trump Fan Club, now in raging denial over Trump's reported vile slander of dead soldiers.
While the words have not been authenticated, as yet, is there a pattern of Trump behavior, in these words, that lends integrity to these assertions???
Plain people, mercifully devoid of the neurosis of politics, will decide and Trump should prepare for
the very worst!!!!

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak
@Cyber Liberty
@Gefn

"Belleau Wood France is a pilgrimage site for U.S. Marines because of the strength shown here during WWI. This is where Marines became known as Devil Dogs."  The Aisne-Marne American Cemetery is there.

I have been to Belleau Wood and the cemetery.  I will tell you what is there:
There was a guide for us at Belleau Wood.  Just add "Forest" to Belleau Wood.

During WWI, the Germans were fighting us in that forest.  Our Army soldiers were dying.  They did not have the fire power the Germans had. 

Then, the US Marines arrived with great fire power.  There are memorials telling of what happened at numerous places in the forest and the memorials are located where each action was.  So, the forest itself talks to you as you go from place to place reading, hearing what our Marines did in that forest.

Coming out of the forest is where the cemetery is - as far as you can see are white American military crosses.  You may walk among the crosses and see the names on the crosses.  There is a building at the entrance to the cemetery that is continually manned by an American soldier in order to help people find the grave(s) of their loved one(s).

You will never forget what you see there.  I was told by the guide that in WWII, again the German soldiers came through that area, this time through that graveyard that was not there in WWI, to get to Paris, AND THEY TOUCHED NOTHING - DESTROYED NOTHING in the graveyard. 

myst, Cyber, I wish you had been there with me.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
@mystery-ak
@Cyber Liberty
@Gefn

"Belleau Wood France is a pilgrimage site for U.S. Marines because of the strength shown here during WWI. This is where Marines became known as Devil Dogs."  The Aisne-Marne American Cemetery is there.

I have been to Belleau Wood and the cemetery.  I will tell you what is there:
There was a guide for us at Belleau Wood.  Just add "Forest" to Belleau Wood.

During WWI, the Germans were fighting us in that forest.  Our Army soldiers were dying.  They did not have the fire power the Germans had. 

Then, the US Marines arrived with great fire power.  There are memorials telling of what happened at numerous places in the forest and the memorials are located where each action was.  So, the forest itself talks to you as you go from place to place reading, hearing what our Marines did in that forest.

Coming out of the forest is where the cemetery is - as far as you can see are white American military crosses.  You may walk among the crosses and see the names on the crosses.  There is a building at the entrance to the cemetery that is continually manned by an American soldier in order to help people find the grave(s) of their loved one(s).

You will never forget what you see there.  I was told by the guide that in WWII, again the German soldiers came through that area, this time through that graveyard that was not there in WWI, to get to Paris, AND THEY TOUCHED NOTHING - DESTROYED NOTHING in the graveyard. 

myst, Cyber, I wish you had been there with me.

I would have loved to see it...when we lived in GB my dad's interest at the time were castles...I think we went to every castle he could find and have countless home movies of every one..lol
Support the USO

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Absolom mused:
"While the words have not been authenticated, as yet, is there a pattern of Trump behavior, in these words, that lends integrity to these assertions???"

So what you mean is, fake... but accurate... right...?

Offline verga

When can we expect articles about Biden and his son?
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
When can we expect articles about Biden and his son?

I'll post them when I see them..
Support the USO

Offline dancer

Historians measure what happened and recount it, though few were present during the event measured.
As such, they must investigate, then rely on the integrity of those reporting it.
Man is subject to patterns in his attitudes, behaviors, impulses and sentiments, throughout life; as such a critical measure of the integrity of events/words reported, is whether or not there exists a pattern to accept/believe what was reported.
Consider the Trump Fan Club, now in raging denial over Trump's reported vile slander of dead soldiers.
While the words have not been authenticated, as yet, is there a pattern of Trump behavior, in these words, that lends integrity to these assertions???
Plain people, mercifully devoid of the neurosis of politics, will decide and Trump should prepare for
the very worst!!!!
The Biden Fan Club is in for a rude awakening.

Offline Absalom

Absolom mused:
"While the words have not been authenticated, as yet, is there a pattern of Trump behavior, in these words, that lends integrity to these assertions???"
So what you mean is, fake... but accurate... right...?
[/quote]
-----------------------------
Trump has been a compulsive/congenital liar since the womb, a reality his Mother knew in her bones!!!

Offline mountaineer

This Goldberg is a real **tch.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline verga

@mystery-ak I didn't mean you, I meant from "The Atlantic". I mean they are a completely unbiased news source, right ... Right?
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline dfwgator

Offline Right_in_Virginia

As such, they must investigate, then rely on the integrity of those reporting it.  [.....................] While the words have not been authenticated, as yet, is there a pattern of Trump behavior [..........]

There sure is!  No President has been more pro-actively supportive of our military and our veterans than Donald J. Trump --- from changing the ROE on the battlefield to rebuilding the military almost in ruins thanks to the OBiden administration, to saving the VA from monumental incompetence and corruption and turning it into an organization that actually serves the health and rehabilitation needs of our veterans, to treating each soldier, marine, airman, sailor, coast guardsman, national guardsman and veteran crossing his path with dignity, respect and gratitude.

Hell, you can trace this pattern of behavior back to 1995 when citizen Trump saved New York's Veterans Parade when no one else would lift a finger.

So there certainly is a pattern of behavior that makes the unauthenticated words all the more egregious -- regardless of the size of the wilted word salad you've spewed in defense of them.   

« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 02:03:42 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline corbe

The Last 4 years have taught us that Trump is going there, I sure hope he comes up the cleanest.

@Hey Mod4, I just like muddy Women.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline MOD4

I understand that about you @corbe but some of your images get reported often, making more work for me in dealing with you.  I'm tired.

Offline corbe

Ok, @Mods, I've been kicked out of the Best Bars here (Mory's) and now you want to have me circumsized, because of 3 complaints?

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Ok @MOD4 @roamer_1 is having his first Cold Snap of the year tomorrow so we'll dress her a little more appropriately.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
 ****slapping

@mystery-ak @verga

Am I delusional,but hasn't a bunch of stuff about the Biden family corruption in Ukraine already been posted here?

I could have sworn I had seen and posted on several of them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline corbe

Everybody's screwing that ol' fool, biteme.  The ukrainians, the russians and the chinese, among others.  @sneakypete

Offline roamer_1

Ok @MOD4 @roamer_1 is having his first Cold Snap of the year tomorrow so we'll dress her a little more appropriately.

OH YEAH... Now I can see that, @corbe:yowsa: :beer:

Offline Absalom

There sure is!  No President has been more pro-actively supportive of our military and our veterans than Donald J. Trump --- from changing the ROE on the battlefield to rebuilding the military almost in ruins thanks to the OBiden administration, to saving the VA from monumental incompetence and corruption and turning it into an organization that actually serves the health and rehabilitation needs of our veterans, to treating each soldier, marine, airman, sailor, coast guardsman, national guardsman and veteran crossing his path with dignity, respect and gratitude.
Hell, you can trace this pattern of behavior back to 1995 when citizen Trump saved New York's Veterans Parade when no one else would lift a finger.
So there certainly is a pattern of behavior that makes the unauthenticated words all the more egregious -- regardless of the size of the wilted word salad you've spewed in defense of them.
[/quote]
------------------------------------
Trump has been a chronic and compulsive deceiver/falsifier since the womb; a pattern his Mother
fully grasped and articulated in the family biography.
This attitude and behavior was ingrained in his psyche since throughout life he surrounded
himself w/flunkies and sycophants whose only function was to caress his psyche and kow-tow
to his whims.
Yet as Trump's list of terminated lackeys has mushroomed, they are now emerging from the
woodwork foaming at the mouth for revenge; so the next 60 days should be boisterous, as this
collection of malcontents urinates on each other daily, a well deserved finale for all of them.
The Almighty is indeed merciful!!!

Offline corbe

Did I get the musical instrument correct?

Offline Absalom

Did I get the musical instrument correct?
---------------------------
Hmm.............is that Lyre to rhyme w/liar????