Author Topic: GWU white professor pens wild confession she lied about being black throughout her adult life  (Read 992 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
GWU white professor pens wild confession she lied about being black throughout her adult life
September 4, 2020 | Vivek Saxena |

It pays to be black — fake black, that is.

Meet George Washington University professor Jessica A. Krug, a standard white person who it appears has been pretending to be black all her adult life for the benefits, some of them financial, just like her predecessors Shaun King and Rachel Dolezal.

In a stunning blog post published in Medium on Thursday, the professor of African and Latin American studies outed herself as a self-identified “culture leech.”

Profile photo, opens profile page on Twitter in a new tab
philip lewis
@Phil_Lewis_
Weird story of the day: Jessica Krug, a white woman from Kansas, has been pretending to be Black for her entire professional career, and now she’s apologizing for it:

"I am not a culture vulture. I am a culture leech."

“To an escalating degree over my adult life, I have eschewed my lived experience as a white Jewish child in suburban Kansas City under various assumed identities within a Blackness that I had no right to claim: first North African Blackness, then US rooted Blackness, then Caribbean rooted Bronx Blackness,” she wrote.

“I have not only claimed these identities as my own when I had absolutely no right to do so — when doing so is the very epitome of violence, of thievery and appropriation, of the myriad ways in which non-Black people continue to use and abuse Black identities and cultures — but I have formed intimate relationships with loving, compassionate people who have trusted and cared for me when I have deserved neither trust nor caring.”

And she’s benefited financially from this lie — bigly.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/09/04/gwu-white-professor-pens-wild-confession-she-lied-about-being-black-throughout-her-adult-life-967916
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

She seems a bit higher-end than Rachel Dolezal, part of academia. I wonder if she got a leg up in being hired by claiming to be black.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
It was never easy for her. She was born a poor black child. I'm sure she remembers the days, sittin' on the porch with her family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi recalling what she was taught; "Lord loves a working man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it."
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
What an idiot.  Not sure what the future may hold for her, but she'd make a good Senator from Massachusetts.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
It was never easy for her. She was born a poor black child. I'm sure she remembers the days, sittin' on the porch with her family, singin' and dancin' down in Mississippi recalling what she was taught; "Lord loves a working man; don't trust whitey; see a doctor and get rid of it."

:silly: :silly:

I just posted that she's an idiot.  I should said she's a Jerk.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
:silly: :silly:

I just posted that she's an idiot.  I should said she's a Jerk.

:beer:

rangerrebew

“I Absolutely Cancel Myself”: GW Professor Under Investigation After Disclosing That She Is Not Black

2020-09-04 at 8.39.22 AM

In an academic version of the Rachel Dozezal controversy, the New York Times is reporting that George Washington University is investigating the bizarre case of George Washington associate professor Jessica A. Krug who admitted in a Medium post Thursday that, despite publicly identifying as a black woman, she is in fact a white Jewish child from the suburbs of Kansas City.  Krug has called herself a “cultural leech” and announced that she was “cancelling herself.” The Chronicle of Higher Education stated that some of the positions that she secured in teaching were due to her claimed minority status.

The case rekindles the tension in academic over claims of minority status, including the controversy surrounding the long-claims of Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D., Mass.) who also taught at George Washington that she was a Native American. Much of our minority status designations are based on such self-identifications.  The Census Bureau approach is based solely on self identification. Since 2000, it has allowed people to check multiple boxes for races and ethnicities. Brown University attracted attention for proposing a pure self identification system for “people of color.”

https://jonathanturley.org/2020/09/04/i-absolutely-cancel-myself-gw-professor-under-investigation-after-disclosing-that-she-is-not-black/#more-162342

Online mountaineer

Jessica Krug also pretended to be South Bronx Puerto Rican, borough activist says
By Laura Italiano
September 4, 2020 | 6:28pm

Bogus “black” college professor Jessica Krug also tried to pass herself off as a Puerto Rican from the South Bronx — but her lousy salsa dancing made her suspect, a borough activist told The Post on Friday.

“It was mediocre at best, but she was talking about how great she was,” blogger and photojournalist Ed Garcia Conde said of the dancing by Krug — a white woman who passed herself off as black for years. “She was showing off her moves, and I’m trying to be nice.”

Garcia Conde said he first met Krug dancing at last year’s Puerto Rican Day festival, held on the Saturday before the city’s famous annual parade. ...
More at NY Post

Ed García Conde with Jessica Krug at the 116th Street Puerto Rican Festival.
??? She needs to get some tips from Sandy from the Suburbs, a/k/a AOC.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline dfwgator

And then she heard her first Mantovani record,  and decided to become white.

Offline PeteS in CA

Not Bert Kaempfert?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Wingnut

Not Bert Kaempfert?

Nah..Englebert Humperdinck.

Offline skeeter

Nah..Englebert Humperdinck.

Neither. Slim Whitman.

Offline Wingnut

Neither. Slim Whitman.

Changed my vote...The Pan Flute guy....Zamfir

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
Doesn't this throw a bit of a monkey wrench into the "white privilege" meme?  If white privilege is a thing in American culture, why are people like this professor, Elizabeth Warren, Rachel Dolezal and others choosing to identify as minorities rather than claiming it?

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Changed my vote...The Pan Flute guy....Zamfir
All the way down this thread and Barry Manilow hasn't been mentioned yet. For shame.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Wingnut

All the way down this thread and Barry Manilow hasn't been mentioned yet. For shame.

He writes the songs......

Offline andy58-in-nh

Beautiful, man. Just beautiful.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Why is it I picture her making this announcement,and then morphing into "Ralph" from the Simpsons,and blaring "HAH,HAH!"

Has she announced when her new book will be out yet,or when she will begin her speaking tour?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

Offline dancer

:yowsa:

Offline verga

Why is it I picture her making this announcement,and then morphing into "Ralph" from the Simpsons,and blaring "HAH,HAH!"

Has she announced when her new book will be out yet,or when she will begin her speaking tour?
18 Freaking Posts It took 18 freaking posts for this to be suggested. What is wrong with the rest of you that Sneaky Pete was the first to suggest this after 17 other posts. You folks aren't even trying  9999hair out0000  ****slapping  22222frying pan. I am embarrassed.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
18 Freaking Posts It took 18 freaking posts for this to be suggested. What is wrong with the rest of you that Sneaky Pete was the first to suggest this after 17 other posts. You folks aren't even trying  9999hair out0000  ****slapping  22222frying pan. I am embarrassed.
I just assumed it went without saying.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@verga

I promise I will try to do better next time. I admit to wasting too much time eating,sleeping,showering,etc,etc,etc.

Offline LegalAmerican

Doesn't this throw a bit of a monkey wrench into the "white privilege" meme?  If white privilege is a thing in American culture, why are people like this professor, Elizabeth Warren, Rachel Dolezal and others choosing to identify as minorities rather than claiming it?

BINGO!  We don't have,  AFFIRMATIVE ACTION...nor HEAD START...nor,  NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND.  ALL BLACK PRIVILEGE. 
TRILLLIONS IN WELFARE.   Proves out  'white privilege' is a MYTH. 

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Neither. Slim Whitman.
Give it a rest, everyone knows it was Perry Como the singing barber!