Author Topic: Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’ [latest hit piece]  (Read 5214 times)

Offline verga

I thought the left hated the Vietnam war.
Until they can batter Trump with it.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

@dfwgator

There are a large number of people out there who STILL think there is such a thing as a free lunch.

There is no limit to the damnfool things some of these cretins believe.

Hell,there are still people who think JFK was a war hero.
I remember reading the book about PT109 and thinking "Hero, he was just plain reckless."
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

@mystery-ak 

BTW,does anybody know what happened to Paul Ryan to turn him into the vindictive bitch he is now? He used to appear to be a solid and rational conservative,he leaves office for some reason I can't remember,and is suddenly a Bernie Bro.
Hanging out with RINO Romney will do that to you.

Offline skeeter

I remember reading the book about PT109 and thinking "Hero, he was just plain reckless."

People have never appreciated how incompetent a skipper would have to be to allow his 77 foot long 45 MPH patrol boat to be accidentally cut in half by a 4000 ton enemy destroyer.

Offline verga

People have never appreciated how incompetent a skipper would have to be to allow his 77 foot long 45 MPH patrol boat to be accidentally cut in half by a 4000 ton enemy destroyer.
PT boats were made from WWII PLYWOOD. The life expectancy on these was something like 5 years. IF and that is a HUGE IF they were maintained properly. The way the engines were mounted caused undue stress on the bulkheads. Add that the fact they could NEVER get up on plane. The stem pieces were constantly battered and on many of them they were sealed on the outside of the hull and given a promise on the inside. 20 years ago "Wooden boat" magazine did an in depth article on the flaws in the design and construction of these boats. The gist of it was you don't bring a knife to a gunfight.

Online corbe

Didn't they have some type of rudimentary RADAR though, shouldn't he have seen the Japanese Cruiser upon him before it was too late?  @verga
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline skeeter

PT boats were made from WWII PLYWOOD. The life expectancy on these was something like 5 years. IF and that is a HUGE IF they were maintained properly. The way the engines were mounted caused undue stress on the bulkheads. Add that the fact they could NEVER get up on plane. The stem pieces were constantly battered and on many of them they were sealed on the outside of the hull and given a promise on the inside. 20 years ago "Wooden boat" magazine did an in depth article on the flaws in the design and construction of these boats. The gist of it was you don't bring a knife to a gunfight.
More reason Kennedy shouldn't have been cruising in an active sea lane on a reduced level of alert. From what I've read PT boats hung out in coves and hugged the coast and emerged only when a target of opportunity presented itself.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@verga

Oh,it was much worse than that.  The Navy wanted to court-martial him for dereliction of duty,and Old Man Joe wanted the Navy to give him a Medal of Honor. The compromise position  ended up being he got no medal at all for bravery,but he wasn't court martialed.

He was supposed to be patrolling  the straight and attacking any Japanese ships he ran across,but instead what he did was throw out a sea anchor and go to sleep without even leaving a night watch. Instead of attacking the Japanese destroyer that ran through PT-109 ,the destroyer sank him.

Nobody really knew what happened until after the war,and then the naval scholars got hold of the log of the Japanese destroyer and read the notation  where they hit an "unknown object" at that latitude and longitude that night. A couple of his crew lost their lives that night by drowning because he was a Kennedy,and not obligated to do his duty.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
 :yowsa:
   Didn't they have some type of rudimentary RADAR though, shouldn't he have seen the Japanese Cruiser upon him before it was too late?  @verga

@corbe

Radar does you no good if your entire crew is sleeping,and your boat is floating along with a sea anchor slowing it down.

Somebody has to be awake to read the radar and give orders.

Offline verga

@verga

Oh,it was much worse than that.  The Navy wanted to court-martial him for dereliction of duty,and Old Man Joe wanted the Navy to give him a Medal of Honor. The compromise position  ended up being he got no medal at all for bravery,but he wasn't court martialed.

He was supposed to be patrolling  the straight and attacking any Japanese ships he ran across,but instead what he did was throw out a sea anchor and go to sleep without even leaving a night watch. Instead of attacking the Japanese destroyer that ran through PT-109 ,the destroyer sank him.

Nobody really knew what happened until after the war,and then the naval scholars got hold of the log of the Japanese destroyer and read the notation  where they hit an "unknown object" at that latitude and longitude that night. A couple of his crew lost their lives that night by drowning because he was a Kennedy,and not obligated to do his duty.
Thank you for the reminder of the details.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
They can walk it back now,  the Mission has been accomplished.

Yep. Like the needle...the damage is done.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Exclusive — U.S. Ambassador to France Denies The Atlantic Story: ‘POTUS Has Never Denigrated Any Member of U.S. Military’
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/09/07/u-s-ambassador-france-denies-atlantic-story-potus-never-denigrated-any-member-us-military/
Support the USO

Offline montanajoe

As someone who volunteered and served during that time and lost friends and relatives during the war I have no respect for chicken shit draft dodgers like Trump. Whether he said it or not makes no difference to me and will not change my opinion of the POS I think the same is true for most whether they support him or not.... :shrug:

Online libertybele

As someone who volunteered and served during that time and lost friends and relatives during the war I have no respect for chicken shit draft dodgers like Trump. Whether he said it or not makes no difference to me and will not change my opinion of the POS I think the same is true for most whether they support him or not.... :shrug:

On Trump's deferments:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-on-vietnam-despite-five-deferments-hed-have-been-honored-to-serve/2019/06/05/88a17bfe-87a2-11e9-a870-b9c411dc4312_story.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@montanajoe

I really don't give a Biden if someone was a draft-dodger or not. I DO know that I didn't want to be in VN and needing help have to call on someone who didn't want to be there.

Hell,in one respect I even admire them for standing up for what they believed,even if was they believed they were cowards. Who am I to argue with them over that? After all,who knows them better?

As for rich kids that got deferments,I don't give a Bush about them,either. IF they had gotten drafted and sent to VN,they would have became commissioned officers assigned to non-combat "keep busy and pull your tour" duty anyway,so from MY POV as an infantryman,they wouldn't have been "there" anyhow.

If you didn't WANT to be there,I didn't want you there and in a position where I needed your help and you failed to provide it. Do me and all the others on the front line a favor,and stay the hell home!

Offline PeteS in CA

Back on topic, have The Atlantic's annoymorous sources popped their heads up and proven they exist and were there with Trump in France?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Back on topic, have The Atlantic's annoymorous sources popped their heads up and proven they exist and were there with Trump in France?

Lol!  Nope, and I don't expect they ever will. They may be cray-cray but they aren't stoopy-stoopy.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

Lol!  Nope, and I don't expect they ever will. They may be cray-cray but they aren't stoopy-stoopy.

The next false hit-piece will probably be released later this week, I'm guessing Friday evening when responses might get less attention (akin to the Clinton Friday night docu-dumps of the 1990s).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online corbe

I believe there will be political hits upon the Presidency from now till the Election Day, hell his convicted Lawyer's book in coming out soon.  The probability that he'll survive is still encouraging.

After all, by now, you'd think he doesn't have much penis to step on.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The next false hit-piece will probably be released later this week, I'm guessing Friday evening when responses might get less attention (akin to the Clinton Friday night docu-dumps of the 1990s).

Thursday, if Sloe Joe's team have the ads ready in time.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline skeeter

I believe there will be political hits upon the Presidency from now till the Election Day, hell his convicted Lawyer's book in coming out soon.  The probability that he'll survive is still encouraging.

After all, by now, you'd think he doesn't have much penis to step on.

It's not the sleazy media attacks he/we should worry about. It's all those last minute ballots they'll spend all of November counting.

Even though polysci expert & hardcore constitutionalist rodent looking mofo Mark Zuckerberg says such an unprecedented event would be 'totally legit'.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 09:05:52 pm by skeeter »

Online corbe

It will be Brutal @skeeter and someone brought earlier, I think @jmyrlefuller There'll be riots and more BS with whoever wins, just like since 2016.