Author Topic: Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’ [latest hit piece]  (Read 5087 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
On the Record: Sources Traveling with Donald Trump Deny ‘The Atlantic’ Story

Charlie Spiering4 Sep 202014
4:12

Current and former officials who were with President Donald Trump on his 2018 trip to Paris denied, on the record, a story published by the Atlantic, which cited anonymous sources that claim Trump described America’s fallen heroes as “suckers” and “losers.”

The Atlantic story cited anonymous sources who claimed that Trump did not want to visit the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery at the site of the Battle of Belleau Wood during his visit to Paris in 2018 and that he was worried about his hair in the rain. The sources also claimed that Trump said the cemetery was “filled with losers” and that the Marines who died at Belleau Wood were “suckers” for being killed.

The trip to the cemetery was canceled last-minute due to rain and fog preventing Marine One from safely taking the trip from Paris to the cemetery. It was also reportedly prohibitively difficult to travel 50 miles to the site via motorcade because it would require widescale traffic shutdowns in some of the busiest parts of Paris.

Jordan Karem, the president’s former body man who was present during the trip, weighed in on Twitter.

“This is not even close to being factually accurate. Plain and simple, it just never happened,” Karem wrote. “Again, this is 100 percent false. I was next to the president the whole day! The President was greatly disappointed when told we couldn’t fly there. He was incredibly eager to honor our Fallen Heroes.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/09/04/on-record-sources-traveling-donald-trump-deny-atlantic-story/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rustynail

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘Put up or shut up’: McCain son-in-law defends Trump, as pressure builds for The Atlantic to give up its sources

Profile photo, opens profile page on Twitter in a new tab
Ben Domenech
@bdomenech
I'm confident I have better sources within this White House than @JeffreyGoldberg, and I expect that upon investigation his anonymously sourced story will live up to the quality we can expect from The Atlantic under his leadership.
8:47 PM · Sep 3, 2020

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/09/04/put-up-or-shut-up-mccain-son-in-law-defends-trump-as-pressure-builds-for-the-atlantic-to-give-up-its-sources-968145
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online kevindavis007

This is worse than what Dan Rather tried to do in '04
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bolton Burns Anti-Trumpers

Stunning Rejection of Atlantic ’Bombshell’

‘I Was There’… ‘I Didn’t Hear That’
Support the USO

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The president also got some defense from Ben Domenech, co-founder of The Federalist and McCain’s son-in-law.

“I’m confident I have better sources within this White House than @JeffreyGoldberg, and I expect that upon investigation his anonymously sourced story will live up to the quality we can expect from The Atlantic under his leadership,” he wrote on Twitter.

Man that must have been hard for him to write. But good on him for doing it.  Goldberg is a huge douche bag
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Atlantic’s Goldberg Defends Trump Piece — ‘Extensively Sourced and Entirely Accurate’

Pam Key4 Sep 202055
1:42

Editor-in-chief of The Atlantic magazine, Jeffrey Goldberg, defended his article claiming President Donald Trump said Americans who died in war were “losers” and “suckers” Friday on MSNBC’s “Andrea Mitchell Reports.”

President Donald Trump denied the story saying, “It’s a fake story, and it’s a disgrace they’re allowed to do it.”

Goldberg said, “It is not fake, it is real. This story is extensively sourced and entirely accurate. That’s all I can say. This is not the first time, of course — certainly not the first time today that the president has cast aspersions on journalism that doesn’t reflect well on him. So his reaction is completely predictable.”

He added, “You’re right, it’s very vigorous, and I think that these vigorous denials are motivated by a realization —I think you were talking about this earlier in your show— a realization that these kinds of comments that he’s made really don’t reflect well on him among a certain kind of voter he actually needs very much in a couple of months. So I think that’s a little bit of the energy there, is from that realization.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2020/09/04/the-atlantics-goldberg-defends-trump-piece-extensively-sourced-and-entirely-accurate/
Support the USO

Offline PeteS in CA

Multiple people who were there - including Bolton, who has less than zero love for Trump - have gone on the record publicly and said the story is false. Meanwhile Goldberg's sources remain annoymorous.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Trump's ememies have now resorted to full blown fabrications.  Actually a good sign showing they realize that Biden is in free-fall. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Bolton Burns Anti-Trumpers

Stunning Rejection of Atlantic ’Bombshell’

‘I Was There’… ‘I Didn’t Hear That’

And that is from a Trump enemy.  Doesn't this country have laws around libel and slander?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline EdinVA

And that is from a Trump enemy.  Doesn't this country have laws around libel and slander?

Yes, and if anyone on earth would sue over it, it will be Trump... hope he does

Offline aligncare

This was a classic Friday “news” dump. This “blockbuster” was designed and prepared ahead of time, down to having an ad ready to go and planned for launch just before the long Labor Day weekend.

Folks will be serving up more than just juicy burgers around the barbecue. There’s rumors, gossip, whispering campaigns. This sorta thing worked like a charm in past elections. Will it this time?

((Shhh, keep your voice low as you approach the swamp. If you’re quiet you might catch the sound of the common conspiracy snake))

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Esper defends Trump amid fallen troops firestorm

Defense Secretary Mark Esper said Friday that President Trump respects U.S. service members amid growing furor over a report that said Trump disparaged fallen U.S. troops as “losers” and “suckers.”

"President Trump has the highest respect and admiration for our nation's military members, veterans and families,” Esper said in a brief statement. “That is why he has fought for greater pay and more funding for our armed forces.”

Esper’s statement offers support to Trump as fury toward the president grows, but it notably does not directly deny Trump made the alleged comments.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/515171-esper-defends-trump-amid-fallen-troops-firestorm
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Goldberg Says He Kept Sources Anonymous Because People Would Be Mean On Twitter
https://dailycaller.com/2020/09/04/jeffrey-goldberg-atlantic-twitter-anonymous-sources/

:silly:
Support the USO

Offline berdie

I don't believe Trump said this. He absolutely says some off the wall statements that incriminate him with the press...but not this.

Yes he disparaged McCain...the hatred between the two was deep. But even then, he sent the plane to fly him to his extended funeral.
I truly believe he loves the troops and veterans.
Nobody comes out and says...yeah that what he said and my name is (blank).
I know that Bolton is persona non grata on this site, but I still like him. Even he said it is bunk.
Biden takes umbrage...severe umbrage over a statement, probably not even made. Makes me suspicious.
Lastly, Trump loves flattering press events. For whatever reason (hang the picture on his wall?). He wouldn't have cancelled. (Don't beat me up too hard for   
  what will be perceived as Anti-Trump. It's not. It is what is is.

Offline dfwgator

I don't believe Trump said this. He absolutely says some off the wall statements that incriminate him with the press...but not this.

Which is exactly why the Left gets away with it.  There's enough people out there who think, "I can just imagine Trump saying something like this."

Offline dfwgator

Trump has to deal with all of those out there who have spent years in Public Service, who are insanely jealous of the fact, that he just waltzed in from the Private Sector.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Swig
@OldRowSwig

The media doesn’t want you to see this.

Video:

https://twitter.com/OldRowSwig/status/1301734357166698497

thebradfordfileâ„¢
@thebradfordfile

I'm old enough to remember Democrats being enraged Trump wanted to have a parade honoring our military heroes.

2:43 PM · Sep 4, 2020·TweetDeck

https://twitter.com/thebradfordfile/status/1301954094702243841

Offline Absalom

The Trump Fan Club is in a hysterical, yet perhaps justifiable, rage over these accusations;
so a direct and simple question?
At present there are thousands of serving US Military Officers, across all branches,
at/above the rank of Colonel; a number of whom have served under Trump.
Why has not a single Officer, as yet, spoken up to defend Trump and challenge these allegations ???

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The Trump Fan Club is in a hysterical, yet perhaps justifiable, rage over these accusations;
At present there are thousands of serving US Military Officers, across all branches,
Why has not a single Officer, as yet, spoken up to defend Trump and challenge these allegations ???

You never disappoint.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

The Trump Fan Club is in a hysterical, yet perhaps justifiable, rage over these accusations; so a direct and simple question? At present there are thousands of serving US Military Officers, across all branches, at/above the rank of Colonel; a number of whom have served under Trump. Why has not a single Officer, as yet, spoken up to defend Trump and challenge these allegations ???

Are military members permitted to get involved in politics involving the CIC??  (Serious question)

@Wingnut @txradioguy @Bigun @sneakypete

« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 09:51:21 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline skeeter

You're asking why a uniformed service member, presumably one who wasn’t on hand at the alleged event, doesn't offer Trump an unsolicited defense against a political hit piece? How would that work, exactly?