Author Topic: Meadows admits 'I would not have recommended' Woodward be given access to Trump for interviews  (Read 336 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Meadows admits 'I would not have recommended' Woodward be given access to Trump for interviews
WH chief of staff says candid COVID-19 comments show Trump 'believes he has nothing to hide'
By Charles Creitz | Fox News

White House Chief of Staff Mark Meadows told "The Story" Wednesday that he would not have advised President Trump to sit down with journalist Bob Woodward had he been working in the administration when the interviews began last year.

"I'm not surprised that the president was on the phone with Bob Woodward," Meadows told host Martha MacCallum. "His access to the White House is probably something that I would not have recommended had I been in the chief of staff role early on but it's the typical thing the president does. He believes he has nothing to hide, that is the great thing about him."

Earlier Wednesday the Washington Post published audio from the interviews ahead of the release of Woodward's book, "Rage." In all, Trump spoke with Woodward 18 times between December of last year and July of this year.

Trump received particularly criticism for describing coronavirus as "deadly stuff" in early February while he was publicly comparing it to seasonal flu. The following month, he admitted to Woodward that he "always wanted to play it down ... because I don't want to create a panic."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/meadows-wouldnt-have-recommended-trump-woodward-interviews
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Finally...Woodward is not your friend...remember that Repubs!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

According to Tucker Carlson t’was Lindsay Graham who facilitated the interview between Trump and Woodward.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@mystery-ak

No one has ever denied that Lady Lindsey is a shrewd politician.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
@mystery-ak

No one has ever denied that Lady Lindsey is a shrewd politician.
I think you spelled shrew wrong

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
 ****sheep****
I think you spelled shrew wrong

@GtHawk

Works for him both ways,doesn't it?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion