Author Topic: NFL, NFLPA Announce 1-Hour Televised Social Justice Special on NBC  (Read 834 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NFL, NFLPA Announce 1-Hour Televised Social Justice Special on NBC
« on: September 03, 2020, 07:51:27 pm »
Dylan Gwinn 3 Sep 2020

In case you were wondering what the NFL was doing to advance the cause of social justice and equality, the league and the league’s players association are going on television to tell you all about it.

According to an NFL press release via MSN:

We will devote the entirety of our one-hour program on NBC next Wednesday, Sept. 9, to providing a platform for our players and allies to discuss the work that we are doing together to advance social justice and equality. Additional details on this program to be announced at a later date.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2020/09/03/nfl-nflpa-announce-1-hour-televised-social-justice-special-on-nbc/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Re: NFL, NFLPA Announce 1-Hour Televised Social Justice Special on NBC
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 07:54:23 pm »
Can't wait to miss it.

Offline berdie

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 08:10:57 pm »
If that means they will shut up  and play as opposed to bringing their politics into the game...this is a good thing. It might save some of their fan base. Not me...but I'm just one person.

There was a rerun of SB XII on tv Sunday. Sadly since I'm somewhat football starved, I watched parts of it. It was so fun just watching the game, recognizing and remembering the players and cheering them on. Of course it didn't hurt that Dallas won. :laugh:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2020, 08:16:29 pm »
I'm hoping they accurately picture the "blighted" neighborhoods they are forced to live in.

For years I ran by Dennis Rodman's multi-million $$ oceanfront home , very near his multi $$ Bayfront  cocktail bar, on the Newport Harbor.

Kareem owned an hotel, and a strip mall in the area. Reggie Jackson lived on the bayfront next  door to a Fortune 500 board chairman. As we know, Kobe lived in "Newport Coast," among some $multi billianaire$

People respected their privacy.

t

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2020, 08:19:09 pm »
*YAWN*

BFD. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2020, 10:52:17 pm »
I'm sorry, I have to wash my hair. Some other time, perhaps.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2020, 09:22:39 pm »
Jesse Kelly  @JesseKellyDC
I was gonna watch the NFL opening game tonight, but I just decided to look in the mirror and flog myself for being white instead. Might as well cut out the middle man.
3:43 PM · Sep 10, 2020

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2020, 09:25:44 pm »
I was gonna watch the NFL opening game tonight, but I just decided to look in the mirror and flog myself for being white instead. Might as well cut out the middle man.

Pretty much sums every thing up for me too!.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2020, 09:54:04 pm »
It’s a far cry from a Jerry Lewis telethon. But, it’s a start...a one-hour pity-thon. Whites can call in and apologize for being white, privileged and oppressin’ minorities.

(The NFL/NFLPA can...888buttkisser )

Offline rustynail

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2020, 10:03:31 pm »
'NBC next Wednesday, Sept. 9'......I missed it.  Why didn't I know about this?

I feel hollow unfulfilled apart from all the that matters.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2020, 10:44:59 pm »
Can't imagine a bigger snooze-fest.
And yet I know that tons of Liberals (who have never watched a single game in their life), will force themselves to suffer through it to feel good about how not racist and 'woke' they are.
I expect the ratings, when and if they are ever released, are going to be abysmal.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2020, 12:19:18 am »
Forget white privilege.  Let's talk about Athlete Privilege.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline aligncare

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2020, 12:58:20 am »
Forget white privilege.  Let's talk about Athlete Privilege.

Athletes, set up financially, aren’t going to get much sympathy from fans or the public at large.

Shut up and tackle.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2020, 02:26:45 am »
Pull up your pants too..BLM
Belt loops matter.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2020, 03:09:30 am »
Read on Twitterville that fans in KC roundly booed the little pregame locked arms in unity stunt.

Twitter is aghast, calling people in KC racist, and all other unflattering comments.  Problem the NFL and NFLPA doesn't understand is that it is nearly impossible to decouple this dipshit BLM movement from the day in day out BLM terrorist rioting and looting  that we watch every night in the news.  Hopefully a little reality slapped these f'ers in the face tonight. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2020, 03:28:55 am »

Pretty much sums every thing up for me too!.

@Wingnut

So that's what the kids are calling it these days?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2020, 01:18:57 pm »
It’s a far cry from a Jerry Lewis telethon. But, it’s a start...a one-hour pity-thon. Whites can call in and apologize for being white, privileged and oppressin’ minorities.

(The NFL/NFLPA can...888buttkisser )
Maybe they can interview some of the people in Chicago or some other American inner-city shooting galleries and hopefully not have to dodge bullets.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2020, 02:22:52 pm »
COVID-19 And BLM Canceled The Joy Of Patrick Mahomes And Deshaun Watson
by Jason Whitlock   
On the opening night of the NFL season, joy and celebration feel criminal.

The past six months locked in our homes, denied the casual intimacy of smiles, handshakes and hugs, and trapped in a viral-video race war have stolen the emotion of joy and the act of celebration.

COVID-19 and Black Lives Matter canceled Sports Christmas, the first night of NFL football, an evening traditionally filled with joy and celebration for sports fans.  ...

We should be joyful tonight. We should celebrate the achievements of football. We should honor and celebrate James Harris, Joe Gilliam, Vince Evans, Rodney Peete, Randall Cunningham, Warren Moon, Steve McNair, Donovan McNabb and all the quarterbacks who paved the path for Mahomes, Watson and Wilson.

We should say their names and express joy for the road we’ve traveled, the hurdles we cleared and the limitless possibilities in front of us.

Instead, we’re going to honor Jacob Blake, George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, Eric Garner, Michael Brown, Rayshard Brooks and many other alleged victims of police brutality. We’re going to make victims of poor decision-making heroes and martyrs. We’re going to reflect on death, despair and desperation.

This is satanic. Sports Christmas has been turned into a satanic ritual focused on the tragic life-endings of a handful criminal suspects.

We’ve criminalized joy and celebration and glorified anger, misery and racial division.  ...
Read entire article at Outkick

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2020, 10:48:16 pm »
Jason Whitlock:
The booing you heard at Arrowhead Stadium Thursday night isn’t hard to understand.

Black Lives Matter is toxic and divisive.

Some of the 17,000 Kansas City Chiefs fans allowed to attend the NFL’s season-opening Texans-Chiefs clash booed during the pregame moment of unity because the “moment” was umbrellaed by the Black Lives Matter slogan scrolled across the jumbotrons.

Mystery solved. Chiefs fans aren’t stupid. They’re informed, passionate and fearless.  ...

The booing you heard rejected BLM, not unity.  The booing you heard rejected the rioting, looting, violence and in-your-face harassment associated with the BLM movement.    ...
https://www.outkick.com/chiefs-fans-smart-to-boo-texans-and-dolphins-smart-to-disavow-empty-blm-gestures/

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2020, 01:33:23 pm »
They're on a roll.
The NFL Just Declared War On Church
July 28, 2020
By Elle Reynolds

A deal reached by the National Football Leauge and the NFL Players Association bans players from attending any indoor church services that are above 25 percent capacity, multiple sources told NBC Sports on Saturday.

Alongside its restrictions on attending worship services, the collective bargaining agreement (CBA) also prohibits players from attending indoor nightclubs and bars (except for take-out), indoor concerts, professional sports games, and indoor parties that include 15 or more people.

The deal has not been publicly released, but NBC Sports made no mention of any restrictions on attending protests. Meanwhile, the NFL’s Twitter account has been sharing and celebrating pictures of players engaging in protests around the country. ...
The Federalist

Still in effect, I wonder?