Author Topic: WALSH: The Pathetic Moral Cowards Of The NFL And NBA  (Read 358 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
WALSH: The Pathetic Moral Cowards Of The NFL And NBA
« on: September 03, 2020, 06:53:07 pm »
WALSH: The Pathetic Moral Cowards Of The NFL And NBA
By  Matt Walsh
•
Sep 3, 2020   DailyWire.com

Two months ago, Drew Brees was a superstar athlete who had managed to pull the rare trick of being famous, successful, and universally beloved. The latter being by far the most difficult feat of the three. But then the New Orleans Saints quarterback stated publicly (and correctly) that protesting during the Anthem is “disrespectful” and that it’s better to stand together and “show unity.” This unleashed a torrent of criticism, which Brees withstood for all of 24 hours before folding like a beach chair and apologizing profusely for his defense of unity and patriotism. These days, Brees can be seen running around the practice field with the name of a credibly accused rapist and serial abuser, who was shot after allegedly assaulting police officers, taped to his helmet. His transformation from a beloved and admired sports star to a sad, capitulating pawn is complete.

Drew Brees was once considered a “face” of the NFL. By displaying this utter lack of moral fortitude, and by rallying behind a man who had a warrant out for his arrest for domestic abuse, he has proven that he still is a face of the NFL. The NFL, like the NBA, has many faces, and together they create a collage that forms the appearance of a gelatinous sea creature, something with very thin skin and no muscle or spine.

In recent months, and especially since the shooting of Jacob Blake, both sports leagues have been engaged in all manner of publicity stunts designed to make them look like they care about “racial justice.” Fans of the WNBA would have seen similar theatrics if those fans existed.

more
https://www.dailywire.com/news/walsh-the-pathetic-moral-cowards-of-the-nfl-and-nba
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: WALSH: The Pathetic Moral Cowards Of The NFL And NBA
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 07:06:08 pm »
Doesn't matter.
The NFL/NBA is dead anyway.
They are now just Democrat/China propaganda machines.
BLM may be good, or bad, I don't really give a shit.
But when ESPN starts spoonfeeding me, and ramming political crap down my throat...
Then it is no longer entertainment. Now it is politics. Now it is like I'm watching CNN.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.