Author Topic: They Know How to Prevent Megafires. Why Won’t Anybody Listen?  (Read 3228 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: They Know How to Prevent Megafires. Why Won’t Anybody Listen?
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2020, 04:31:10 pm »
Like I said, Capitalists might make a buck, and we can't have that. 

@Cyber Liberty

Not true. SELECTED capitalists,as in those with the "right" political connections who have given "gifts" to the "right politicians" make plenty of money.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2020, 04:44:09 pm »
@roamer_1

Let's not forget controlled burns of brush and grass. The envio-whackos won't allowed controlled burns for "environmental reasons",but if you keep it burned,it doesn't grow and become a 20 foot wall of fire. The ONLY way to do this is to do it every year.

That's right... We burn the ditches every year. It ain't the grass so much as the bachelor buttons, king thistle, milkweed, and kinnykinik. All that stuff is burned off in the spring so it won't add to the trouble in the fall.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2020, 04:50:30 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

Not true. SELECTED capitalists,as in those with the "right" political connections who have given "gifts" to the "right politicians" make plenty of money.

Apparently there aren't any logging and timber companies on that list.  The Environmental wackos managed to put them out of business, and the forest service access roads have gone fallow so it's difficult to log, were it permitted.  Which it isn't. 

It's not an issue of who gets graft, because nobody's allowed to touch the deadwood.  They might make a buck at it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2020, 04:55:30 pm »

This is purely bunny-hugger nonsense preaching to let it go wild. Especially in populated areas. but everywhere else too. The options are to manage it or watch it burn. That's really the only two choices.

There's a reason why they are called 'wild' fires.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2020, 04:59:12 pm »
Apparently there aren't any logging and timber companies on that list.  The Environmental wackos managed to put them out of business, and the forest service access roads have gone fallow so it's difficult to log, were it permitted.  Which it isn't. 

It's not an issue of who gets graft, because nobody's allowed to touch the deadwood.  They might make a buck at it.

@Cyber Liberty

You missed the unstated overall point,which is the globalists don't give a damn if all the forest burns away because in "Future World",where THEY are the Masters of the Universe,we will not need much timber because the population will have been "cut back to a reasonable level",and they will all live in cement buildings close to work.

Like in the old USSR,the ONLY people who will be allowed to live outside the designated work cities will be a few trappers,a few forest rangers,and the elites in management will of course,have their body guards,aides,house staff,etc,etc,etc.

Lumbering is a blue-collar "red neck" business,and rednecks are too independent to be allowed to live in the Murika of the future. Only cogs in the machine will be allowed to live.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2020, 05:14:12 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

You missed the unstated overall point,which is the globalists don't give a damn if all the forest burns away because in "Future World",where THEY are the Masters of the Universe,we will not need much timber because the population will have been "cut back to a reasonable level",and they will all live in cement buildings close to work.

Like in the old USSR,the ONLY people who will be allowed to live outside the designated work cities will be a few trappers,a few forest rangers,and the elites in management will of course,have their body guards,aides,house staff,etc,etc,etc.

Lumbering is a blue-collar "red neck" business,and rednecks are too independent to be allowed to live in the Murika of the future. Only cogs in the machine will be allowed to live.

I didn't miss that point, I just wasn't making it.   :shrug:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online DB

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2020, 05:42:55 pm »
California has set up government so that the city dwellers set rural policy.

The city dwellers set the rules on how farmers farm, ranchers ranch and the forests are managed.

All determined by people who have no clue on how their food arrives at their table or how nature works outside their local park.

And this is the result.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2020, 05:45:56 pm »

The city dwellers set the rules on how farmers farm, ranchers ranch and the forests are managed.

All determined by people who have no clue on how their food arrives at their table or how nature works outside their local park.

And this is the result.

*FACTS*

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2020, 06:20:27 pm »

And this is the result.

How is CA's governance significantly different from other states? Other states' governors are not elected on a statewide one-person-one vote basis? Other states' legislative districts are not sized based on the basis of district population?

I agree that it is unjust that city-dwellers who are ignorant of agriculture can oppress and exploit farming/mining/rural regions of their state ( @Cyber Liberty ). I just disagree that California or "blue states" are uniquely constituted in a way that enables this.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2020, 06:35:06 pm »
How is CA's governance significantly different from other states? Other states' governors are not elected on a statewide one-person-one vote basis? Other states' legislative districts are not sized based on the basis of district population?

I agree that it is unjust that city-dwellers who are ignorant of agriculture can oppress and exploit farming/mining/rural regions of their state ( @Cyber Liberty ). I just disagree that California or "blue states" are uniquely constituted in a way that enables this.

I would not say it's unique, but a matter of degrees.  The state of California has an unusually high population all around, and that means enough legislative districts are concentrated in the cities to create one party dominance.  What makes California almost unique is the "Jungle Primaries" where both candidates in the General Election could be Democrats.  Louisiana has them too. 

I would guess the Rats did that to California the day they got a veto-proof majority in the Assembly.
I will NOT comply.

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2020, 06:38:59 pm »
To many college educated idiots making decisions the rest of us have to live with.

Our legislators, at every level, are passing laws they do not read, do not understand and have no interest in other than the money and votes that follow.

Online DB

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2020, 06:42:29 pm »

The legislature punts putting items on the ballot that they should be handling. What other state legislates via the popular vote how big a chicken coop has to be, how big a pig pen has to be, how many cattle are allowed on an acre of land, etc? They've been setting the rules via people that have no clue how any of that works. It is all based on the emotions of city dwellers. It is exceedingly stupid way to run a state. It makes California farmers and ranchers less competitive relative to those outside the state that aren't constrained by those rules.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2020, 08:24:22 pm »
Because the enviro-whackos are in charge of the climate.

DEWS...were used...again.  There are some video's out there, proving that. 

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2020, 08:25:14 pm »
To many college educated idiots making decisions the rest of us have to live with.

Our legislators, at every level, are passing laws they do not read, do not understand and have no interest in other than the money and votes that follow.

:thumbsup:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2020, 08:30:41 pm »
DEWS...were used...again.  There are some video's out there, proving that.

Hokey-tooter.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2020, 10:59:01 pm »
@roamer_1

Let's not forget controlled burns of brush and grass. The envio-whackos won't allowed controlled burns for "environmental reasons",but if you keep it burned,it doesn't grow and become a 20 foot wall of fire. The ONLY way to do this is to do it every year.
Burning off the dead stuff allows for new growth, too. I would wager the critters would rather eat new grass than that dead dry stuff that's been there for years, otherwise, they'd have eaten it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2020, 11:05:24 pm »

BTW speaking of fires, it is damn near dark as night here in Santa Cruz right now, 4 pm. Never seen anything like it.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2020, 11:05:52 pm »
The legislature punts putting items on the ballot that they should be handling. What other state legislates via the popular vote how big a chicken coop has to be, how big a pig pen has to be, how many cattle are allowed on an acre of land, etc? They've been setting the rules via people that have no clue how any of that works. It is all based on the emotions of city dwellers. It is exceedingly stupid way to run a state. It makes California farmers and ranchers less competitive relative to those outside the state that aren't constrained by those rules.
Absolutely right. The decisions should be made by people who have knowledge of the field and who will act in their interest. Ecowhackos are trying to maintain a static preservation of natural dynamic systems, something doomed to failure anyway. As for all this BS about "sustainability", farmers I have known are often working land that has been in or accumulated by generations in their families, and their interest aside from making a living is to preserve the means of production (the land and its fertility). Methods used and knowledge of the land itself (not in general,but that specific tract) have been handed down and improved on by those succeeding generations, or someone will get a shot at that when the operation fails. Those methods are similar over a broad area, perhaps, but are also unique to the varied characteristics of the land they are used on.
A one-size-fits-all requirement can only be administered successfully in the broadest sense, not down to minute specifics, or it will cause serious problems in food production, because one size does not fit all.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2020, 11:11:45 pm »
BTW speaking of fires, it is damn near dark as night here in Santa Cruz right now, 4 pm. Never seen anything like it.

We got it easy this year... a couple hazy days where you could smell the smoke... But nothing really... A couple years ago we were socked in for the entire month of august, so thick I couldn't even see the mountain I live next to. I could see my neighbor's house, in the haze, but the one's across the creek and across the road were gone. For a month.

And that is our new normal for at least a decade... After the logging and mills were shut off the decade before. Now the woods all around are so thick and brushy and full of blow downs and dead snags that it is all just a matter of time. So it will continue.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2020, 11:12:21 pm »

What the ecowhackos don't get is that even a tree has a use-by date. You either utilize that 'renewable resource' or it goes to waste. Funny how they want "efficiency" in the use of refined resources, but don't get that there is efficient use of sustainable (pardon the obligatory buzzword) natural resources.

As for the lack of water I keep hearing about, there is none. Seventy percent of the planet is covered with the stuff, it only has to  have the salts and other contaminants removed.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2020, 11:32:53 pm »
What the ecowhackos don't get is that even a tree has a use-by date. You either utilize that 'renewable resource' or it goes to waste. Funny how they want "efficiency" in the use of refined resources, but don't get that there is efficient use of sustainable (pardon the obligatory buzzword) natural resources.

Fact. I have walked through what they want... There are pockets of forest where no loggers go because it is too rugged, and where no fire can go because the trees are mature. Nothing grows under them.

But it is a fantasy to think that is the norm. Fire is part of the natural ecology. Nine times out of ten, if you leave that forest be, it will burn down in the next 20 years. That's just how it works. And I can prove it to you on millions of acres where logging has never been. Those ain't ancient trees so big around you;ll only get one butt on a logging truck. Most of em ain't 100 years old, heck most ain't 50. Even though Man ain't there, the cycle is always the same. It grows, becomes too dense, and a lightning strike sets a fire and burns it all down. Over and over, same ol song.

The problem comes where rural meets wilderness. Where forest meets town. Now you have investments on the land. you can't just let the thing burn though or a whole lot of damage will be done. Thankfully, you also have the logging industry that can mimic those fires in a more controlled fashion. Either parking vast tracts through selective cutting to produce larger more valuable trees, or by clear cutting and replanting whole tracts. This is what has kept those bad fires far away from human habitation.

The environmental whack jobs fail to see that reality, and now want natural forest right at the towns door. What they fail to understand is what happens, like what is happening to CA. You are inviting that fire to burn down everything. You are creating conditions that cannot be controlled. and suffering ensues.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2020, 11:36:17 pm »
We got it easy this year... a couple hazy days where you could smell the smoke... But nothing really... A couple years ago we were socked in for the entire month of august, so thick I couldn't even see the mountain I live next to. I could see my neighbor's house, in the haze, but the one's across the creek and across the road were gone. For a month.

And that is our new normal for at least a decade... After the logging and mills were shut off the decade before. Now the woods all around are so thick and brushy and full of blow downs and dead snags that it is all just a matter of time. So it will continue.

Haze is one thing. This is dark. Cars had headlights on at 2 pm. Right now it is dusk, I mean 8:30 pm dusk, even though the sun should still be shining. Its really weird.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2020, 11:38:01 pm »
Haze is one thing. This is dark. Cars had headlights on at 2 pm. Right now it is dusk, I mean 8:30 pm dusk, even though the sun should still be shining. Its really weird.

I know all about it. That's just about our every August.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2020, 11:46:33 pm »
Most of the men, know about DEWS. 

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

OCT 2017

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 11:48:45 pm by LegalAmerican »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2020, 12:21:52 am »
Most of the men, know about DEWS. 

Digital Electonics Warfare System?
I will NOT comply.