Author Topic: Cuomo: Trump 'better have an army' in NYC if he cuts federal funding  (Read 597 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cuomo: Trump 'better have an army' in NYC if he cuts federal funding
By John Bowden - 09/03/20 09:10 AM EDT

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) and President Trump are once again at war, this time over the president's call fr the government to review potential funding cuts for New York and other cities that have allowed "lawless" protests.

Cuomo told reporters Wednesday evening that the president was now "persona non grata" in his home state, and would need an "army" to protect himself were he to walk down the street in New York City.

"Forget bodyguards, he better have an army if he thinks he’s gonna walk down the street in New York. New Yorkers don’t want to have anything to do with him," Cuomo told reporters, according to multiple news outlets.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/514930-cuomo-trump-better-have-an-army-in-nyc-if-he-cuts-federal-funding
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

rangerrebew

Cuomo says Trump would need ‘army’ to safely walk New York City streets
New York's governor pushes back on the president's attempt to crack down on crime in liberal cities
By Caitlin McFall | Fox News

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo responded Wednesday night after President Trump threatened to pull federal funding from New York City -- as well as Washington, D.C.; Seattle, and Portland, Ore. -- as part of an effort to target “anarchist jurisdictions.”

“He can’t have enough bodyguards to walk through New York City,” Cuomo said. “Forget bodyguards, he'd better have an army if he thinks he’s going to walk down the streets in New York.

“He is persona non grata in New York City, and I think he knows that, and he'll never come back to New York, because New Yorkers will never forget how gratuitously mean he has been,” Cuomo added.

Both Cuomo, 62, and Trump, 74, are natives of the Queens borough of New York City.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cuomo-says-trump-would-need-army-to-safely-walk-new-york-city-streets

Offline Idiot

Re: Cuomo: Trump 'better have an army' in NYC if he cuts federal funding
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 01:56:08 pm »
Cuomo: Trump 'better have an army' in NYC if he cuts federal funding
By John Bowden - 09/03/20 09:10 AM EDT

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) and President Trump are once again at war, this time over the president's call fr the government to review potential funding cuts for New York and other cities that have allowed "lawless" protests.

Cuomo told reporters Wednesday evening that the president was now "persona non grata" in his home state, and would need an "army" to protect himself were he to walk down the street in New York City.

"Forget bodyguards, he better have an army if he thinks he’s gonna walk down the street in New York. New Yorkers don’t want to have anything to do with him," Cuomo told reporters, according to multiple news outlets.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/514930-cuomo-trump-better-have-an-army-in-nyc-if-he-cuts-federal-funding
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

rangerrebew

Hey, Andy baby, I'm sure the army can be arranged and will, necessarily, shut down your big city. 13859

Offline skeeter

This clown sure is desperate to deflect attention from his Covid/rest home scandal.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2020, 02:23:51 pm »
Gov Cuomo attempts to walk back perceived threat Trump ‘better have an army’ to protect him in NYC
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/09/03/gov-cuomo-attempts-to-walk-back-perceived-threat-trump-better-have-an-army-to-protect-him-in-nyc-967502
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2020, 02:31:11 pm »
Support the USO

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2020, 02:35:18 pm »
"Forget bodyguards, he better have an army if he thinks he’s gonna walk down the street in New York. New Yorkers don’t want to have anything to do with him," Cuomo told reporters,

Learn this in mob school, Tony?

"Cuomo" is a thug bloodline.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2020, 02:36:12 pm »
Dems fume as President Trump moves to halt federal funds from riot-torn, lawless cities
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2020/09/03/dems-fume-as-president-trump-moves-to-halt-federal-funds-from-riot-torn-lawless-cities-967603

Well, if Moron-Mayors won't let police do their job properly and Dumbass DAs won't prosecute crimes, why should Federal money support their refusal to do their duty?!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2020, 02:38:05 pm »
This is what has the Cuomos going to the mattresses ....

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

My Administration will do everything in its power to prevent weak mayors and lawless cities from taking Federal dollars while they let anarchists harm people, burn buildings, and ruin lives and businesses. We’re putting them on notice today. @RussVought45

8:27 PM · Sep 2, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1301315810485579776

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2020, 02:53:05 pm »
Dems fume as President Trump moves to halt federal funds from riot-torn, lawless cities
president-trump-moves-to-halt-federal-funds-from-riot-torn-lawless-cities-967603[/url]
@mystery-ak

The way this was reported last night, was, Trump said he would cut federal spending to cities who had Democrat governors.  This is Trump as I have said before.  He ran his company and looks at the United States as his company, that he owns it, and everyone in it, and owns its money and can do whatever he wants with any of it.

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2020, 03:32:11 pm »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2020, 03:44:25 pm »
This really sounds like Cuomo will put snipers on rooftops to off a President, just like LBJ.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2020, 03:51:29 pm »
@mystery-ak

The way this was reported last night, was, Trump said he would cut federal spending to cities who had Democrat governors.  This is Trump as I have said before.  He ran his company and looks at the United States as his company, that he owns it, and everyone in it, and owns its money and can do whatever he wants with any of it.

Why do you lie about a President who doesn't want my hard-earned tax dollars paid to states and cities that flout the law, squander every penny they receive and knowingly drive their cities and states into bankruptcy?  Why is it my responsibility to bail out these miscreants?  @Victoria33   Why isn't President Trump a hero?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2020, 04:07:59 pm »
FWIW, I wholly support this. Not one thin dime. No restoration dollars. If they will not DO THEIR ONLY DAMN JOB and provide law and order, then they've made their beds. They can fix it themselves.

And as an aside, remember this next time y'all say I never give Tumpy any credit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2020, 10:51:16 pm »
@mystery-ak

The technical term for that is "a crock."  Yes, the cities in question are Democrat run in states with Democrat Governors.  So what?  Correlation does NOT EQUAL causation.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2020, 10:52:43 pm »
FWIW, I wholly support this. Not one thin dime. No restoration dollars. If they will not DO THEIR ONLY DAMN JOB and provide law and order, then they've made their beds. They can fix it themselves.

And as an aside, remember this next time y'all say I never give Tumpy any credit.

I try not to forget red-letter days!  And you like Kleins, too!   :beer:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2020, 03:52:56 am »

Yep. There is nothing in the Constitution which requires the American people to subsidize gross negligence or incompetence, both of which have been on obvious display in NY for some time. Either they can get the situation under control or do without the funding from the rest of us.

It seems a little odd for a Governor to threaten a sitting US President's well being as well. I think the Secret Service should pay the man a visit.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2020, 10:35:39 pm »
MARK SIMONE
@MarkSimoneNY

Governor Cuomo was right, and not just President Trump, we all need an army to walk around New York, under his leadership crime is up 240% and shootings up 178%  He signed legislation releasing 10,000 violent criminals into the streets. What lunacy. #CuomoMustGo #MAGA

9:33 AM · Sep 5, 2020·Twitter Web App

https://twitter.com/MarkSimoneNY/status/1302238474188271617

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2020, 10:49:30 pm »
IF Trump would actually do this, I would certainly be cheering.... as it stands now, another empty promise.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....