Author Topic: Mayor of New Orleans Essentially Holding Saints Hostage  (Read 330 times)

Offline Hoodat

Mayor of New Orleans Essentially Holding Saints Hostage
« on: September 03, 2020, 02:13:30 am »
Mayor of New Orleans Essentially Holding Saints Hostage

Jay Whatley   |   September 2, 2020

The Saints will host the Green Bay Packers on September 27th. The Governor has given the green light to having fans in attendance. The Mayor says, "Not so fast".

This is one development that I certainly did not see coming. Sure, I imagined a world where mayors of cities would disagree with the State's Governor on certain things related to the pandemic, but all of those hypothetical disagreements would be due to the public's health. For instance, if the Governor gave the green light to large gatherings, just an example, I could see where mayors of some cities may step in and set local restrictions depending on how COVID-19 has/is affecting their area.  .  .  .

.  .  .  Today, New Orleans' Mayor LaToya Cantrell says she will not allow fans to be in attendance for that game, and cites a specific reason that has a lot of people upset.

No, it has nothing to do with health concerns for the fans and players. Instead, it has everything to do with money.
During a press conference, Mayor Cantrell says fans will not be permitted into the Superdome because the city of New Orleans never received their "fair share" of relief from the COVID-19 Cares Act.

https://k945.com/mayor-of-new-orleans-essentially-holding-saints-hostage/

Democrats doing what Democrats do.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Mayor of New Orleans Essentially Holding Saints Hostage
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 03:49:43 pm »
Blackmail doesn't work against this President.

It might against the NFL though, LaToya.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington