Author Topic: Noam Chomsky: Biden on climate is ‘farther to the left than any Democratic candidate in memory’  (Read 121 times)

rangerrebew

Noam Chomsky: Biden on climate is ‘farther to the left than any Democratic candidate in memory’ – Biden’s climate agenda was ‘largely written by the Sunrise Movement’

When Biden’s revised climate policy was unveiled, it was celebrated by many progressives as a real shift. Noam Chomsky declared Biden on climate as “farther to the left than any Democratic candidate in memory,” because, he said, the agenda was “largely written by the Sunrise Movement and strongly endorsed by the leading activists on climate change.”

Chomsky on Biden's Green New Deal: "Take Biden's campaign positions. Farther to the left than any Democratic candidate in memory on things like climate. It's far better than anything that preceded it. Not because Biden had a personal conversion or the DNC had some great insight, but because they're being hammered on by activists coming out of the Sanders movement and others."

"I'm not much interested in his personality. I don't have any opinion. I'm interested in how things get done. And the way things get done is not by Biden having a religious conversion and saying, 'Oh, we've got to really work on the climate.' That's not what happened. The DNC probably hates the program, but they have no choice, because their popular base is not only demanding it, but is working constantly, hard, to force them to do it. That's politics. Not the personality of leaders. I don't know what's in his mind. I don't care, frankly."

https://www.climatedepot.com/2020/09/01/noam-chomsky-biden-on-climate-is-farther-to-the-left-than-any-democratic-candidate-in-memory-bidens-climate-agenda-was-largely-written-by-the-sunrise-movement/[/url]
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 05:18:09 pm by rangerrebew »

rangerrebew

« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 05:18:48 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline LMAO

If there’s any doubt that Biden is simply a puppet and a disguise to put a moderate face  to the public  but push far left policies, this should remove any doubt
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy