Author Topic: NYC passes grim gun-violence milestone as shootings top 1,000 for the year  (Read 313 times)

rangerrebew

NYC passes grim gun-violence milestone as shootings top 1,000 for the year

By Craig McCarthy and Larry Celona

August 31, 2020 | 1:03pm | Updated

The city surpassed 1,000 shootings for the year on Sunday, according to NYPD data, which also shows an average of nearly 10 people fell victim to gun violence each day over the last four weeks.

With four more months left in 2020, New York City logged 1,004 shootings as of Aug. 30, according to NYPD data released Monday. Last year, there had been just 537 by that time.

It is the first time the city has eclipsed the benchmark in gun violence since 2015, when 1,138 shootings were recorded for the entire year.

“Mr. Mayor, it is time to stop calling New York the safest big city,” a Brooklyn cop quipped to The Post.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/31/nyc-passes-grim-milestone-with-over-1000-shootings-in-2020/

rangerrebew

Re: NYC passes grim gun-violence milestone as shootings top 1,000 for the year
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2020, 11:06:30 am »
I guess de Blasio hasn't gotten rid of enough cops yet to make the city safe. :facepalm2:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2020, 11:16:00 am »
NYC passes grim gun-violence milestone as shootings top 1,000 for the year

By Craig McCarthy and Larry Celona

August 31, 2020 | 1:03pm | Updated

@rangerrebew

IF they had the common sense necessary to get in out of the rain,and IF they REALLY wanted to reduce crime,they would be GIVING guns to ghetto rats instead of trying to take them away from white suburbanites.

Probably 90 percent of those deaths are black on black shootings,as one criminal is killing another criminal over turf,reputation,or ho's.

See where I am going with this?

Let the trash take itself out.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2020, 06:15:19 pm »
But...but...but....  my liberal cousin that lives in NYC says everything is just rosy there.  He says people are eating out on patios and the birds are chirping and life is just grand....LOL.  Guess he has rose colored glasses on....

@mrpotatohead

Call me naive if you want,but I suspect the standard level of police protection is MUCH better in some neighborhoods than others.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline EdinVA

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2020, 06:36:54 pm »
But NYC has the strongest gun laws in the country....
Background checks, fingerprint cards, permits required...
This must be fake news...