Author Topic: Freshman Texas Republican Chip Roy tries to hold House seat against Democrat Wendy Davis  (Read 270 times)

Offline corbe

Freshman Texas Republican Chip Roy tries to hold House seat against Democrat Wendy Davis

by David Mark, Senior Editor
September 01, 2020 04:43 PM

Rep. Chip Roy is betting that the Texas electorate hasn't changed that much.

Democrats contend that shifting demographics in the Lone Star State and a favorable political environment nationally can help them beat up to seven House Republicans in Texas. That's including Roy, 48, who was first elected in 2018 to a district running from north of San Antonio to the state capital of Austin.

Roy faces former state Sen. Wendy Davis, a one-time doyenne of the Left in Texas whose political stock dropped considerably after losing the 2014 governor's race in a landslide. Davis is seeking a political comeback against Roy, as the campaign of Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden is running competitively in Texas and GOP Sen. John Cornyn faces a tougher-than-expected race against Afghanistan War veteran M.J. Hegar.

<..snip..>

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/freshman-republican-chip-roy-tries-to-hold-house-seat-against-democrat-wendy-davis
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Wish I could vote for him but his District lies 1 mile away across the Interstate.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Wish I could vote for him but his District lies 1 mile away across the Interstate.
He will take a check.  I know, I sent him two of them.

And I am in Gohmert's district.  Louie does not need the money as he has us.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington