Author Topic: Bronx district attorney recommends dismissing summonses given to hundreds of protesters  (Read 286 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Bronx district attorney recommends dismissing summonses given to hundreds of protesters
By John Bowden - 09/01/20 03:08 PM EDT

The district attorney for Bronx County, New York announced Tuesday that her office would recommend that charges be dropped for more than 300 protesters who were arrested during a protest in the borough in response to the death of George Floyd, a Black man who was killed during an encounter with Minneapolis police.

District Attorney Darcel Clark (D) said in a statement that her office would file a motion to dismiss "more than 300 summonses" issued for curfew violations during the demonstrations on June 4, explaining that she saw "no purpose" in prosecuting low-level curfew violations as a result of a protest.

“I believe in and encourage our Bronx residents to raise their voices to protest social and racial injustice in a peaceful way. I said back in June that I would not prosecute protestors simply for violating the curfew. While my Office does not prosecute summonses, I will file a motion with the court to dismiss theses summonses, which were issued June 4 in the Mott Haven section, in the interest of justice. The people who received these summonses are due back in court on them on October 2, 2020," Clark said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/514650-bronx-district-attorney-recommends-dismissing-summonses-given-to
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
What's the point in arresting them?

About the only "criminal" who risks being arrested and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law there is the "white racist" who says the wrong thing about blacks or Hispanics...

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

A complete slap to businesses targeted by rioters and destroyed, to those assaulted by them, to all of us for the public property they destroyed, and most of all, to all the police who suffered from them.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
'Catch and Release' with criminals is never a good idea.  **nononono*

But this is why police are leaving NYC in droves.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis