General Category > Sports/Entertainment/MSM/Social Media

NBA Playoff Ratings Crash by 23%, Lowest Watched in 5 Years

<< < (2/4) > >>

libertybele:
Good...when it start hitting the wallets of the players and sponsors perhaps they make think twice.  It may take awhile, but it'll happen.

jmyrlefuller:

--- Quote from: dfwgator on September 07, 2020, 04:43:48 pm ---And you would think with the dearth of live sports on TV, and people stuck at home, ratings should be much higher.

--- End quote ---
People have been outside enjoying the summer weather. Summer has always been the least-watched part of the TV season.

The NBA, MLB, and NHL made the miscalculation of assuming people would be so desperate for live sports that they'd watch it even in August (this was particularly laughable for hockey). But people are stir-crazy from having nothing to do during the spring. They don't want to watch TV.

I caught a few highlights from all three when I saw SportsCenter on the TV at a tavern where I was eating breakfast yesterday. As a TV product, it was surprisingly well-shot. They moved it to a smaller TV-friendly venue. But baseball doesn't have that benefit; the empty stands are chilling, and it's difficult to watch.

mountaineer:

--- Quote from: corbe on September 06, 2020, 08:55:05 pm ---   I LIKE James Wood but using James Harden as a Poster Boy for the politicization of the NBA is Flat Wrong. 
   Harden is the epitome of the 'shut up and dribble' movement~Not Political AT ALL.
--- End quote ---
LeBoring James is the most obnoxious of the social justice warriors, I'd say. Curious that Bronnie isn't wearing one of the BLM slogans on his jersey, though (e.g., black lives matter, say their names, education reform, peace, etc.). I guess he doesn't want his glorious name to share the limelight with anything.

mountaineer:
NBA Donates $300 Million to BLM and the Democrat Party’s Pockets — Now Wants to Set Up Polling Places Which May Be Illegal
By Joe Hoft
Published September 8, 2020 at 9:34am
--- Quote ---There is no room for diversity of thought in the National Basketball Association.

The Party and its 2020 candidates have never publicly denounced the associated looting, rioting, and wholesale violence. The Democratic National Committee actively uses the BLM movement to solicit for donations. BLM is the de facto wing of the party, and Antifa is BLM’s alter ego.

The NBA has caved into the mob mentality and hyperactive player activism by becoming a promoter of the Black Lives Matter movement and is donating $300 million. The NBA collaborates with local BLM organizations and claims its actions are about non-partisan policy reform (an unlikely story).  ...

Now the latest NBA marketing strategy is to use sixteen arenas as mega polling places for early and election day voting ostensibly for social distancing.

The mega-sites’ early election will unfold with the parquet courts decorated with the Black Lives Matter logo, painted murals, and hanging BLM banners to virtue signal the NBA’s support. NBA will be doing voter promos. BLM supporters will be loitering around the arenas wearing slogan T-Shirts, carrying signs, and handing out literature. Players will be putting in appearances at the stadiums for fan selfies and autographs to get out the vote.  By promoting BLM, it directly benefits the Democratic Party candidates. However, by their overt actions, the NBA teams may be violating most state election laws addressing loitering and electioneering.  ...

--- End quote ---
More at Gateway Pundit

goatprairie:
I see my Bucks went down to another ignominious playoff defeat.
That's what you get when you put most of your energy into virtue-signaling instead of concentrating on winning games.
I didn't watch one minute.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version