Author Topic: Biden tries to blame Trump for Democrat-run cities’ unrest  (Read 236 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Biden tries to blame Trump for Democrat-run cities’ unrest
« on: September 01, 2020, 11:26:57 am »
Biden tries to blame Trump for Democrat-run cities’ unrest
NY Post, Aug 31, 2020, Michael Goodwin

<snip>

To combat Trump’s claim that electing Biden would give free reign to lawlessness — a claim that has been resonating among swing-state voters — the Democrat tried to turn the tables and pin all the blame on the president, saying:  “He can’t stop the violence because for years he’s fomented it.” And “he’s not been part of the solution thus far. He’s part of the problem.” 

As trial balloons go, this one is made of lead. It won’t fly.

[...]

The problem with the witches’ brew he concocted is that the ingredients don’t go together. The most obvious contradiction is that virtually all these cities engulfed in destabilizing turmoil are in blue states and are run by Democratic mayors.

Trump has offered to send in federal help and the mayors have generally said no.

Similarly, Democratic mayors preside over the cities at the heart of the racial fires involving allegations of police misconduct. If there are bad cops on their forces, why didn’t the mayors supporting Biden remove them?

That’s just one of the logical problems with the argument, but Biden is not appealing to logic, only to the erogenous zones of anti-Trumpers. Nothing turns them on like another excuse to justify their hate for the president and now they have one.

More:  https://nypost.com/2020/08/31/biden-tries-to-blame-trump-for-democrat-run-cities-unrest-goodwin/

« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 11:31:35 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Re: Biden tries to blame Trump for Democrat-run cities’ unrest
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 11:28:54 am »
FTA

Moreover, Biden’s attempt to blame the president for the violence undercuts his condemnation of that violence. Giving the rioters an excuse basically gives them a pass. And how, pray tell, is Trump responsible for riots that were started and continue with the goal of ending his presidency?

Online rustynail

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 11:31:52 am »
Blaming Trump reminds me of an abuser saying 'see what you made me do'.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2020, 12:50:45 pm »
"Trump caused all this violence. Do I look like someone who enables rioters?"

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2020, 06:06:14 pm »
Rep. Jim Jordan
@Jim_Jordan

The last time voters elected a Republican mayor:

Seattle - 1964
Minneapolis - 1957
Portland - 1952
Chicago -  1927
Washington, D.C. - NEVER

But Democrats want to blame President Trump for crime in these cities?

6:50 PM · Aug 31, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

https://twitter.com/Jim_Jordan/status/1300566749792829440

Online LMAO

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2020, 06:16:41 pm »
 They’re all claiming that Trump’s  rhetoric over the years is what caused this. That’s not going to sell but  let’s say you wanted to make that case. Well, then a few questions would have to be asked.

Was it Trump’s rhetoric that made the Democrat mayors and governors call off law-enforcement to let the rioters have free reign?

Was it Trump’s rhetoric that made people like Kamala Harris push for bail for those that were rioting only to have them go out and commit crimes again?

Was it Trump’s  rhetoric that made them either ignore or even give shout outs to those that are rioting and looting  only to now mention it because the voters are blaming them?

Was it Trump’s  rhetoric that made these Democrat mayors and governors refuse federal assistance?

Panic and desperation makes people illogical

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2020, 08:26:36 pm »
For Hariss found out to be raising bail  money for these types.

Angela Davis=Harris

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2020, 08:44:08 pm »
They’re all claiming that Trump’s  rhetoric over the years is what caused this. That’s not going to sell but  let’s say you wanted to make that case. Well, then a few questions would have to be asked.

Was it Trump’s rhetoric that made the Democrat mayors and governors call off law-enforcement to let the rioters have free reign?

Was it Trump’s rhetoric that made people like Kamala Harris push for bail for those that were rioting only to have them go out and commit crimes again?

Was it Trump’s  rhetoric that made them either ignore or even give shout outs to those that are rioting and looting  only to now mention it because the voters are blaming them?

Was it Trump’s  rhetoric that made these Democrat mayors and governors refuse federal assistance?

Panic and desperation makes people illogical
Even if that were true we’re screwed anyway, sharing the nation with so many emotionally unstable children.

BTW has anyone thought to ask that old commie crank Bernie Sanders how he feels about the riots?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 08:45:11 pm by skeeter »