Author Topic: Sen. Ted Cruz says chances for another stimulus package before Election Day are unlikely  (Read 339 times)

Online libertybele

Sen. Ted Cruz says chances for another stimulus package before Election Day are unlikely

AUSTIN — The chances of Congress approving another stimulus package for industries and local governments still reeling from the fallout of coronavirus have evaporated as the political attention turns to the November elections, U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz told a business panel Monday.

Cruz said that while the twin crises of coronavirus and massive job losses earlier this year were met by what he called "broad bipartisan agreement." But that since has faded as many in Congress reverted to their usual partisan camps, he added.

"I think we are in a very different space than we were in March and April and May,"  the second-term Republican who is not up for election this cycle told a virtual meeting hosted by the United Corpus Christi Chamber of Commerce. "I am skeptical about anything being passed between now and November."

Cruz faulted Democratic Speaker Nancy Pelosi for the impasse between Democratic House and the Republican-controlled Senate....

https://www.caller.com/story/news/local/texas/state-bureau/2020/08/31/cruz-unity-early-days-pandemic-fades-election-nears/5678256002/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online rustynail

Wait just a minute.  Where is My 1200 dollars?

Online libertybele

Wait just a minute.  Where is My 1200 dollars?

....hmm ..... in the mail --- but with all the mail-in votes -- likely not to make it to you.  :shrug:  happy77
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline montanajoe

The Dims will use this as campaign issue. Elect us and you will get your stimulus and more. Elect Trump and the heartless GOP and they will let you starve.... :shrug: