Author Topic: Jemele Hill: ‘Why Should a Country That Doesn’t Value Black Lives Get to Be Entertained by Black Ath  (Read 868 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Warner Todd Huston28 Aug 20202,419
4:49

On Thursday, Atlantic writer and former ESPN host Jemele Hill insisted that black athletes should stop “entertaining” America because the country does not “value black lives.”

Hill pushed the calumny in her August 27 column where she praised the decision of the NBA to cancel this week’s games in response to the police-involved shooting of Wisconsin man Jacob Blake.

Jemele Hill
@jemelehill
Why should a country that doesn’t value black lives get to be entertained by black athletes? My column for @TheAtlantic on the NBA work stoppage that brought sports to a halt

more
https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2020/08/28/jemele-hill-why-should-a-country-that-doesnt-value-black-lives-get-to-be-entertained-by-black-athletes/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rustynail

Good idea.  Go away.  We will get by somehow.

Online libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Fine with me.  Really, it is.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I would miss the off the field/court stuff though.   Shooting yourself in the leg while enjoying a few bottles of Cristal and Remy and coke with your homies. Drug arrests.  Or when the baby mommies burning down your mansion and my favorite, punching a hoe out in an elevator.   

Good stuff.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

I would miss the off the field/court stuff though.   Shooting yourself in the leg while enjoying a few bottles of Cristal and Remy and coke with your homies. Drug arrests.  Or when the baby mommies burning down your mansion and my favorite, punching a hoe out in an elevator.   

Good stuff.

Say Breonna Taylor!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
What does this dumbass think will happen to the majority of those Black athletes who have no other skills when they no longer get paid? Personally I think the best thing that could happen is for athletes, actors and other 'talent' that thinks the world revolves around them and what they think is a couple of years of shunning.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What does this dumbass think will happen to the majority of those Black athletes who have no other skills when they no longer get paid? Personally I think the best thing that could happen is for athletes, actors and other 'talent' that thinks the world revolves around them and what they think is a couple of years of shunning.

I'm pretty sure they think they should and will get paid anyway. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Why don't they just pack up and go perform in China?

Their allegiance appears to be there and am sure the Chicoms would treat them fairly.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
OK. Let's go back to the days of George Preston Marshall, Kennesaw Mountain Landis and all-white major league sports. Oh, that's not what you meant?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline mountaineer

She really is dumb as a pile of rocks. She seems to believe white folks 1) very deeply care what color entertainers are, and 2) won't be able to go on with our lives if those guys stop entertaining us.

When I cared about the NFL, the fact that "my team" was around 75% black was irrelevant. Just play. Catch the pass, score the touchdown, win the games. Now, of course, the NFL - like MLB and the NBA - are pretty much dead to me, skin tone of the performers notwithstanding.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I agree.

There has to be tire stores all over the country that could use big,strong guys like that.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I agree.

There has to be tire stores all over the country that could use big,strong guys like that.

"Well, ditches need digging, too!"
I will NOT comply.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
She really is dumb as a pile of rocks. She seems to believe white folks 1) very deeply care what color entertainers are, and 2) won't be able to go on with our lives if those guys stop entertaining us.

When I cared about the NFL, the fact that "my team" was around 75% black was irrelevant. Just play. Catch the pass, score the touchdown, win the games. Now, of course, the NFL - like MLB and the NBA - are pretty much dead to me, skin tone of the performers notwithstanding.

All three of the large-scale sports decided to hit the swirlies at the same time. 
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
All three of the large-scale sports decided to hit the swirlies at the same time.
Don't forget the NHL.   They have become the latest to the "Wokening".

Offline Idiot

To really be fair about this...shouldn't the NFL & NBA be adding lighter skin players to their rosters to more closely fit the makeup of our society?  It seems the lighter skin players should be the ones protesting. 

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Don't forget the NHL.   They have become the latest to the "Wokening".

It's not one of the "Big Three," and they've assured they won't ever be.  And I'll be DAMNED if I ever watch Soccer.
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

And I'll be DAMNED if I ever watch Soccer.

You mean that activity where if someone gets touched they immediately fall to the ground and pretend to be dying?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

You mean that activity where if someone gets touched they immediately fall to the ground and pretend to be dying?

That's the one, sorta like Basketball in that regard.  Hell, Polo is more interesting to watch. 

Hey!  Didja know that Polo and Jai alai are the only sports where everybody has to be right-handed?  Fact.
I will NOT comply.

Offline mountaineer

I never watched NASCAR or NHL, so their newfound wokeness is irrelevant.

Today I've watched a little of the Tour de France and PGA. The LPGA is on later this evening.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I never watched NASCAR or NHL, so their newfound wokeness is irrelevant.

Today I've watched a little of the Tour de France and PGA. The LPGA is on later this evening.

I find those too boring to watch.  I'm not a big sports fan....never was.  I liked Baseball enough to watch all the games on TeeBee because Mrs. Liberty is a Baseball fan.  Her first year with me, the DBacks won the World Series.
I will NOT comply.

Offline mountaineer

I'm an avid (albeit mediocre) golfer, so I enjoy watching it - for a couple of hours, anyway.

Online Wingnut

I like sports where you can take a family of four to watch and not have to get a second mortgage to pay for it.  So that doesn't leave much unless you are into the Rodeo, Curling, and the Shooting sports. 

Offline Axeslinger

I like sports where you can take a family of four to watch and not have to get a second mortgage to pay for it.  So that doesn't leave much unless you are into the Rodeo, Curling, and the Shooting sports.

@Wingnut
Give lacrosse a try, college or pro. (Disclaimer...I’m biased, my kid will be playing D2 next year.)
"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline LegalAmerican

Good stuff.

:thumbsup:

So many OPPRESSED, MULTI MILLIONAIRES...I should be so oppressed.  IDIOTS