Author Topic: Trump grants pardon to Alice Johnson day after convention speech  (Read 288 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump grants pardon to Alice Johnson day after convention speech
By Brett Samuels - 08/28/20 02:46 PM EDT

President Trump on Friday signed a full pardon for Alice Johnson, whose life sentence for nonviolent offenses he had previously commuted.

"That means you can do whatever you want in life and just keep doing the great job you're doing," Trump told reporters in the Oval Office.

The pardon comes just one day after Trump accepted his party's nomination from the South Lawn of the White House.

Trump credited Johnson with highlighting the stories of others who have been harshly sentenced.

Johnson fought back tears as she sat beside Trump. The two bowed their heads in prayer, and Trump did not take any questions before reporters were shuffled out of the room.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/514168-trump-grants-pardon-to-alice-johnson
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Trump grants pardon to Alice Johnson day after convention speech
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 08:09:35 pm »
I saw this on the Teebee.  After he finished signing it, he handed it to her and said "Here, you take this sweetheart!"  Then a prayer was spoken, and the reporters went bye-bye.  She held it tight to her chest as tears came to her eyes.

She was sentenced to life for a drug conspiracy charge, under the strict law Biteme sponsored and Bubba Clinton signed.  She served, I think, 20 and is now a Prison Reform advocate.  Friend of Kim Kardashion.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 09:24:21 pm »
This action, the pardon and commutation finally proves, without a shadow of a doubt, that Trump is a Racist. :smokin:

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2020, 09:27:28 pm »
This action, the pardon and commutation finally proves, without a shadow of a doubt, that Trump is a Racist. :smokin:

You’ll be pleased to know CNN agrees.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2020, 09:47:20 pm »
You’ll be pleased to know CNN agrees.

MSNBC too! 

:beer:

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.