Author Topic: Sheila Jackson Lee presses Congress to pass reparations bill at DC march  (Read 547 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sheila Jackson Lee presses Congress to pass reparations bill at DC march
By James Bikales - 08/28/20 01:35 PM EDT

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) on Friday used her speech at a march in Washington to call on Congress to pass her bill to study paying reparations to Black Americans.

“I understand the words of — Dr. Martin Luther King said that the Negro people have been given a bad check — a check which has come to be marked ‘insufficient funds,’” she said. “Today we stop the insufficient funds, and we put money in the bank, because we’ve got to heal this nation.”

“We will not stop until the nation knows Black Lives Matter, and reparations are passed as the most significant civil rights legislation of the 21st century,” Jackson Lee added.

Friday’s march, organized by civil rights activist the Rev. Al Sharpton and his National Action Network, marks the 57th anniversary of the 1963 March on Washington and Martin Luther King Jr.’s iconic “I Have a Dream” speech.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/514155-sheila-jackson-lee-presses-congress-to-pass-reparations-bill-at-dc-march
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Were the Dems dumb enough to include a call for "reparations" in their platform?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Were the Dems dumb enough to include a call for "reparations" in their platform?

I'm entitled to hope they did.  I still think we should pay reparations in Confederate dollars.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Don't know if the 'festivities' for MLK are complete, but it's thundering and lightening here...just 30 minutes by car from the D.C. line.

Hope they get a little damp.    happy77
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

Reparations was only found in this one statement.

2020 Democratic Party Platform

https://www.demconvention.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/2020-07-31-Democratic-Party-Platform-For-Distribution.pdf

We believe Black lives matter, and will establish a national commission to examine the lasting economic effects of slavery, Jim Crow segregation, and racially discriminatory federal policies on income, wealth, educational, health, and employment outcomes; to pursue truth and promote racial healing; and to study reparations. We must acknowledge that there can be no realization of the American dream without grappling with the lasting effects of slavery, and facing up to the centuries-long campaign of violence, fear, and trauma wrought upon Black Americans

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Reparations was only found in this one statement.

2020 Democratic Party Platform

https://www.demconvention.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/2020-07-31-Democratic-Party-Platform-For-Distribution.pdf

And that's why the Bernie Bros voted as a bloc against the platform.  Fact.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

I don't see a lot of masks or "social distancing."

A

tweeter opines:
Meanwhile Dems are encouraging the highest risk poc do go out in huge masses to get cases to spike again so they can continue to blame Trump And hurt our country

How about it, Al Charlatan?
 :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

They don't need a reparations bill.  They can sue in court for breach of the 1865 '40 Acres' agreement and win easily.  Except that the federal government isn't liable.  The Democrat Party is.  They were the ones who breached the agreement.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

They don't need a reparations bill.  They can sue in court for breach of the 1865 '40 Acres' agreement and win easily.  Except that the federal government isn't liable.  The Democrat Party is.  They were the ones who breached the agreement.

Global warming, Covid, racism - their answer for everything is always the same: blow up the economy. Makes you wonder if they are being entirely honest about their intentions. :pondering:

I heard there is a proposal being circulated suggesting for 12 trillion for reparations.

Offline Hoodat

Re: Sheila Jackson Lee presses Congress to pass reparations bill at DC march
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2020, 09:09:29 pm »
I heard there is a proposal being circulated suggesting for 12 trillion for reparations.

I don't have a problem with $12 trillion as long as the entity legally responsible pays it - the Democrat Party.  It was the Democrats who reneged on the federal agreement.  It is the Democrat Party alone that is liable.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2020, 05:10:24 am »
We have paid 17 trillion in welfare since LBJ.  What do they think that is?  BESIDES BLACK BUSINESS MEN USED BLACK & white slaves.  The tribes men in Africa, need to pay reparations.  They are who SOLD...their slaves, to slave traders.  One was a black man named CIRQUE.  Then Anthony Johnson, a black man, started 'slavery' as we know it in America about 1630's.  I want my reparations, from MILLIONS OF WHITE CHRISTIANS that were slaves, by BLACK muslim's at BARBARY COAST. 

None of these congress people know their OWN HISTORY.  I like the idea of one person on here?  I will pay reparations, to anyone unhappy here, if they go back to Africa, with the condition, they CANNOT RETURN.  GHANA has put out advertisements for their people to, come back to their roots.  Instant citizenship for them.  They will NEVER be happy here. 

Offline LegalAmerican

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2020, 05:38:29 am »
Everybody's race were slaves at one time.  We just don't complain and keep whining.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline LegalAmerican

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2020, 05:52:53 am »
Free blacks who owned black slaves.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2020, 06:32:01 am »
Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) on Friday used her speech at a march in Washington to call on Congress to pass her bill to study paying reparations to Black Americans.

I might be willing to chip in a few bucks if she would promise to wear my collar and lease when I take her for a walk,and bark to let me know when she needs to go outside.

The upside for her,is I would be more than happy to let her chase cars and run out into the road.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!