Author Topic: NBA announces plan to convert arenas into polling places as part of agreement to resume play  (Read 329 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NBA announces plan to convert arenas into polling places as part of agreement to resume play
By Marina Pitofsky - 08/28/20 02:03 PM EDT

The NBA and the National Basketball Players Association (NBPA) announced a plan on Friday to return to the league’s playoffs, as well as a commitment to convert some arena facilities into in-person voting locations during the 2020 general election.

NBPA Executive Director Michele Roberts and NBA Commissioner Adam Silver said in joint statement that the league will return to playoff games on Saturday “with the understanding that” players and the league will focus on a slate of civil and voting rights programs. 

The leaders said that in every city where the league’s franchise controls arena property “team governors will continue to work with local elections officials to convert the facility into a voting location for the 2020 general election to allow for a safe in-person voting option for communities vulnerable to COVID.”

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/514161-nba-announces-plan-to-convert-venues-into-polling-places-as
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rustynail

Places that only accept democrat votes?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
What a stupid idea.  Which explains why No Bimbos Allowed jumped for it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

Compromising with thugs yields more thuggery.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
How many of those arenas are anywhere near residential areas? I wonder if this is part of plan for the democrats to buss in a particular type of voter that would be hugely beneficial to them.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
How many of those arenas are anywhere near residential areas? I wonder if this is part of plan for the democrats to buss in a particular type of voter that would be hugely beneficial to them.

Stuffing a couple thousand people into indoor venues, while simultaneously closing Churches because COVID-19, comes across as a bit non compos mentis.

ETA:  In Phoenix, the Basketball venue is in the middle of a large tract of Industrial zoning.  As with games, people have to come in from all over the Valley.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 09:40:17 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
My plan is to always stay at least 25 miles distant from the game locations of both the Lost Angeles Lakers and the Lost Angeles Clippers.  (Nice buildings, shitty neighborhoods)

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln