Author Topic: 'I'm driven by competition' — What it takes to become the Air Force's top fighter pilot  (Read 256 times)

rangerrebew

'I'm driven by competition' — What it takes to become the Air Force's top fighter pilot

David Roza
    17 hours ago

Most Air Force fighter squadrons take months to train for a deployment. But when Maj. Brady “Fuel” Augustin was ordered on a no-notice deployment in response to Iran's ballistic missile attack on U.S. forces in Iraq earlier this year, he had to spin all the way up ASAP.

It was a tall order, but Augustin, who is chief of weapons and tactics for the 31st Operations Support Squadron at Aviano Air Base in Italy, passed the test with flying colors.

“The no-notice deployment consisted of aircraft and personnel departing Aviano Air Base within 9 days, and our F-16 fighters completing the first combat sortie within 14 days,” Julie Scott, a spokesperson for Aviano Air Base, told Task & Purpose. “Augustin's leadership of personnel to plan and execute the full spectrum of training at home was implemented and successfully executed during combat missions."

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/air-force-fighter-pilot-award

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
'I'm driven by competition'

WOW! THERE is a surprise!

Guess nobody taught him that competition is evil because it disallows equality in status.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!