Author Topic: SpaceX Starship will launch from Super Heavy Class Spaceports at Sea  (Read 819 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
TESMANIAN by Evelyn Arevalo August 24, 2020

SpaceX is building a “21st Century Spaceport” in South Texas at a village along the border of Mexico called Boca Chica Beach. The founder and Chief Engineer at SpaceX Elon Musk says the small sunny beach is the “Gateway to Mars”. He envisions a future where humans are a multi-planet species living in a spacefaring civilization. - “The main reason I am personally accumulating assets is in order to fund this,” Musk said, “I really do not have any other motivation for personally accumulating assets except to be able to make the biggest contribution I can to making life multi-planetary.”

His aerospace company is working hard towards developing the Starship spacecraft that will launch hundreds of humans to the Red Planet one day. SpaceX targets to launch the first Starship to Mars as soon as 2022, and the first crewed voyage until 2024. Musk hopes that by 2050 thousands of humans could live sustainably on the Martian surface. He would like to make trips to Mars available to everyone, "Needs to be such that anyone can go if they want, with loans available for those who don't have money. There will be a lot of jobs on Mars!" he said.

Starship is currently under development at Boca Chica’s assembly facility and multiple prototypes are undergoing testing one after the other at a launch pad that is under construction. Early this month, engineers successfully launched and landed a Starship test vehicle and are ready to launch a second one as soon as this weekend.

More: https://www.tesmanian.com/blogs/tesmanian-blog/starship-spaceport-x

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1