Author Topic: Was the Sun Once Part of a Pair?  (Read 632 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Was the Sun Once Part of a Pair?
« on: August 25, 2020, 02:08:22 am »
Modemworld  by Inara Pey 8/24/2020

Was the Sun Once Part of a Pair?

A theory published in the Astrophysical Journal Letters on August 18th, 2020, dips into the theory that the Sun was once part of a binary pair.

The theory itself isn’t new: the Sun was one of a number of stars formed around the same time in the “local cluster”, and so may well have been twinned with another early in its life, before the gravitational influences of other stars in the cluster forced them apart. In fact, in 2018, astronomers from the Instituto de Astrofísica e Ciências do Espaço in Portugal announced they may have discovered it in the form of star HD 186302, some 184 light-years away – although this has yet to be proven.

In the new publication, scientists from Harvard University point to the Oort cloud – a complex combination of a ring of icy planetesimals (the Hills Cloud) and a larger, more distant sphere of such objects, both of which lie beyond the heliosphere, as indicative that the Sun once had a companion.

Conventional thinking has it that the Oort cloud formed from debris left over from the formation of the solar system and its neighbours. However, models designed to show this have been unable to produce the expected ratio between scattered disk objects within the Hills cloud and outer Oort cloud objects. But if a relatively close stellar companion is introduced to the mix, modelling the formation of the Oort cloud elements and the distribution of objects within them becomes clearer, the paper’s authors claim.  Not only that: it may actually help explain how life on Earth started.

More: https://modemworld.me/2020/08/24/space-sunday-the-suns-twin-going-to-the-moon-spacex/

Offline Hoodat

Re: Was the Sun Once Part of a Pair?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2020, 02:21:23 am »
Double Sun Power

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 02:35:21 am »
Jupiter is a gaseous protosun, it just failed to ignite.
I have read scientific articles which postulate that it may be possible to 'light it up' some time in the future.
(not that we would ever do that)
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2020, 03:01:29 am »
Was Saturn the original Sun?

Ancient mythology …

Was Saturn the Sun in ancient times? Or seen in history and mythology skies as a Sun like object?

The Saturn Theory, comparative mythology and the Thunderbolts Electric Universe theory suggest that Saturn may have been our first Sun or was at least associated as a Sun

https://www.everythingselectric.com/saturn-sun/
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley