Author Topic: Scott Peterson's death sentence in murder of pregnant wife overturned by California Supreme Court  (Read 456 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Scott Peterson's death sentence in murder of pregnant wife overturned by California Supreme Court
Laci Peterson and their unborn son, Conner, were killed over 15 years ago

By Barnini Chakraborty | Fox News

The California Supreme Court on Monday overturned the death penalty sentence for Scott Peterson, convicted in the Christmas Eve murder of his pregnant wife, Laci, and their unborn son, Conner.

The court's decision came more than 15 years after Laci, a Modesto, Calif., school teacher, was killed. Investigators said Peterson dumped his wife's body from his fishing boat into the San Francisco Bay in 2002. The bodies of Laci and Conner surfaced months later.

While the murder conviction against Peterson stayed in place, the court ordered a new penalty phase trial.

"Peterson contends his trial was flawed for multiple reasons, beginning with the unusual amount of pretrial publicity that surrounded the case," the court found. "We reject Peterson's claim that he received an unfair trial as to guilt and thus affirm his convictions for murder."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/us/scott-petersons-death-sentence-in-murder-of-pregnant-wife-overturned-by-california-supreme-court
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

When was the last time any convicted murderer was executed in California? I hope no one was waiting for it to happen to this guy.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
This ruling will have no bearing whatsoever as to how or when Peterson dies in California.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The bodies of Laci and Conner surfaced months later.

Say WHAT??????

Is someone trying to tell me there are no hungry fish or crabs in the ocean,and that rotten meat won't just rot away and disappear due to tidal pull over a period of months?

Somebody pull my finger.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
California once recalled SC Justice Rose Bird, and once recalled Gov. Gray Davis.

Perhaps coming to your state.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln