Author Topic: Fmr RNC Chair Michael Steele to Trump Supporters: ‘You’re Stupid, You’re Getting Played’  (Read 2022 times)

Offline skeeter

Fmr RNC Chair Michael Steele to Trump Supporters: ‘You’re Stupid, You’re Getting Played’

Compared to WHAT?

Whats the alternative - ask forgiveness from the establishment party and beg them to lead us again? Vote for Biden?

Roll into a ball and await the Big Luau?

Honestly some folks just don't make no kinda sense.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 11:34:51 pm by skeeter »

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
This would be the miracle we need, @libertybele.

People decide they have had enough BS and DESTROY that ilk from the roots to the tip.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
For the Democrat party  Kamala
Heels Up is the new Magic non Negro
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Whats the alternative - ask forgiveness from the establishment party and beg them to lead us again? Vote for Biden?

The Big Luau is coming no matter your position.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline skeeter

The Big Luau is coming no matter your position.

Probably correct but until then I'll continue to try working within the system.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Probably correct but until then I'll continue to try working within the system.

Just like me. Just like @roamer_1. Just like millions of others.

The only quandary I have is who to shoot first?

And that reminds me of a time I and my dad were fixin' to go elk hunting. I asked him how many we were gonna try and get?

He said I don't care I just want to get my hands bloody.

Online roamer_1

If you want a peaceful out, the only way forward is to throw the bastards out. I know that seems wrong, because you are worried about today... But that is ALWAYS the condition. That is ALWAYS why one votes for the lesser evil.

It only makes sense to break the chain. STOP supporting that which you should rightly oppose. The more you vote *FOR* a thing, the more you'll get. What you endorse is all you can control. So stop worrying about the ground 'over there' and start worrying about the ground you're standing upon... Because while you are worrying about 'them', the very ground you NEED to survive is crumbling beneath your feet. And that is MUCH more the pressing issue, rather than candy thrown from the clown at the front of the parade.

Stop looking at the right hand that's showing you pretty pictures and look at what the left hand is doing.

STOP looking at EOs that mean absolutely nothing in the long run, and look at what is being passed into law under your name.

Online roamer_1

Just like me. Just like @roamer_1. Just like millions of others.

The only quandary I have is who to shoot first?

And that reminds me of a time I and my dad were fixin' to go elk hunting. I asked him how many we were gonna try and get?

He said I don't care I just want to get my hands bloody.

I will semi-endorse this. I see you, @bigheadfred . And I will bet this is where we have to go. I am not there yet, just fixin to... But I will stand for peace, and the way forward toward peace.

The hard part is getting folks to listen.

Offline skeeter

If you want a peaceful out, the only way forward is to throw the bastards out. I know that seems wrong, because you are worried about today... But that is ALWAYS the condition. That is ALWAYS why one votes for the lesser evil.

It only makes sense to break the chain. STOP supporting that which you should rightly oppose. The more you vote *FOR* a thing, the more you'll get. What you endorse is all you can control. So stop worrying about the ground 'over there' and start worrying about the ground you're standing upon... Because while you are worrying about 'them', the very ground you NEED to survive is crumbling beneath your feet. And that is MUCH more the pressing issue, rather than candy thrown from the clown at the front of the parade.

Stop looking at the right hand that's showing you pretty pictures and look at what the left hand is doing.

STOP looking at EOs that mean absolutely nothing in the long run, and look at what is being passed into law under your name.
the problem with your philosophy is any vote is always a vote for the lesser evil. There is no one righteous. Not even one.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
I will semi-endorse this. I see you, @bigheadfred . And I will bet this is where we have to go. I am not there yet, just fixin to... But I will stand for peace, and the way forward toward peace.

The hard part is getting folks to listen.

They won't listen.

There are too many that don't want peace.

When you have a Pelosi declaring me to be an enemy then so shall it be.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
the problem with your philosophy is any vote is always a vote for the lesser evil. There is no one righteous. Not even one.

That is the point.

They ALL have to go.

Online roamer_1

That is not true. You are personalizing a concept. What you are voting for are principles, not people. And principles  unlike people, are not subject to your conclusion. They are already and always TRUE. And those people who have proven to adhere to those principles are the ones to endorse.

That is why stump speeches mean nothing to me. That is why flowery speeches have little impact. All that matters is the record. If that guy has stood upon those principles, it will be noteworthy in the record.

Online libertybele

This would be the miracle we need, @libertybele.

People decide they have had enough BS and DESTROY that ilk from the roots to the tip.

It's all going to come to a head very quickly and I fear for my kids and grandkids.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online roamer_1

They won't listen.

There are too many that don't want peace.

When you have a Pelosi declaring me to be an enemy then so shall it be.

In the end, that's probably right... Which is why I am fixin to. But what counters the Pelosis of this world are true blue, rock ribbed Conservatives. And that (and only that) is the path toward a peaceful resolution.

Where Conservatism reigns, this stuff is NOT. Where chaos reigns, it IS... Seems more Conservatism is the elixir.

Offline skeeter

That is not true. You are personalizing a concept. What you are voting for are principles, not people. And principles  unlike people, are not subject to your conclusion. They are already and always TRUE. And those people who have proven to adhere to those principles are the ones to endorse.

That is why stump speeches mean nothing to me. That is why flowery speeches have little impact. All that matters is the record. If that guy has stood upon those principles, it will be noteworthy in the record.
Principles don’t occupy the Oval Office and seats in Congress. Your basic premise is wrong.

Online roamer_1

Principles don’t occupy the Oval Office and seats in Congress. Your basic premise is wrong.

While you are right in that, you fail to see that that is the problem. Continuing to settle for less, dare I say, the lesser evil, will continue that problem.

People look at the TEA Party and count the defectors... And say it failed. What they fail to notice is the handful we have yet from that movement are the only ones stopping anything. Rinse Repeat, cull out the defectors. Insist upon Conservatism and the numbers in congress that did not defect will grow. A handful becomes two handfuls... Do that math, why don't you, and see the end of RINOs.

Offline Idiot

With all due respect a patriot living in California understands much better what a threat government represents than a guy living in flyover country in a cabin in the woods. But you believe what you wanna believe.
:amen:

Offline dfwgator

In the end, that's probably right... Which is why I am fixin to. But what counters the Pelosis of this world are true blue, rock ribbed Conservatives. And that (and only that) is the path toward a peaceful resolution.

Where Conservatism reigns, this stuff is NOT. Where chaos reigns, it IS... Seems more Conservatism is the elixir.

There simply aren't enough hardcore conservatives anymore.    I wish it weren't true, but it is what it is, and we have to make do with what we've got,  and the fact is, whatever you may think of Trump personally, he is still far better than the alternative.   

And I still maintain, that Trump's legacy will be a more conservative GOP than would have been had he not gone into the WH,   and you will see that in 2024.

Offline skeeter

While you are right in that, you fail to see that that is the problem. Continuing to settle for less, dare I say, the lesser evil, will continue that problem.

People look at the TEA Party and count the defectors... And say it failed. What they fail to notice is the handful we have yet from that movement are the only ones stopping anything. Rinse Repeat, cull out the defectors. Insist upon Conservatism and the numbers in congress that did not defect will grow. A handful becomes two handfuls... Do that math, why don't you, and see the end of RINOs.
I am not waiting for a political messiah - there currently is no such person. The hearts of the American people need to change before I’ll get that candidate. And as much as I hope that would happen I’m afraid it never will. In the meantime I will continue to vote for the alternative that most closely tracks my own beliefs - in the primaries then in the general - because it’s the only sensible alternative.

Online roamer_1

There simply aren't enough hardcore conservatives anymore.    I wish it weren't true, but it is what it is, and we have to make do with what we've got,  and the fact is, whatever you may think of Trump personally, he is still far better than the alternative.

By the numbers, in the long run, no, he is not. Though Tumpy should not be your focus in the first place. The presidential office is but a small piece. Far more important are the counties and state houses, and congressmen and senators.

And by the way, the character issue put aside, I still would never vote for Tumpy, because of what He has signed into law already... What a Republican senate and administration has signed into law... Y'all are being played. Take a wade through all those omnibus bills sometime. 

And I still maintain, that Trump's legacy will be a more conservative GOP than would have been had he not gone into the WH,   and you will see that in 2024.

Exactly the opposite is true. Tumpism is no different than any other kind of hyphenated conservatism... serving only to water it down. What is needed is the opposite.

Online roamer_1

I am not waiting for a political messiah - there currently is no such person. The hearts of the American people need to change before I’ll get that candidate. And as much as I hope that would happen I’m afraid it never will. In the meantime I will continue to vote for the alternative that most closely tracks my own beliefs - in the primaries then in the general - because it’s the only sensible alternative.

Oh me too... And that is most likely the Constitution Party most times so far. Cruz was going to be the first Republican I voted for in a very long time...

And Tumpy ain't even close.

Offline skeeter

Oh me too... And that is most likely the Constitution Party most times so far. Cruz was going to be the first Republican I voted for in a very long time...

And Tumpy ain't even close.
Trumps record speaks for itself, but you never been able to back your opinion of him up.

Online roamer_1

Trumps record speaks for itself, but you never been able to back your opinion of him up.

I have backed up every word of it. You just don't want to hear it.

Seriously - Go walk through what has passed as LAW through a Republican senate with HIS signature. It will curl your hair.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I hate to harp on one issue, but from the time abortion was made legal by seven non elected judges sitting on the Supreme Court, there has been zero conservatism in this nation.  Through the years of Nixon, Reagan, and both Bushes, nothing was done to end the mass genocide of our most innocent.

Along comes Donald Trump, a man who was not considered a conservative, and he is the first POTUS to stand with the Right to Life folks, and he has appointed two judges that I believe will overturn Roe vs Wade.  The weakness is the Bush appointee, Roberts, who will never stand for right to life.  He will support abortion.  And with that, we need one more conservative judge to reverse the single greatest wrong ever in our history.

60 + million murdered for the benefit of a woman's right to chose.  It is insanity.

Michael Steele, Jeff Flake, John Kasich, the postman's son, and Romney the Rat, not a one of them or all together rise up to the sole of Donald Trump for conservative values, conservative RESULTS!!!

Offline skeeter

I have backed up every word of it. You just don't want to hear it.

Seriously - Go walk through what has passed as LAW through a Republican senate with HIS signature. It will curl your hair.
Congress is another story.