Author Topic: Reporter Presses Kamala Harris to Explain Her Primary Attack on Biden Over Busing  (Read 232 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Reporter Presses Kamala Harris to Explain Her Primary Attack on Biden Over Busing
Leah Barkoukis

Posted: Aug 24, 2020 8:50 AM

Out of all the Democratic presidential candidates, Sen. Kamala Harris was arguably one of the toughest critics of former Vice President Joe Biden.

On the campaign trail she called out his comments about working with segregationist senators and slammed him during one of the debates about his stand on busing minority students to better school districts.

Of course, she prefaced her comments by noting that she doesn’t believe he’s a racist, but there was the infamous “but” afterwards.

“I do not believe you are a racist,” Harris told Biden. “And I agree with you when you commit yourself to the importance of finding common ground, but I also believe — and it is personal, and it was actually very hurtful to hear you talk about the reputations of two United States senators who built their reputation and career on the segregation of race in this country. And it was not only that, but you also worked with them to oppose busing.”

She went on to explain why his position was personal to her.

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2020/08/24/how-kamala-harris-just-explained-her-debate-attacks-on-biden-n2574905
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Translation:  "I won't answer tough questions; that would be a distraction from our narrative of falsehoods."
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline dfwgator

Any different than George "Voodoo Economics" Bush on Reagan?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Any different than George "Voodoo Economics" Bush on Reagan?

Sure.  Bush's was fair comment on the current policy position of his opponent.  Harris's was an attempt to shame Biden over a policy position from 30 years ago,  and to wrap herself in manufactured virtue. 

Harris is, in short, an ambitious demagogue with no particular moral  compass,  manipulating her audience to believe Biden had committed moral error for fighting for us working parents way back in the day.
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide